Support for Roo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Finna
Club Player

Support for Roo

Roo copped a lot physically tonight from the Dogs. I was disappointed as I didnt notice too many of our boys getting in there and showing a lot support for him. Hitting some of the dogs boys back.

Its likely that it will happen again next week and when it does id like to see Kosi (or anyone for that matter) really give it to any players who get into Roo like the dogs did tonight.

I did watch it on TV so maybe I couldn't really see everything but it certainly didn't look like he had too many supporting him from my view.

Jeez he's amazing though isn't he no matter what they gave to him he just rose to another level each time.

GO SAINTS! WOOOHOOOO

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Next week players won't be so concerned about being suspended. So the treatment of Riewoldt will be worse but our players are more likely to retaliate.

That said, I was a little disappointed to see Riewoldt take a couple of Lloyd-like swan dives last night, including for the free straight after half time. He doesn't usually do that, but that's professional sport I guess.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Roo was hit hard during the games last night. Wouldnt expect anything else. Afterall it was for a GF berth and it isnt netball.

Lennon
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
That said, I was a little disappointed to see Riewoldt take a couple of Lloyd-like swan dives last night, including for the free straight after half time. He doesn't usually do that, but that's professional sport I guess.
Why not make them pay, if they want to get stuck into you?

On the free after half time - looked to me like he hurt his knee when he was knocked off balance.

Pretty lame to find fault with the guy after that game - even worse that you support the Saints.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

meher baba wrote: That said, I was a little disappointed to see Riewoldt take a couple of Lloyd-like swan dives last night, including for the free straight after half time. He doesn't usually do that, but that's professional sport I guess.
Bull. He was running past and knocked off balance unexpectedly. Lake did it a couple of times. I actually thought the free in the second quarter was paid and then reversed because of Eddy's bump on Harbrow(?).

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Richter
SS Life Member

kosifantutti23 wrote:
meher baba wrote: That said, I was a little disappointed to see Riewoldt take a couple of Lloyd-like swan dives last night, including for the free straight after half time. He doesn't usually do that, but that's professional sport I guess.
Bull. He was running past and knocked off balance unexpectedly. Lake did it a couple of times.
Complete rubbish mb. Happened right in front of the cheer squad and I was right behind them, so happened maybe 20m from me - Lake hit him hard on the left arm and left side of his body whilst he was running across the top of the square.

To be honest I didn't think it deserved a free but that's the umps call. Roo did NOT milk it.

He takes crap every game. At every contest he is interfered with. EVERY SINGLE one. And yet he has eyes only for one thing. THE BALL. So of course if he's hit he may fall. BECAUSE HE IS LOOKING AT THE BALL and will take any hit that comes his way. That's why he gets so many of those contested marks.

The man was absolutely legendary last night. At times looked like he was on one leg, yet he kicked 4 of our nine goals. I doubt that we will see a better two first finals games from a CHF in the next 20 years and you have the gaul to come on here and call him a diver?!?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
Bull. He was running past and knocked off balance unexpectedly. Lake did it a couple of times.
Complete rubbish mb. Happened right in front of the cheer squad and I was right behind them, so happened maybe 20m from me - Lake hit him hard on the left arm and left side of his body whilst he was running across the top of the square.

To be honest I didn't think it deserved a free but that's the umps call. Roo did NOT milk it.

He takes crap every game. At every contest he is interfered with. EVERY SINGLE one. And yet he has eyes only for one thing. THE BALL. So of course if he's hit he may fall. BECAUSE HE IS LOOKING AT THE BALL and will take any hit that comes his way. That's why he gets so many of those contested marks.

The man was absolutely legendary last night. At times looked like he was on one leg, yet he kicked 4 of our nine goals. I doubt that we will see a better two first finals games from a CHF in the next 20 years and you have the gaul to come on here and call him a diver?!?
Lake knew he was having issues with his injuries, you try to keep your balance with a stuffed knee :roll: