Hawks want Goose.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HarveysDeciple

Hawks have been linked to every player in the league in the last 2 weeks.

SaintWal
Club Player

Goose is Loyal as

Fortius Quo Fidelius

Winmarvellous
Club Player

TBH I reckon we'd be lucky to get a second-round pick for Goose. Isn't the same player that broke his leg and from all reports isn't exactly killing them in the VFL. Solid yes, but...

With Ross not playing him at all this season, his worth has diminished even more IMO. I can't see him being happy in the VFL, and will probably ask for a trade before trade week, though he'd like to stick around and atcually be part of the team that takes the field each week. Another aspect of being a successful club is a lot of your fringe players leave to seek opportunities elsewhere. I reckon Goose may be one unfortunately. Could've been one of the better CHB's going around if not for his injuries.

golden hawk
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:Hawks have been linked to every player in the league in the last 2 weeks.
have they what i am sick of it i hate this time of the year ! i love my players and really hate losing any most times !

your friendly neighbourhood hawk
golden hawk
Club Player

Re: Hawks want Goose.

saintly_safes wrote:
golden hawk wrote:
Faulky wrote:Just watched the interactive feedback between the Hawthorn supporters and Leigh Matthews on the AFL site, there is a lot of people wanting (hoping) to see Goose at Hawthorn next year to solidify their backline. I hope he does not go anywhere!
if it happens a funny thing will happen , anyone remember the boxhill game where we played your feeder team ?

and the big hawk guy giving it to goose [ magire i think you are talking about correct me if wrong] this guy usually does stats and such at the opposition and goose turned around and asked him how long since he could see his feet :lol: :lol: funny as , if he came to hawks this guy would have to stop yelling at him and start supporting him i reckon that would be funny to see lol
I read alot of your posts Golden Hawk & you seem to be a genuine decent supporter .If Goose was lured to the Hawks would you think of him as the" Golden Goose" :wink:
i reckon i could call him that lol anyway as someone else said seems anyone looking for a trade seems that they either want to go to hawks or hawks may or may not be looking i reckon god knows more then the media what is really going on !

golden hawk
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
St Chris wrote:The Ryan O'Keefe saga, as well as the news that the Hawks spoke to Shaun Burgoyne 3 months ago, is rubbing the clubs the wrong way.
The only player Hawthorn has landed in trade week since Clarkson got there is Bo Nixon. Whatever tactics they're employing, they're not working. They couldn't get O'Keefe - I've read they were only offering a 2nd round pick - and they won't get Burgoyne. They tried to get Thornton from Carlton before and couldn't get it done. I believe they've been filling Josh Gibson's head with dollar signs as well. The pattern that seems to be emerging is the Hawks offer a player lots of money, then offer their club next to nothing and no trade gets done.
Bo Nixon plays for port melbourne and i thought he was done way before clarko turned up and was gone before he turned up but i could be wrong too

mustangjack
Club Player

I hate that club pack of leaches , still living in the 80s snipeing players off sucker clubs including us R Greene for king and scott ,stkilda legends as we know . j smith mmmmmmm yes they are smart scum,with no club Morals

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mustangjack wrote:I hate that club pack of leaches , still living in the 80s snipeing players off sucker clubs including us R Greene for king and scott ,stkilda legends as we know . j smith mmmmmmm yes they are smart scum,with no club Morals
Didnt we get hamill and G and Powell and Voss. Every club get players from other clubs. Why is their record any worse than anyone else.

golden hawk
Club Player

mustangjack wrote:I hate that club pack of leaches , still living in the 80s snipeing players off sucker clubs including us R Greene for king and scott ,stkilda legends as we know . j smith mmmmmmm yes they are smart scum,with no club Morals
all clubs trade players ! not just hawks dear !

i reckon if joel had not gone to hawks he would have been finished ! he got a second chance that he may not have at the time going by some things i have read !

Milton66
SS Life Member

The reason Greene went to the HAwks, like many of our stars... we couldn't afford to keep him. :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
vacuous space
SS Life Member

golden hawk wrote:Bo Nixon plays for port melbourne and i thought he was done way before clarko turned up and was gone before he turned up but i could be wrong too
Wouldn't it be better to check before correcting me? According to wiki, he arrived there in after the 2004 season as part of the deal that got Hawthorn pick 7 (Jordan Lewis). I would assume Clarkson had been hired by trade week.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Beej
Saintsational Legend

They want Goose, but they'll end up with Dick.

golden hawk
Club Player

vacuous space wrote:
golden hawk wrote:Bo Nixon plays for port melbourne and i thought he was done way before clarko turned up and was gone before he turned up but i could be wrong too
Wouldn't it be better to check before correcting me? According to wiki, he arrived there in after the 2004 season as part of the deal that got Hawthorn pick 7 (Jordan Lewis). I would assume Clarkson had been hired by trade week.
i know he was at hawks ! but as i said i could be wrong about him not being there when clarko turned up