Dawson- JUSTIFIED

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

send out the runner
Club Player

Dawson- JUSTIFIED

One thing I have liked about him is his ability to switch play with a 40-50 meter pass to the fat side. Has done it all season, marked well but did those 1% that wins matches. Well done to all the boy's

Oh there is one guy who I thought deserves a mention Clarkie, 80% of the time he's excellent, and has proven again finals footy is a specialty of his... well done

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Clarke will do the stupidest thing, then 5 minutes later do a miraculous game saving play.

Unpredictable player.

Love him.

busso mick
Club Player

Zac stood tall tonight, he was beaten earlytbut came back and totally justified his place in the team.

woooosaints
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:Clarke will do the stupidest thing, then 5 minutes later do a miraculous game saving play.

Unpredictable player.

Love him.
yeah last quarter from raph was so unpredictable i didnt know what was going on

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yep, Zac can go down in the rooms knowing he gave everything!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

zac & raph - neither perfect players, but both stood up when needed!

full faith in both next week!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Both sensational and unpredicable...Zac played one of the best games of his career, then nearly stuffed all his good work with that party trick flick late in the 4th!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

woooosaints wrote:yeah last quarter from raph was so unpredictable i didnt know what was going on
Very like Darryl White like two or threenot so good things (not that damaging) and some brilliant, freaky stuff. 6 contested marks in the back 50 is a bloody good effort.
Last edited by ausfatcat on Sat 19 Sep 2009 12:21am, edited 1 time in total.

golden hawk
Club Player

i am going to try and get to training next yr in my hawk gear and congratulate zac on his efforts for this yr

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
degruch
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:i am going to try and get to training next yr in my hawk gear and congratulate zac on his efforts for this yr
You're a cheeky individual. Hopefully he doesn't mistake you for Buddy...wear a mouthguard just incase! :shock:

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Agree.. He was fantastic tonight, used his body well and showed what good pace he has.

I loved his tackle on Johnson :lol:

Schillaci
Club Player

Yeah Zac did a number of great things. His tackling was outstanding.
Gotta feel for Max and Goose who were shown in the crowd. They will miss out next week you'd think.

Raph was good too. Heart in mouth stuff with him at times as you don't know what he'll do...but I do love the boy.

claystreet
Club Player

I have been big on Zac all season, tonight he shone next week he will star.

Finna
Club Player

Awesome! :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The last moment of the game, was just replayed in slow mow....Dawson was high in the air making a contest to the very end. He gave everything, and everything was just fine

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I didn't see the first half but Zac was brilliant especially in the 3rd quarter.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

As you know I'm a Zac fan. After he was suspended, he went right into his shell. He has started to back himself, go for marks and switch with long kicks. He thinks a lot quicker than a few around him which can result in errors. He is still just starting his career and when he gets a bit bigger around the chest and shoulders he will be a champ.

golden hawk
Club Player

degruch wrote:
golden hawk wrote:i am going to try and get to training next yr in my hawk gear and congratulate zac on his efforts for this yr
You're a cheeky individual. Hopefully he doesn't mistake you for Buddy...wear a mouthguard just incase! :shock:
:lol: :lol: he knows me very well i am sure i will be fine and i am sure he did not mean to bump buddy's tooth out :lol:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

golden hawk wrote:
degruch wrote:
:lol: :lol: he knows me very well i am sure i will be fine and i am sure he did not mean to bump buddy's tooth out :lol:
Maybe he thought it was an aesthetic improvement, between mates?

derby Street
Club Player

Pretty solid all night except for that brain fade in the last qrt - what in the hell was he thinking. Well worth his place. Raph does some really good things and does some really dumb things. Never quite sure what you will get.
A lot worse than those 2 - look forward to next week.

golden hawk
Club Player

degruch wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
degruch wrote:
Maybe he thought it was an aesthetic improvement, between mates?
:lol: :lol: who knows but going by interviews after the event they are good friends and zac felt terrible he had done that to a friend

degruch
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:Pretty solid all night except for that brain fade in the last qrt - what in the hell was he thinking.
I nearly scared the cat to death after that flick, I exploded! Flick towards the Doggies goal line...on Johnson...with a team-mate in support??? I'm glad I can 'chuckle' about it now. :?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Zac was very good. I must admit I have my heart in my mouth when he does some silly things (attempted tap on the ground in the first and the party trick in the last) but his tackling and spoiling was top notch.

And if I read anything negative about Raph Clarke on here, I will go sicker than I went against a nearby Doggies supporter tonight.

I have no voice. No voice at all.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Motown

derby Street wrote:Pretty solid all night except for that brain fade in the last qrt - what in the hell was he thinking.
He does that a lot. It's just that not everyone's on the same page as him yet, which should come in time. If he'd taken possession and missed the flick back (likely in the circumstance) it'd just be a skill error not worth too much mention beyond normal. Given his ruck background, he must've have felt the tap was a better option for him.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

His 3rd quarter intensity was only bettered by Hayes. Really looked like he wanted it so much. Was amazing.