Lets do this at the G friday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Shades
Club Player

Lets do this at the G friday

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

There is a better one taken at Craven Cottage.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

It used to sung with great heart and gusto, back in the days when football was played at The Dell :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kp83
Club Player

I was actually trying to think of a way we could do this after our Collingwood game. The reason being that the Pies have that really annoying "Collll-iiiiiiinngggg-woooooooood" chant that they do and I wanted something we could do that would top them. Still can't figure out how we could get the whole stadium to do it is unison. Perhaps we can all start to sing "OOOOOHHHHH" and then one of the cheer squad pom-pom wavers could lift their pom-pom up and down as a signal to start the rest of the chant?
I don't actually think that this would work, but it would be pretty cool nonetheless.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Come on you Spurs!!

Sends shivers down my spine whenever I hear that. Best chant in football.

Would be almost impossible to get that going in an AFL game.

For one, you need all our supporters sitting next to each other and not scattered around the ground.

Second, AFL crowds just don't sing for any more than 10 seconds at a time. It's not in our nature.

We're destined to hear "St Kilda clap clap clap" for the rest of eternity unfortunately.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Come on you Spurs!!

For one, you need all our supporters sitting next to each other and not scattered around the ground.

Second, AFL crowds just don't sing for any more than 10 seconds at a time. It's not in our nature.

We're destined to hear "St Kilda clap clap clap" for the rest of eternity unfortunately.
I still reckon it is not in nature because there is always something happening in the footy. Soccer is a much slower game in terms of scoring so you have time much in the same way of cricket. I also believe soccer people need to create atmosphere where as our game has the atmosphere from the way it is played. yes I dont like soccer but i am not soccer bashing this time, just giving my reasons why people will never sing at footy games.

Richter
SS Life Member

I'd rather that we are like Man U this weekend thanks very much!

Great chant, but the best? No. Even though I don't go for them it has to be.......

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Would be nice if we had enough space just to sing our song from about the 20 min mark of the last.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Selhurst Saint wrote:There is a better one taken at Craven Cottage.
This one?

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Furtius Quo Rdelious
esaint66
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:I'd rather that we are like Man U this weekend thanks very much!

Great chant, but the best? No. Even though I don't go for them it has to be.......

That's liverpool mate, but geez the KOP are is so much smaller than the rest of Anfield :?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Easy to do when you're 2 nil up, with 5 minutes to go, in a the easiest game in the world to play.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
OLB wrote:Come on you Spurs!!

I still reckon it is not in nature because there is always something happening in the footy. Soccer is a much slower game in terms of scoring so you have time much in the same way of cricket. I also believe soccer people need to create atmosphere where as our game has the atmosphere from the way it is played. yes I dont like soccer but i am not soccer bashing this time, just giving my reasons why people will never sing at footy games.
I agree with that.

But it's not as if soccer fans sing because they're bored or because they need to create atmosphere. It's just their way of supporting their club. The bigger the rivalry, the more intense the game, the more singing that goes on.

Different cultures have their own ways of showing support.

They don't only sing during soccer games in Europe. Basketball, cricket, Davis Cup ties, ice-hockey too. Name a sport that's played over there, I bet you they sing during it.

Americans have bands and cheerleaders, they paint their faces and wave oversized hands around.

Europeans chant.

Richter
SS Life Member

OLB wrote:Different cultures have their own ways of showing support.

They don't only sing during soccer games in Europe. Basketball, cricket, Davis Cup ties, ice-hockey too. Name a sport that's played over there, I bet you they sing during it.
Also to do with the different demographics of the fans who turn up. Aussie Rules has a much broader ATTENDING supporter base, whereas football fans are still mostly young and middle-aged males for whom it is a truly tribal experience with all the machismo and testosterone that goes along with that.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

kosifantutti23 wrote:
This one?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Not quite, I actually meant this one.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
OLB wrote:Different cultures have their own ways of showing support.

Also to do with the different demographics of the fans who turn up. Aussie Rules has a much broader ATTENDING supporter base, whereas football fans are still mostly young and middle-aged males for whom it is a truly tribal experience with all the machismo and testosterone that goes along with that.
Very true.
Selhurst Saint wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
This one?

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Not quite, I actually meant this one.

That is beautiful.

It's a tough chant to get going. The timing of the clapping has to be perfect. You always get a few who start clapping too early and they need to be told, "next one, next one!"

mick13
Club Player

I dont know what they're saying, but THIS sends shivers down my spine.

I think its a countdown that starts at 0:20, how epic does it sound....

And another...