How were we all feeling after the game?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

How were we all feeling after the game?

I stood with my best mate, who was responsible for getting me on board with the saints 12 years ago. I usually sit with my 9 year old daughter, but my wife offered to come along and take care of her and I thought I owed it to my mate, as I thought if we make the GF I want to be standing with him.

THe game was one of frustration, but somehow I don't think any of us have given enough credit to the doggies, who were unrelenting all night. When Riewoldt kicked those last 2 goals, my mate had me in a headlock and we were both screaming. When the siren rang it was just pure it was just pure excitement. We quickly organised our plans for next week, and I moved off to meet my wife and daughter.

As I stood half way up aisle 18 waiting I was overcome with emotion. In 40 years I have never seen my club play in a GF. 97 didn't really count for me, as I was very recently converted to the saints from the now defunct Fitzroy after 1996, so it was hard to feel anything but pleased in 97. Now I feel completely immersed with the saints for better or worse. I always dreamed of watching my team in a GF and never dared dreaming of watching them win it.

I was almost in a trance staring at the scoreboard - when I snapped out of it I realised there were tears in my eyes and my mouth was twisted out of shape. THis was weird for me (thank god my mate wasn't around) and I quickly tried to compose myself. I watched with sadness inconsoleable Bulldog supporters shuffle past. Without even thinking I put an arm on the shoulder of a bloke about my age who was a bulldog supporter. We both looked at each other and without saying anything the look said everything. It could so easily have been us (sainters) trundling out feeling empty. He nodded and kept walking. It was at this point that I realised that my wife and daughter had walked past me and were waiting downstairs (the basement area where you can walk around the ground) She must have seen me and thought I needed time to myself :lol:

I just hope everyone realises how special this week is, how rare it is to make GF's. Let's not spoil the week by pointing fingers at perceived underachieving players in the past 2 finals. It's going to be the hardest game of their lives, and hopefully we will all be able to carry them fwd on a wave of emotion. Lyon will take care of any selection dilemmas. Let's all get to training if we can, to the GF parade, and if lucky enough to the GF.

I'm Pumped - GO SAINTERS.

Muir_32
Club Player

How did I feel after the game?
I was totally drained.
Mentally and physically spent.
I thought we lost it, then had it won, lost it again....Thank God for Roo.
The cream rose to the top in a final...Roo, Lenny, Dal and Fish.
Grand Final week was awsome in 97...To go through that again will be sensational.. I have the week off work to soak it all up again.

Great win Sainters

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

how do i feel now?

average.

out till 5, up at 6:30. train at 7:15 and in at work at 8:30.

hungover but bloody happy

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah....the game was freakin tough to watch....

Was freakin agony for the most part.

Got home at about 2am....

And then it sunk in.

Pretty freakin happy about it.

But I have a howler of a hangover.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
GrumpyOne

Top post moods.... summed it all up.

For me, I feel strangely relaxed. All season, at least after the first few rounds, I thought we could make the GF. I'd have been heartbroken if we'd fallen at the last hurdle.

I'll try to stay relaxed all of next week.... we are there, we can do it.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

how do i feel? hangover dido.

frustrated.. yep...im boarding a bloody plan to qlds in 6 hours, and want be home to monday next week

blessed.. to see my dad cry last night. he is such a passionate saints fan, and to see him so close to completion last night really moved me.

BUT MOST OF ALL IM BLOODY SCREAMING FROM ROOF TOPS WITH EXCITEMENT!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

..like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

THAT was the game we had to win to get the monkey off our back. There were many nasty vindictive footy fans out there wanting us to choke and fall over last night. Sux to be them today

When the siren went? Went off like a clock fair to say. Plenty of tears of joy shed around me

Lids off now. Gonna enjoy the week, fly the colours, be proud in the knowledge that this team will leave nothing out there in the search for this flag.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Relief!
Witnessed some horror ,as have we all. In that last quarter my mind just kept ticking back to the 04 prelim sitting over there amongst those cretins,when Port got some BS free kicks,then kicked goals out of there a$s.Wanganeen from outside 50,then one for the boundary. Nothing went right for us that night and last night I just kept thinking we are owed one by the footy gods. The footy god delivered.
I reckon we are the Port of 04. After some prelim losses just needed to guts out a win and get in the GF. Now we're in,look out

Bring back the Lockett era
Voyager
Club Player

Was kind of living in a nightmare at 1st quarter time, almost feeling sick, as were people around me..rollercoaster ride, plenty of hugs, joy around at end of game...

Now?...cannot help myself smiling again and again today...Woooohoooo!!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Yeah....the game was freakin tough to watch....

And then it sunk in.

This...ouch, my head hurts courtesy of Y and J's.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
bigred wrote:Yeah....the game was freakin tough to watch....

And then it sunk in.

This...ouch, my head hurts courtesy of Y and J's.
ahhh....maybe the city was the go??

Plenty of us headed back towards Richmond in search of a pub...queues everywhere..C/Arms, Corner, Precinct all had big lines out the front. Settled for pizza at that lil place near the station

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mick13
Club Player

Went to Crown, mates were lucky. Lots of free beers.

I made $50 on roulette (a lot for me), then blow it all on red even though my motto was 'bet it all on black' - i swear black came up 13 times in a row.

And at one stage the numbers went 4,17,17,17,4....the chances of 3 17's in a row? 1 in 30,000?

Beej
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:how do i feel now?

average.

Ouch. I know how that feels. Wouldn't want to be you right about now, mate. :lol: :wink:

I was so emotionally drained last night. The ramifications of a loss were circulating through my mind the whole game and it was pure torture. At the start of the fourth I was getting visions of 2005 FFS.

I heard someone say "2 mins left" shortly before Roo kicked that one off the ground so I knew we were relatively safe from then on. When the siren went - relief.

I got home at 12 but didn't get to bed until 5. I was tired but I didn't want to go to sleep. I wanted that feeling to last forever.

A night I will never forget.

Enjoy today Saintsational. If my calculations are correct, the GF nerves will begin shortly after the other prelim. :D

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Reckon I aged about 3 years last night...talk about being put through the mincer ..feet first :shock:

The relief at the end was just enormous and I couldn't stop laughing,crying and dancing with my girls to the theme song for about 30 minutes after the siren much to my wifes bemusment not to mention the neighbours :?

In my euphoria I did pause and spared a thought for the Dogs who so easily could have won and were so, so brave...we understand the pain they are feeling but for us after the year we have had it would have been gut renching and almost terminal for this group.

Had lots a calming neck oil and didn't get much sleep with the adrenilin and a party next door but I am feeling no pain...

Just so pleased we are in our rightful postion after the year we have had and are very confident we will give one almighty shake!!!! :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Very different me last night.

Against the cats earlier in the season was screaming so much couldnt talk properly for a week.

Last night found myself strangely quiet with a right thumb that is still wrinkly from me chewing on it (never done that before)

Kept asking anybody how much time was left , like how would they know.

When the siren went I actually couldnt breathe. Looked across at my 81 year old mum and 95 year old Aunt who were hugging and laughing.

Saw alot of blokes walking up the stairs with tears in their eyes.

Man it was great, then the phone went nuts

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

relief to just get through

personally thought the doggies were the better team on the night but couldn't get the job done when it mattered

like i said on that performance, i'm happy just 2 get through

kaos theory
Club Player

It was torture for most of the game.

Stomach was in knots, was tense and worried....untill the last two goals by roo, and then we all went crazy.

Completely drained today, but very relaxed.....

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

I was at home listening to it. When Roo kicked that last goal it sank in We were going to the grand final. I was shouting and jumping in the room and shed a tear or two.
When the final siren went I think half of the south east heard me.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Watched it from home last night....by the end of the night had about 3 strands of hair left on my head and no fingernails....after the siren sounded felt the biggest relief...knocked down a few beers then hit town...the rest is history.....

Macau Saint
Club Player

Watched at home, then hit the pub with anoter saints fan who will be making the 9 hour flight with me next week. My mouth was like the Gobi desert for most of the game. Got home and rang my mum at 4am Melbourne time, and we talked about EVERY saints player on the ground. My first text i received after the siren was from a mate who's a dog supporter. He had just had his heart ripped out, yet sent me a message that said how he hoped we win next week and that we deserved our opportunity. Classy.

SaintDebi
Club Player

How do I feel?
Elated that we won, devastated that I wasn't there, aprehensive, nervous and excited for next week. But mostly just PROUD.
PROUD of the boys and the club.
PROUD to be a Sainter!

saintly_safes
Club Player

Ive got a headache from celebrating the win & im a nervous wreck already , but we are one step closer to "Holy Grail" . I just hope I can make it through another week.

yipper
SS Life Member

Tense and stressful experience that was!!!

But the sheer elation when Roo put us back in front - felt we would win it then. Then he did it again with just 75 seconds left - he is a champion.

Tears flowed I must admit, hugged my son's girlfriend so tight I hope I didn't hurt her!!! What a moment - what passion, emotion and elation. I really feel for the Doggies, for they were brave and defiant all night.

But in the end it was our stars who lifted, Roo, Lenny, Dal and Chips and they carried us home. I am proud to be a saint, I love this club and I think we can now go on with it and win the Premiership.

Just an amazing experience.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

OLB wrote:
fonz_#15 wrote:how do i feel now?

average.

Ouch. I know how that feels. Wouldn't want to be you right about now, mate. :lol: :wink:

I was so emotionally drained last night. The ramifications of a loss were circulating through my mind the whole game and it was pure torture. At the start of the fourth I was getting visions of 2005 FFS.

I heard someone say "2 mins left" shortly before Roo kicked that one off the ground so I knew we were relatively safe from then on. When the siren went - relief.

I got home at 12 but didn't get to bed until 5. I was tired but I didn't want to go to sleep. I wanted that feeling to last forever.

A night I will never forget.

Enjoy today Saintsational. If my calculations are correct, the GF nerves will begin shortly after the other prelim. :D
still at work, almost asleep. got half an hour to survive then its bed time

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i was pretty farking tired