match up for zac

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmarvellous
Club Player

I really can't see Max being recallled for the GF if he doesn't play this week. Too long out. Seconds aren't playing finals. Injury prone. Won't happen.

reincarnated

Reincarnated asks the question

Will Dawson become the next Shanahan?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated asks the question

Or would Max have been the next?

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:

Of course not. Max in his state now is worth much more than an unconfident, mistimed out of place footballer in Zac

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Of course not. Max in his state now is worth much more than an unconfident, mistimed out of place footballer in Zac
Not as far as our coach who has won 21 out of 23 thinks and even though i like the piss taking in your posts I will go with him over you. As mark Wiliams would say, you are wrong.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well i'm feeling a bit torn - 'strength through loyalty' goes two ways.
carlton have a win at all costs mentality - it's given them 16 flags.
i don't follow the saints to win flags, but for the spirit of the club.
the club have never been failures in my eyes.
bit torn...

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Zac does play, they might look to stretch the Doggies defence by pushing him forward at times. If not, it's hard to see ideal match ups for him down back all night.
I think this has a bit of merit.

If he has no real match up against a small forward line and we are winning enough ball then I reckon he'll skip forward off the bench quite regularly.

I mean it ain't as if he'll be doing much else.

To be honest, Zac's potential versatility is why Max will be in the team suit.

Finals history is dotted with curve balls. Maybe this will be ours.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:If Zac does play, they might look to stretch the Doggies defence by pushing him forward at times. If not, it's hard to see ideal match ups for him down back all night.
I think this has a bit of merit.

If he has no real match up against a small forward line and we are winning enough ball then I reckon he'll skip forward off the bench quite regularly.

I mean it ain't as if he'll be doing much else.

To be honest, Zac's potential versatility is why Max will be in the team suit.

Finals history is dotted with curve balls. Maybe this will be ours.
I hope he has a ripper, he certainly has motive...as far as I am concerned, he has quickly become the most un-celebrated star rookie in the AFL's history as a result of this selection hype. What a debut, fantastic effort by the kid.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I dont see how max has any match up for the Dogs. people saying Johnston surely have realised he has played further up the ground the last few weeks so he isnt an option.
I guess what he did in previous weeks meant sweet FA on Friday night, as he started deep in the goalsquare plenty of times.
I doubt anyone was suggesting Max follow any of these guys deep up the ground, anyway. He would have been ideal for when they were playing inside 50, as both Johnson and Hahn did at times, kicking over half of the Bulldogs goals.
When whoever Max would have been on did run well up the ground, he could just get one of our other guys to go with him (where reasonable) and he then takes that guy's man, as happens every week. Or, if that doesn't work out and his man goes all the way into our forward line, Max would just stay in the centre square area on his own, as our guys down back have been doing for most, if not all of the season (when their guy goes into our forward line).
The way you talk you'd think Max has been bed-ridden for 6 months. He would have been doing a heap of running, as well as the games he's played.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I dont see how max has any match up for the Dogs. people saying Johnston surely have realised he has played further up the ground the last few weeks so he isnt an option.
I guess what he did in previous weeks meant sweet FA on Friday night, as he started deep in the goalsquare plenty of times.
I doubt anyone was suggesting Max follow any of these guys deep up the ground, anyway. He would have been ideal for when they were playing inside 50, as both Johnson and Hahn did at times, kicking over half of the Bulldogs goals.
When whoever Max would have been on did run well up the ground, he could just get one of our other guys to go with him (where reasonable) and he then takes that guy's man, as happens every week. Or, if that doesn't work out and his man goes all the way into our forward line, Max would just stay in the centre square area on his own, as our guys down back have been doing for most, if not all of the season (when their guy goes into our forward line).
The way you talk you'd think Max has been bed-ridden for 6 months. He would have been doing a heap of running, as well as the games he's played.
We won so i dont see the point of your post. If my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle. The reason Max will not play is because they dont want Max, Zac and Blake in the same backline so for Max to play one of the others has to be dropped.