The final that was always going to happen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

maz1685 wrote:Hate to be pessimistic but Saints haven't been the same since they rested all those players against Hawthorn, maybe if we went back to the team they had earlier in the season, no Eddy, no Dempster and include Geary and Gwilt then maybe I'd think we're a chance, but Geelong did that too easily, whereas we only beat Collingwood by 25 points.
Mate, if you can't see that the pies were a spent force tonight, then you were not watching the game. Melbourne would have beaten them tonight.

Cats might have been good, but that effort after half time was freo like from the pies...
Last edited by kaos theory on Sat 19 Sep 2009 11:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

maz1685 wrote:Hate to be pessimistic but Saints haven't been the same since they rested all those players against Hawthorn, maybe if we went back to the team they had earlier in the season, no Eddy, no Dempster and include Geary and Gwilt then maybe I'd think we're a chance, but Geelong did that too easily, whereas we only beat Collingwood by 25 points.
Geary's form dropped off dramatically, probably due to the fact he's so young. Gwilt...mmmm...maybe, but I think Geelong will be different with Ottens and SJ in the team, so we'll need to address that balance.

We beat a full Collingwood line-up by 28 points, with no week's rest, having come off a string of wins...hardly comparable to tonight.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Get a grip FFS mate.

Colliwngwood playe their GF last week. They shoulda been out then.

Geelong had zero pressure tonight

Wont be the case next wek.

“Yeah….nah””
Milton66
SS Life Member

kaos theory wrote:
Mate, if you can't see that the pies were a spent force tonight, then you were not watching the game. Melbourne would have beaten them tonight.

Cats might have been good, that effort after half time was freo like from the pies...
Pies played their GF last week.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

stick your pessimism where the sun don't shine...we must be single minded and focussed like Hawthorn were last year...we are the hunters..seize the day and create history...we haven't come this far to be lilylivered :x :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
markp
Saintsational Legend

The sky is falling!

We need Goosey Loosey.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood were witches hats tonight.

No Pressure on Cats

Brisbane were witches hats last week.

No pressure on Dogs.

Pressure like no other last night - Freewheeling Dogs kick a whole 7 goals.

Will the Saints be witches hats like Collingwood - or will they apply last nights pressure or EVEN BETTER next Saturday?

You be the judge of the Saints pressure this season and tell me.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Just a reminder.....

In 2007 Geelong JUST beat the Pies by a goal in the Prelim.

In the GF, they slaughtered Port Adelaide by a zillion points.

Brisbane also had a tough win I think vs Sydney in a Prelim, but still won
the GF the following week.

A hard-fought Prelim might be just what is required for us!

markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Will the Saints be witches hats like Collingwood - or will they apply last nights pressure or EVEN BETTER next Saturday?
*Thinking music plays*

The second one?!

maz1685
Club Player

I only heard the 2nd half on radio and don't even remember hearing a Pies name mentioned. Anyway, can you guys help me switch to optimistic? Were the Pies really that bad?? I wouldn't have thought Ottens would make much difference after being out all year, how did Geelong look?

sendmehomehappy
Club Player

Tonight was a training run for the cats against an insipid, spent cold, depleted oversold pie outfit.

Not the tune-up after a week off that Geelong would have wanted to face our pressure next week.

The dogs gave us a good hard honest game...and we prevailed with a good number of players fully down....Milne, Schneider, Kosi, King and Eddy unsighted. That was the hit out we needed after a slack 5 weeks.

Watch out Geelong...it's the year of the Saints

matrix
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver
Club Player

Think of our worst ten players last night. Do you think they will be as bad next week?
I don't.
If I am wrong, we lose.
If I'm right, we can take this thing.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
degruch
Saintsational Legend

maz1685 wrote:I only heard the 2nd half on radio and don't even remember hearing a Pies name mentioned. Anyway, can you guys help me switch to optimistic? Were the Pies really that bad?? I wouldn't have thought Ottens would make much difference after being out all year, how did Geelong look?
The Pies were woeful for the second half...had a 5 minute purple patch in the 1st and 2nd quarters. Ottens v no-one...he's bound to look pretty good.

maz1685
Club Player

Ok, starting to feel a little better with what people are saying, should probably apologise for my first post, my nerves + my frustrating 3hr drive = a p****d off & pessimistic supporter!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

maz1685 wrote:Ok, starting to feel a little better with what people are saying, should probably apologise for my first post, my nerves + my frustrating 3hr drive = a p****d off & pessimistic supporter!!
Don't stress Maz...it was apples v apples Friday night, apples v mashmellows tonight. Geelong will need to bring their A game next week just as much as we do.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

I think when you look at the games St Kilda will learn a lot more than Geelong would of. Geelong could of learned more off a packet of Wheat Bix. Collingwood just looked second class.
Round 14 showed we had it in us to knock them off. I'm sure we can find the determination that we have showed for the season.

midas_touch
Club Player

PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE PRESSURE

the key to unravelling the cats.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

So what are you trying to say midas?

midas_touch
Club Player

just pointing out to some posters in this thread that they shouldn't be overawed of the cats based on tonight's training drill

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)