Milne - was he our worst ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

I can't see why Gram, Blake or Raph were singled out for playing s***. I think all of these guys played very servicable games, especially Raph, sure a couple of mistakes but thought his last half was close to excellent.

But hey, we're 22-2 with one last game to play this year, obviously some players still need to be dragged out and shot seeing as we're so crap!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
zebraman
Club Player

Milne was pretty quiet....Schneider also.....but Gram had a horror of a game...handballs and kicks going to the opposition...I started to cringe when he got the ball...

On the positives side....I thought Dawson did pretty well...and Raph, even though he made a couple of mistakes, did very well in the last 1/4...

Hargreaves from the Bulldogs kicked out of bounds on the full at least 3 times..

So many mistakes from both sides...

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milne??

Poor game = no.

Quiet game yes, less than we would like yes...... but when you watch the game on replay please not some of the small TEAM things that Milney did. That spoil running with the flight of the ball towards a set opponent in the last quarter was vital.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
derby Street
Club Player

Dear Doc,

Suggest you have a closer look at the replay - obviously the ocassion got to you and the pressure clouded your observation. Hope you have a better game next week. :D

reincarnated

Gilbert by far the worst easily. His short disposal was awful and it could have been much messier if he got the ball more often

Not to worry though. We won

PJ
SS Life Member

Milney was not Robinson Crusoe for lack of impact but hardly think we're going to drop the guy or perhaps we should announce we're trading half our list now brfore the grand final...sheeesh...get a grip.

Saints won because we didn't lose our cool or our faith in what Ross has set up. Yes we had a few roughies but we'll be better next week.

Why we won -

1/ No 1 defense in the AFL by a country mile

2/ Best centreman in the AFL also by a country mile

3/ Riewoldt - Most Valyable Player in the AFL - no brainer

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
SuperSaint
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:Gilbert by far the worst easily. His short disposal was awful and it could have been much messier if he got the ball more often

No I don't agree with this. Yes it was probably the worst game Gilbo played but his desperation in the last quarter to stop Johnno kicking through a goal from a contested spillage was match aving.

Eddy, as much as the kid tries and for all of his gut running, is sadly very poorly skilled and was easily our worst player last night. He looked lost last night and if his skills don't improve, he will struggle to stay on the list long term.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SuperSaint wrote:Eddy, as much as the kid tries and for all of his gut running, is sadly very poorly skilled and was easily our worst player last night. He looked lost last night and if his skills don't improve, he will struggle to stay on the list long term.
"Poorly skilled"? He only got the ball four times and didn't kick it at all, so how could you tell his skills were poor?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Many had shockers and we still won.

The upside is we won't have many, if any, down next week.

No change!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

battye wrote:Kicked a pretty vital goal.

He and Schnadzo are those sort of players, they can change a game.
Agreed

Milton66
SS Life Member

I think the doggies plan unsettled our structure and many fwds ended up playing up the ground.

But Schneider won't play 2 bad ones ina rw.

Milne, sadly, is still suspect in big games IMO.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
SuperSaint
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
SuperSaint wrote:Eddy, as much as the kid tries and for all of his gut running, is sadly very poorly skilled and was easily our worst player last night. He looked lost last night and if his skills don't improve, he will struggle to stay on the list long term.
"Poorly skilled"? He only got the ball four times and didn't kick it at all, so how could you tell his skills were poor?
My comment is not based on last night's game but rather all his senior games to date. His tackling and pressure skills are terrific but his ball usage is average to below par. It would not surprise me if he hasn't got the full confidence of all his teammates as a couple of times last night he made position to receive the ball but was ignored.

ThomasR
Club Player

No change

Geary played almost every game I think until the Geelong game this year and got 4 touches and was dropped. One of the first changes I think we made that was not due to injury or a player returning from injury. Can't see him coming back if Cats make it through.

Eddy obviously not a great game but his running is important. Tackles hard and sticks to the plan. Ross called the free he gave away 'silly' but I thought it was good to see him flying the flag. I still prefer him to Geary (as above), Armo (not fit enough) and Dempster (headless chook). These guys haven't played for a few weeks now and it would be a huge call to bring any of them in for the GF.

MACEwasACE
Club Player

Eddy our worst. Did he have a role at all? If he had a negating role that would explain his lack of presence.

Eddy - out
Maxy - In

Max will match up on Mooney well and leave Zac for Stevie Johnston.

IF It is to be it is up to me.
saintly_safes
Club Player

Imo Milneys worst game for the year went ground far too offen & his forward pressure was well below par on previous efforts so far this year. He will need to refocus next week to get back to the level that he has sustained for so much of this season & im sure he will

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

MACEwasACE wrote:Eddy our worst. Did he have a role at all? If he had a negating role that would explain his lack of presence.

Eddy - out
Maxy - In

Max will match up on Mooney well and leave Zac for Stevie Johnston.
How many errors did Eddy make, to be our worst?

What can Max add to our team that Eddy can't?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintly_safes
Club Player

reincarnated wrote:Gilbert by far the worst easily. His short disposal was awful and it could have been much messier if he got the ball more often

Everyone to their own but I thought Gilbert was pretty good :?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

In: Gwilt...more than likely to pop up with 2 or 3 than any other

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Doc wrote:
But for mine, and I know I'll get crucified by a few people here, but Raph Clarke looked slow, unaware, unconfident and his disposal and decision making let him down a few times just before getting collected in that 3rd quarter. I'm not a Raph basher like some, I genuinely think he (or maybe Blake) was our worst tonight.

nuff said.
\

you are right there...with the nuff said crap......blake and raph played good serviceable games...they were not the crap players of the night...were you even there...ffs....
Last edited by stinger on Sun 20 Sep 2009 12:02am, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Not one of our players can be criticised for their defensive efforts. Some od the 1 %ers last night were just brilliant. Id single Zac out here for special mention. However its when some of our defenders have the ball in their hands that some get a little edgy

Gilbert is a brilliant defender with a dashing run and a lovely sidestep. He however is possibly the most one-sided left footer Ive ever watched. Maybe its its rugby background but he seriously will do anything to avoid having to kick on the right..and it occasionally gets him into big trouble

Ideally its BJ who should be given the ball to hit up a midfielder outside 50..a big part of why he plans in defence I suspect.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
steph
Club Player

For all this "Eddy tackles" talk, just so we are clear, he laid ONE tackle. lets be serious, he had 4 handballs, 0 kicks. nothing against the kid, but we may as well have played with 21 last night. surely cannot keep his spot.

marksnsparks
Club Player

Kosi out, Gwilt in.

Kosi just gets in Rooeys way most of the time and his accuracy is very off the boil.

Eddy out, Steven in.

Youthful confidence and hardness will see him star.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:Kosi out, Gwilt in.

Kosi just gets in Rooeys way most of the time and his accuracy is very off the boil.

Eddy out, Steven in.

Youthful confidence and hardness will see him star.
Now that is really going to happen.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

eddy was quiet
mind you he did only play 54% on the ground
4 handballs
1 tackle
1 clanger
:?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:Kosi out, Gwilt in.

You should probably watch the replay. Kosi was a better target across half-forward than Riewoldt was, strange to say, and really had a decent game except for missing goals.