Did dawson do as badly as the papers are saying

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Tassie Saint
Club Player
Location: In the wilds of Tassie - Where boys become men, and cousins become wives

I thought Dawson was shaky early and second guessed himself - a few times he tried to be cute and knock the ball on or paddle it forward instead of putting his head over the ball and taking possession, then getting rid of it.

BUT
I think it was the third quarter? He (and the rest of the backline) stood up big time, took some great marks and repelled the doggies attacks

In summary I thought he did enough to keep his spot - I'd bring Max in still though, probably at the expense of an Eddy type player

Caaaaaarn you Sainters!!
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Glenn McFarlane of the Sunday Herald Sun should stick to his favorite pastimes of eating Quarter Pounders and fantasizing about the rear passage of horses than wasting time writing about footy.

Judging by his picture in the paper he is more shaky around fast food outlets than Zac is deep in the backline during a Preliminary Final.

Typical lazy tabloid journalism...

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I think we will have to start calling him the ZacBack of telstra dome, the weight of the world comes crashing dpown on him at every opportunity.
Is everyone forgetting the sloppy movement out of our defensive 50 when Brad Johnson gathered the ball with nothing but daylight between him and the goals, Zac ran him down from behind.
Would love to see Max get a premiership medal as much as he would, but Zac doesnt deserve to be moved aside for him. Maybe the question should be would Max be better then NDS and Goddard playing deep in defense???

Seeya
SteveStevens66
Club Player

claystreet wrote:
Drop Eddy move Raph up the ground in comes Max thats about the only way i could see it at the moment.
Excellent. Should have been done a while back.

Carna Saints!!!
linz
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote:
claystreet wrote:
Drop Eddy move Raph up the ground in comes Max thats about the only way i could see it at the moment.
Excellent. Should have been done a while back.
Or drop Eddy for Max & play Zac as the 3rd tall marking forward. He's a good mark & a beautiful kick for goal. (It won't happen though)

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
GrumpyOne

I thought MMM should have a good hard look at their commentary team. Apart from the unwarranted Zac-bashing, the radio listener had no idea where the ball was most of the time, they were too busy cracking one-liners and nicknames at each other. Fine if you are listening to them as you watch the game, but otherwise, effing useless.