AA Captain - Our Nick - but don't ask the HUN!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

The Age is a St Kilda sponsor.
The Hun is not.

The Age and the Hun are commercial rivals so it would be a bit too much for the Hun to show St Kilda FC the respect it deserves.

The Hun must be an MCG or AFL sponsor seeing the its' advertising was plastered all over the MCG for a St Kilda home game last weekend.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
sainter123
Club Player

he is a very well deserving captian and in many games this year he pulled us over the line or fired the boys up and got em to a win and thats what a captian is meant for and he was the best at tthat in 2009. GO sainters and go nick.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Both the AFL site and The Australian websites feature the All Australian Captain. It is only the Herald Sun that does not. Just an "honest" mistake or an editiorial decision? Or no mistake at all as implied by our resident apologist?

unbelievable toaddy that guy....but what would you expect.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
mohannair
Club Player

Re: AA Captain - Our Nick - but don't ask the HUN!

perfectionist wrote:Nick Riewoldt was named All Australian Captain last night, only the second St Kilda Footballer to achieve the honour after Darrel Baldock in 1966.
Last time when a Saint was an All Australian captain we won the flag, so this year will be the second to do so again.
Go the Saints

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:
PS if you want to have a go at the Herald sun. Look at their write up on this weeks game and players who could be dropped. They said Rob Eddy went back to Sandy seconds last week and kicked 6 goals. Now that is funny.
ROFLMAO..thats Gold

WHoever does their VFL reports needs a clue. The other week they noted that (North Ballarat?) had done well to keep Nick Saunter goalless....umm he wasnt actually playing lol
I believe it was in an article under the byline of Mark Stevens - the journalist that was the subject of some debate on here earlier this year.
As I recall, it wasn't really a debate - it was more you having a crack at the bloke, wasn't it? I can't recall the specifics but I remember something he did seemed to make you rather unhappy.

Anyway, sounds like you might have a case with the above reference. Can you link to confirm it?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if anyone has read the herald Sun this morning but there are plenty of positive articles on the Saints. Many more than other clubs. Seems strange they would do that as they obviously have something against our club.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
saint66au wrote:
PS if you want to have a go at the Herald sun. Look at their write up on this weeks game and players who could be dropped. They said Rob Eddy went back to Sandy seconds last week and kicked 6 goals. Now that is funny.
ROFLMAO..thats Gold

WHoever does their VFL reports needs a clue. The other week they noted that (North Ballarat?) had done well to keep Nick Saunter goalless....umm he wasnt actually playing lol
I believe it was in an article under the byline of Mark Stevens - the journalist that was the subject of some debate on here earlier this year.
As I recall, it wasn't really a debate - it was more you having a crack at the bloke, wasn't it? I can't recall the specifics but I remember something he did seemed to make you rather unhappy.

Anyway, sounds like you might have a case with the above reference. Can you link to confirm it?
Monday's Herald Sun when this nonsense about Eddy first appeared under his byline. (I don't know how to post the link)

And yes I had a crack at what I considered his 'poor journalism' in 'lifting' a story straight off here whereas you considered it to be 'good' journalism.
As I recall we discussed/argued/Debated it over a number of posts which to my way of thinking would constitute 'some debate'.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Not sure if anyone has read the herald Sun this morning but there are plenty of positive articles on the Saints. Many more than other clubs. Seems strange they would do that as they obviously have something against our club.
DId you have a word with them to redress the balance?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Not sure if anyone has read the herald Sun this morning but there are plenty of positive articles on the Saints. Many more than other clubs. Seems strange they would do that as they obviously have something against our club.
I wrote 2 of the articles. I am a ghost writer for their reporters. Havent you seen how good my English is on this site.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
I wrote 2 of the articles. I am a ghost writer for their reporters. Havent you seen how good my English is on this site.
Ah, everything is now clear to me!
What's your professional byline name - Heywood Jablomie?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: PS if you want to have a go at the Herald sun. Look at their write up on this weeks game and players who could be dropped. They said Rob Eddy went back to Sandy seconds last week and kicked 6 goals. Now that is funny.
Yes, I read that piece. The article was written by Mark Robinson who should know better and could have researched to find out that Sandi have a player named Eddy who is not related to our Robert Eddy.

Just Lazy IMO

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote: PS if you want to have a go at the Herald sun. Look at their write up on this weeks game and players who could be dropped. They said Rob Eddy went back to Sandy seconds last week and kicked 6 goals. Now that is funny.
Yes, I read that piece. The article was written by Mark Robinson who should know better and could have researched to find out that Sandi have a player named Eddy who is not related to our Robert Eddy.

Just Lazy IMO
It's actually worse than that Fid. They originally published that error in an article on Monday and then repeated it on Tuesday under a different byline.
Very poor by the Hun and all those involved.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Wed 16 Sep 2009 9:28am, edited 1 time in total.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:...They originally published that error in an articlre on Monday and then repeated it on Tuesday under a different byline.
Very poor by the Hun and all those involved...
Quelle Surprise!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Mike "I apparently hate St Kilda" Sheahan has written an article in todays edition of the apparently anti-Saints rag the Herald-Sun....giving the AA selectors a bake for not selecting a Saints defender in the side..and the injustice of BJ merely having a spot on the bench

Anyone got runny yolk smeared all over their face this morning maybe?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Mike "I apparently hate St Kilda" Sheahan has written an article in todays edition of the apparently anti-Saints rag the Herald-Sun....giving the AA selectors a bake for not selecting a Saints defender in the side..and the injustice of BJ merely having a spot on the bench

How lucky it is that the Herald Sun has two football writers with exactly the same name and who can apparently write contradictory articles and yet win plaudits from certain people.

Here is "the other" Mike Sheahan's AA side that he selected BEFORE the official announcement:

B: Johncock, Scarlett, Lake
HB: Enright, Bolton, Goodwin
C: Swan, Hayes, Montagna
HF: M. Murphy, Riewoldt, Goodes
F: Le Cras, Brown, Chapman…
Foll: Clark, Judd, Ablett.
Inter: Black, Boyd, Fevola, Dal Santo
Captain: J. Brown

You might note, that not only aren't Sam Gilbert or Brendon Goddard on the backline, neither even makes the team!

In the "egg on face" stakes, looks like an own omelette to me.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
saint66au wrote:Mike "I apparently hate St Kilda" Sheahan has written an article in todays edition of the apparently anti-Saints rag the Herald-Sun....giving the AA selectors a bake for not selecting a Saints defender in the side..and the injustice of BJ merely having a spot on the bench

How lucky it is that the Herald Sun has two football writers with exactly the same name and who can apparently write contradictory articles and yet win plaudits from certain people.

Here is "the other" Mike Sheahan's AA side that he selected BEFORE the official announcement:

B: Johncock, Scarlett, Lake
HB: Enright, Bolton, Goodwin
C: Swan, Hayes, Montagna
HF: M. Murphy, Riewoldt, Goodes
F: Le Cras, Brown, Chapman…
Foll: Clark, Judd, Ablett.
Inter: Black, Boyd, Fevola, Dal Santo
Captain: J. Brown

You might note, that not only aren't Sam Gilbert or Brendon Goddard on the backline, neither even makes the team!

In the "egg on face" stakes, looks like an own omelette to me.
Exactly, Mike has got to be the most wishy washy journo out there....