Another GT "Gem"... I agree 100%!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote: Interestingly, Eade outcoached Ross again last night
F@@@ you are a sad sad bastard :roll: :roll:

You wouldn't have a clue.

Not a skerrick.

Piss Off and go give your GT doll one.

You dont deserve to enjoy this week.
are you f****** kidding me
out coached??
look at the changes made after the half??
stupid comment
unreal
i can see no matter what happens this week then some twats just wont be happy
correct, doesnt deserve to enjoy any of this weeks festivities
He may not have outcoached RL but he certainly coached as well as RL. He did a St Kilda to St Kilda. I think you can enjoy the week and still give positive comments to the oppostion. Doesnt mean yo are sad or stupid.
unreal
the guys been a nuff for the entire thread
of course eade coached well
at the start
but anyone that leaves sam fisher as free man in defence even for 15 mins has no idea imo...

go saints
And you thought the Dogs would be in front with 5 minutes to go?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

mate i picked us by 5 goals!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
meher baba wrote:I knew my view that Eade outcoached Lyon .
Now I am confused..I thought that you and RF had Westaway as the "puppet master' pulling the coaching strings.

Surely you really mean that Eade outcoached Westaway?

??

Please, leave me out of your fantasies.

I've never said anything remotely close to that you lying lunatic.
So you now wish to retract that Westaway told Lyon what to do??

Glad you have come to your senses at lest in part.
The Board did strongly suggest to Ross Lyon that things needed to change in relation to our style of play. This was echoed publicly in one of Westaway's few public statements.

Fact.

Did I ever say or even suggest that Westaway was a puppet master pulling the strings behind the scenes? Absoluetly not you liar.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Sat 19 Sep 2009 7:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:mate i picked us by 5 goals!
That is my point. To be in front with little time left and with no tall forwards was a great playing and coaching effort.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Who outcoached who?

Really a dumb argument IMO.

Yes, Eade did well. No not good enough perhaps? We won.

Chicken and egg argument.

Lyon coached well after 1/4 time. We regained composure and squeezed them dfensively.

In the end it came down to raw guts and talent, and we squeaked ahead.

The Doggies played their best ever footy to get within cooee of us.

I mean, who cares?

We won, and we're off to the big dance. :D

And RF, you get the first cha cha if we win next week. :lol:

Time to lock this thread.

PS: If we want to split hairs... that good old shut down Swans style served us well last night. :wink:

Finals are won from defence. End of story.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

This thread must never be locked. Should be used at all schools to show that grown adults are really kids at heart and also should show kids how the brain demishes with age.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I can't believe anyone is even talking about coaches after last night.

If ever it was as blatantly obvious that star players win games based on their ability, then last night was it.

Roo and Lenny's herculean efforts won the game.

they played for us - not the Dogs. that's why we won.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

To the non-believers Also...if Ross cannot coach...how was he outcoached and why was it surprising????

To the Ross Believers; Funny is it not how the non-believers wish to completely disregard how the structures put in place by the coaching panel largely saved the day. The backline for example were under enormous pressure...but stood up superbly.

In earlier recent regimes such an onslaught as mounted by the Dogs would have broken our backs seeing an easy win to the opposition.

The FACT that we can win even when our skills are a bit off due to our structures is credit to our coaching panel.

Now yes Lenny and Roo played great games...but for example Roo NEVER used to tackle, chase and tackle like he did in the Dogs game. Roo has been a great player for a while...but the current coaching panel has turned him into a true elite player....or as decribed by Leigh Matthews last night the Most Valuable Player in the competition. roo used to be the player that oppostion players used to snigger about about...now they FEAR him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Roo and Lenny's herculean efforts won the game.

they played for us - not the Dogs. that's why we won.
Only a fool would not recognise that our backline and it's structures stood up superbly.

You might make an AA selector at your current rate. :roll:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

P66, I wish I could pay the "brain demishes with age" line as a deliberately clever mistake. But your priors suggest otherwise. Another accidental P66 "gem". We are never so stupid as when we're trying to be smart........ Just enjoy the week old fella, and save your brain for next Saturday.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:P66, I wish I could pay the "brain demishes with age" line as a deliberately clever mistake. But your priors suggest otherwise. Another accidental P66 "gem". We are never so stupid as when we're trying to be smart........ Just enjoy the week old fella, and save your brain for next Saturday.
Sorry i spelt the word wrong. Did you show your Collingwood mates again at a dinner party and have a laugh. when people have a go at spelling a word wrong then you know they have nothing else to contribute.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:mate i picked us by 5 goals!
That is my point. To be in front with little time left and with no tall forwards was a great playing and coaching effort.
i didnt say it wasnt lol
eade does well with what he has
but some match ups later after half time had me scratching my head
if they had a decent FF and a big CHB they would be a fantastic side

vacuous space
SS Life Member

meher baba wrote:With better forwards the Dogs would have blown us away.
That's such a cop out. The Dogs smashed a team with Brown and Bradshaw at the key posts last week. They were the highest scoring team this year. They may not have a Riewoldt, but neither do the teams playing tonight. I'd rather have Murphy at CHF and Johnson at FF than Cloke and Anthony - maybe even Mooney and Hawkins. Their mobility creates mismatches anyway.

Their forward structure looked just fine until quarter time. Then, once we took away their switch and limited their run, their forwards were suddenly forced into playing the kind of game we wanted them to play - overhead with little space to lead into. Their forward thrusts were more guesswork, less designed and completely ineffective.

I question whether Eade did anything particularly good after QT. His players were winning the ball all over the field and due to their lack of structure couldn't translate that into a win. Forget personel, if they had our structure and discipline, they'd be playing in the GF next week.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:P66, I wish I could pay the "brain demishes with age" line as a deliberately clever mistake. But your priors suggest otherwise. Another accidental P66 "gem". We are never so stupid as when we're trying to be smart........ Just enjoy the week old fella, and save your brain for next Saturday.
Sorry i spelt the word wrong. Did you show your Collingwood mates again at a dinner party and have a laugh. when people have a go at spelling a word wrong then you know they have nothing else to contribute.
Reincarnated say Bingo

Reincarnated is not the greatest of spellers yet when engaging in debate posters when knowing they will not remain victorious decide to pick apart Reincarnated's spelling

Reincarnated understands most people on here are unintelligent

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I knew my view that Eade outcoached Lyon would bring out the usual vitriol from the usual suspects. Obviously some of you come from a school of thought that the coach of the side that wins is always the better coach.
No you boring tiresome fool - some of us actually go to the game and see the moves made.

Some see the interchanges and the new matchups.

Some see the adjustments to the zones down the ground (you know the ones that the TV telecast doesn't show you).

You are a joke.

A clown.

You wanted RL sacked last year - but now because he is more successful than your hero you try to bring down the win last night by this BS "OUtcoached" crap.

A coach outcoached but the coach who outcoached him could only managed to get his superior coached team to kick 7 goals all night.

The superior coach who couldn't get his team to run through the middle after qtr but have to kick to contests. The superior coach whose team played the St.Kilda way - not the freewheeling Bulldog way - AND LOST.

Your view are pathetic bitter.

Just go from this forum. You have been PROVEN to be a fool of the highest order.

Sack Lyon :roll: pfft you absolute cabbage.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Milton66
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
meher baba wrote:I knew my view that Eade outcoached Lyon would bring out the usual vitriol from the usual suspects. Obviously some of you come from a school of thought that the coach of the side that wins is always the better coach.
No you boring tiresome fool - some of us actually go to the game and see the moves made.

Some see the interchanges and the new matchups.

Some see the adjustments to the zones down the ground (you know the ones that the TV telecast doesn't show you).

You are a joke.

A clown.

You wanted RL sacked last year - but now because he is more successful than your hero you try to bring down the win last night by this BS "OUtcoached" crap.

A coach outcoached but the coach who outcoached him could only managed to get his superior coached team to kick 7 goals all night.

The superior coach who couldn't get his team to run through the middle after qtr but have to kick to contests. The superior coach whose team played the St.Kilda way - not the freewheeling Bulldog way - AND LOST.

Your view are pathetic bitter.

Just go from this forum. You have been PROVEN to be a fool of the highest order.

Sack Lyon :roll: pfft you absolute cabbage.

Aw, come on... don't hold back.

Tell him what you really think. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I can't believe anyone is even talking about coaches after last night.
When someone deliberately flames a thread with the pathetic "outcoached" BS - it has to get a run.

The "outcoached" line s.hitted me when it was trotted out against GT after almost every single loss - and it s.hits me now when small minded egotists trot it out to try to diminish our current coach.

But in essence you are correct. Over the coures of the game last night the coaches had little impact.

The coaching impact was the brillant game plan RL has put together. In a cutthroat fight to the death last night - our forward setup not working - our basic defensive structure held together beautifully and restricted the highest scoring team this year to 7 goals.

Gameday coaching is overrated - however the coaching of Lyon to meld this team into thegameplan needed to grind out a tight PF win cannot be understated.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Gameday coaching is overrated - however the coaching of Lyon to meld this team into thegameplan needed to grind out a tight PF win cannot be understated.
Totally concur.

Game day coaching is overrated.

Getting good players, getting them fit, and getting them able to carry out instructions and work together for 4 quarters without losing concentration is what a coach needs to do.

Lyon did it better than Eade last night.

Simple.

Was it Eade's fault that they lost though? No.
Was it Lyon's fault, on the night, that we won? No.

Overrated by so many.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The coaching impact was the brillant game plan RL has put together. In a cutthroat fight to the death last night - our forward setup not working - our basic defensive structure held together beautifully and restricted the highest scoring team this year to 7 goals.
Just to play devil's advocate for a second, who's fault is it that the forward setup didn't function?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote: Gameday coaching is overrated - however the coaching of Lyon to meld this team into thegameplan needed to grind out a tight PF win cannot be understated.
Totally concur.

Game day coaching is overrated.

Getting good players, getting them fit, and getting them able to carry out instructions and work together for 4 quarters without losing concentration is what a coach needs to do.

Lyon did it better than Eade last night.

Simple.

Was it Lyon's fault, on the night, that we won? No.

Overrated by so many.
Seems to be a media hyperbole talking point that everyone has swallowed.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Just to play devil's advocate for a second, who's fault is it that the forward setup didn't function?
The players - IMHO. They didn't adjust to the tempo very well early on and seemed to be a bit heavy legged. Many many nervous starts and terrible turnovers also didn't help.

Bulldogs also threw everthing at the Saints in the first qtr - but once fatigue set in and the Saints settled into their gameplan rythme I thought we started to get the forwards working a bit better.

Lance or James??

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Oh the irony. The dripping dripping irony.

P66 has a go at brains....and misspells/types 'diminishing'.

And another .KNOB calls most of the people on this forum 'unintelligent'.

Stop it. Stop it now. My stomach hurts. :lol:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Maybe he should have pushed harder to recruit a KPF... :idea:

Or maybe he should have perserved more with his developing talls. :idea:

But one thing is for sure without Lyon's coaching to develop the list in to what it is today... mentally, structurally and personnel wise the Saints would not have won.

Credit goes to Lyon.

Coaching is a lot more than what the coach does on match-days.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 20 Sep 2009 1:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What would GT do about Geelong?

Oh thats right he never got us to a GF did he?

Lance or James??

asiu

i drink way to much vodka

its got nothing to do with the chicken or the egg .....very obviously , and i mean , obviously , the rooster came first

ffs

how **** hard is it ?

no lenny ...... no here today ....simple

i love you lenny hayes ........a captains game from the vice captain

chicken or the **** egg ....hahahahahaha.....gooses....lenny **** hayes came , comed and **** conquered

i need another one , just like the other one

wheres the tally **** ho's .....lenny , lenny , lenny

lenny ,
lenny ,
lenny ,

thankyou lenny **** hayes