All Australian

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Congratulations to our All Australian Boys. Congrats Roo, well deserved. Bad luck Sammy, you totally deserved a spot. Can't believe our backline wasn't worthy when we surposedly had the best back line in what, 42 years :roll:

Nathan Brown retired, I never knew that.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

concur we have a terrible defence, opposition forwards must be all 7 toed blind gits when they play us...well in the case of rocca that maybe true, oh and fevola, lloyd a bit...forget it :D

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Oh well, shelf it for now, they have bigger fish to fry 8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:well hope this fires the boys up - a 20-2 season and still no respect.
I am pretty sure it will have zero effect.
You have previously stated that you think newspaper columns are capable of doing so, have you not?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

the AA team has only one ruckman?
why don't they just call it - our favourite 22 players!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Add my voice to the surprise that no Saints backman was considered worth a spot. I suppose you have to look at their achievement as a unit, rather than as individuals. Hard to argue that any of Bakes, Zac and Blake were worthy of a spot. Sam Fish - didn't have the year he did last year. Fair enough. Gilbo - unlucky.
But Goodwin FFS - on a half back flank.

ace
Saintsational Legend

The All Australian selection panel

Andrew Demetriou (chairman), only there to make sure that the selections are politically correct.

Adrian Anderson, only there so that he can pretend he knows something about football when he really knows nothing about nothing.

Kevin Bartlett, does not know what a football team is. He never played for a football team. He only ever played for himself.

Gerard Healy, only there because NSW must be represented for political correctness. He played for Sydney.

James Hird, only there because he knows his place and will behave in a politically correct manner.

Glen Jakovich, only there because WA must be represented for political correctness. He played for West Coast.

Mark Ricciuto, only there because SA must be represented for political correctness. He played for Adelaide.

Robert Walls, only there because QLD must be represented for political correctness. He coached Brisbane.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Beej
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Add my voice to the surprise that no Saints backman was considered worth a spot. I suppose you have to look at their achievement as a unit, rather than as individuals. Hard to argue that any of Bakes, Zac and Blake were worthy of a spot. Sam Fish - didn't have the year he did last year. Fair enough. Gilbo - unlucky.
But Goodwin FFS - on a half back flank.
When you think about it, it's pretty rare for a player to come from the clouds and become an AA footballer.

As good as Gilbert's been, this is his first good season.

The All-Australian team has become an award that rewards consistency over a few years.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

davis and goodwin!?

do me a favour :roll:

congrats to our boys that did make it
sterling effort

now, forget about that crap and kick some f****** ass on friday nite and roll into next week ready to kick some more :!: :!:

go saints 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:The All Australian selection panel

Andrew Demetriou (chairman), only there to make sure that the selections are politically correct.

Adrian Anderson, only there so that he can pretend he knows something about football when he really knows nothing about nothing.

Kevin Bartlett, does not know what a football team is. He never played for a football team. He only ever played for himself.

Gerard Healy, only there because NSW must be represented for political correctness. He played for Sydney.

James Hird, only there because he knows his place and will behave in a politically correct manner.

Glen Jakovich, only there because WA must be represented for political correctness. He played for West Coast.

Mark Ricciuto, only there because SA must be represented for political correctness. He played for Adelaide.

Robert Walls, only there because QLD must be represented for political correctness. He coached Brisbane.
Yep you have nailed in none. Well done to all the guys. very good team. Only Saint unlucky was Sam but it doesnt matter as we have hopefully our second biggest game for the year Friday night and that is all the players will be caring about.

falka
Club Player

Every year we have the situatin of reputation v new player coming through.

For example, Goodwin v Gilbert. Sandilands v Mitch Clark

They always err on the experience side.

In fairness we do play a team defence, so it's hard to single out individuals.

Gilbert was outstanding and deserved a spot ahead of Goodwin, but only Goodwin. The rest of the backline is very good I believe.

WHo is going to care if we win the flag anyway. I wont

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is it just me, or did Mike change his AA team OTC from the one he posted in the Herald Sun last week? He had both Goddard and Gilbert in last night, but I thought neither made his original version.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

So who was AA coach?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

just heard KB trying to defend the non selection of LeCras. He was waffling on about well he played alot at full forward and you could not pick him there.
The caller said well how many games did Jono Brown play in the forward pocket. KB shut him off.

The politics of Collingwood definitely influening the team, Nick Maxwell and Davis both very lucky.

By yhe by Craig Bolton (who is a good player) did not finish top ten in swans b&f. Gets in on rep and some seriously consistent years. I would have thought his year was a bit like S Fishers. Very good but not as great as 07 08.

I think Andrew Mackie is the unluckiest defender not to get in.

saintm
Club Player

From the fashion footage of the All-Australian just shown on Channel 10 it looks as though Stephen Milne is about to become a dad again very soon. :)