Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Had a "Raphsher" [Raph-basher] behind me and it did drive me nuts a little.

Had a good game but JESUS CHRIST he does make you squirm. He's good for at least three-four head-in-hands moments each week.

Eliminate those terrible decisions - which I'm sorry, are much worse than others because of the way he coughs it up - and you've got a quality player.

So frustrating because last night showed how valuble he can be.

Get him running, get him confident...he can add something.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure someone will :roll: ) but the last time I looked, this game of ours was a TEAM sport :roll:
Now not everyone in a team plays well each and every minute in each and every game. The basis of our success this season is that we carry the "strugglers" when we have to, and do our bit for the TEAM.
Raph has been a part of this success for the major part of the season just as every other member of the side has.
For Gods sake, can we all please get behind the TEAM!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I've not been a fan of Raph in the past, but I think he's improved tremendously as his confidence has built over the journey this year. Last night, apart from two clangers, I thought he put in his best effort for the year. He took some crucial marks and used his body very effectively in the tight contests. He threw himself into everything and I doubt he could've done more. To hear some of the criticism from his own fans last night was very disappointing, to say the least.

I think those supporters suffer what we in psychology call, "confirmation bias". That is we only see or acknowledge what we already believe to be correct. Those supporters who continually bag Raph immediately pounce on the slightest error he makes, then fail to acknowledge the good things he does. He did after all, have 21 touches last night, most of them being effective. Give the guy a break. All players at some point cause us to put our heads in our hands. Last night, when the game was there to be won, I thought Raph stood up and passed the test. He deserves his spot next week.

BTW, I still think he'd make a better lead-up type, 3rd tall forward option, but that's another thread altogether. GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTS AND ALL WHO PLAY IN THE JUMPER!!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:When most were out on their feet in last quarter Raph provided the run, Raph committed to the contest - 100% effort, 100% commitment.

Would also like to add that I thought Bally & Lenny was on the bottom of every pack in that last quarter. Despite the average showing their were some gutsy efforts.
agree - all three were very important at the end. very happy with raph's run in the last.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure someone will :roll: ) but the last time I looked, this game of ours was a TEAM sport :roll:
Now not everyone in a team plays well each and every minute in each and every game. The basis of our success this season is that we carry the "strugglers" when we have to, and do our bit for the TEAM.
Raph has been a part of this success for the major part of the season just as every other member of the side has.
For Gods sake, can we all please get behind the TEAM!!!!!!!!
No doubt you are correct Jisgster but Raph has been our whipping boy for the last 2 years. He can't do anything with out being criticized by some fans. It is nice to see in this post that some are acknowledging the great efforts from him last night. Whilst it is a team game we didn't have many player who stood up in the game and it is nice to give praise to those who did the bulk of hard work of keep the club alive in 09.

Go Saints.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Raph, for all his erors, stemmed the tide in the last quarter. That effort alone cements his place IMO.

He wasn't Robinson Carusoe when it came to fumbles last night. Why single him out?

Seriously, let's be happy that the "team" got home.

Any sad sacks that want to criticise should just F*** the hell off.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Raph, for all his erors, stemmed the tide in the last quarter. That effort alone cements his place IMO.

He wasn't Robinson Carusoe when it came to fumbles last night. Why single him out?

You are a shocking poster with bad body odour.

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:
Milton66 wrote:Raph, for all his erors, stemmed the tide in the last quarter. That effort alone cements his place IMO.

You are a d**khead

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You are a d**khead

Yes but arent you going to abuse me as well.

Milton66
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You are a d**khead

Yes but arent you going to abuse me as well.
Nice comeback. :wink: :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintly_safes
Club Player

Raph has earnt his spot & is doing ok & as good as he was on friday night he made some terrible mistakes that you just carnt afford to make especially in a grand final . I give credit where credits due & Raph has improved with every game but needs to keep improving to eliminate the brain fades that seem to creep in at pivotal times.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Raph

st.byron wrote:Thought Raph was good tonight. He was the one really giving us run out of the back half in the last quarter. His handling was sure and he looked composed.
Well done to Rapher.

pretty good eh..?.and after he was pole axed by gardiner.......carried him off......i noticed at the time that his legs were heavily bandaged...came back on in the last minus all of them.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..and played like he did in last years finals....... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.