Respect for our opposition

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Respect the dogs?

Not in a million years.

Why does everyone think the Doggies deserve respect? They are on the verge of extinction, but then the Howard government coughed up mega millions to redevelop the Western Oval.

They are staying at home paid for by my tax dollars.

We're moving to Franganistan also paid for by my taxes.

Respect for the opposition is respect for mediocrity.

Go Sainters!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'll agree to disagree with you Bernard boy! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I'll agree to disagree with you Bernard boy! :lol:
Don't call me boy, old man, I'm probably older than you.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

bernard boy! Why so grouchy! take it from me...NO ONE is older than me :wink: :lol:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:bernard boy! Why so grouchy! take it from me...NO ONE is older than me :wink: :lol:
I'm not grouchy, o' great one.

Obviously you are the greatest Saints supporter of all time, even though you had'nt even heard of them when I was at the '66 grand final.

I'm not interested in your European soccer philosophies. This is Australian football and we treat the opposition with disdain.

Go Sainters!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:bernard boy! Why so grouchy! take it from me...NO ONE is older than me :wink: :lol:

Obviously you are the greatest Saints supporter of all time, even though you had'nt even heard of them when I was at the '66 grand final.

I'm not interested in your European soccer philosophies. This is Australian football and we treat the opposition with disdain.

Go Sainters!
No we don't Bernard. You do. Don't group the rest of us in with you. One of the more ridiculous rants I've read on here. Does this make you feel more passionate than the rest of us? Hope you go to bed feeling good about yourself :roll:

Even your analogy is ridiculous - European soccer fans do treat each other with disdain, which is why they end up fighting like juvenile fools. In Australia we sit side by side with opposition supporters, feeling safe to barrack for our clubs - and occasionally, if it's done right there will be good natured banter, stirring b/w the tribes. Only the fools (who don't have respect) resort to fisticuffs.

If you are as old as you claim to be, I would have hoped you could understand that, otherwise what hope do the younger generation have?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Go Sainters!
No we don't Bernard. You do. Don't group the rest of us in with you. One of the more ridiculous rants I've read on here. Does this make you feel more passionate than the rest of us? Hope you go to bed feeling good about yourself :roll:

Even your analogy is ridiculous - European soccer fans do treat each other with disdain, which is why they end up fighting like juvenile fools. In Australia we sit side by side with opposition supporters, feeling safe to barrack for our clubs - and occasionally, if it's done right there will be good natured banter, stirring b/w the tribes. Only the fools (who don't have respect) resort to fisticuffs.

If you are as old as you claim to be, I would have hoped you could understand that, otherwise what hope do the younger generation have?
I love the banter between the supporters and always stand with rival supporters at all games (even finals).

Don't like to sit at the footy, it is a very anti social way to watch games.

Only fools who don't have respect for humanity resort to fisticuffs.

I will say it again, I have no respect for Footscray. They are a bunch of whingers, that even changed their name in an effort to gain support.

Who wants to be everybody's second team?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I will never forgive Footscray if they beat us on Friday, and then lose the following week in a GF against one of two clubs I despise the most.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

So I can take it as read that we can't "agree to disagree" then Bernard Old boy :wink: :lol:

plumtire
Club Player

Shakey bernard respect for the opposition doesnt mean you agree with everything about them or that you admire them. The move to frankston had nothing to do with the bulldogs but everything to do with a adminstration beyond incompitence that could not work out a deal with the council.
As for respecting mediocrity...surely you can see how ironic that statement is! does 26 wooden spoons ring any bells?
the OP is reasonable and you should maybe read it over again?
your age shows by the avatar of nel young :wink:

sainterjo
Club Player

Leave him alone, he's all tired out from wrestling his second and third persons.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.