Brisbane airs our game at 8.30pm!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Newman
Club Player

Brisbane airs our game at 8.30pm!!

This stinks! Here it is finals time and we get one hour delayed broadcasts. Is it earlier on Gold Coast? My nerves will get the better of me so I guess I''ll just have to listen to radio broadcast and then watch TV later. Hopefully with all these digital stations happening one day in Qland we'll get better AFL coverage.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Anyone know the time it will be aired in Perth?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Anyone know the time it will be aired in Perth?
Not up yet, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Live in GC on Prime.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Yeah, not happy. All year we get Friday night game live on Pay T.V. Get to the final week and they do this. Wouldnt have been live last Friday night, other than Brisbane playing.

When this T.V. rights deal was negotiated a couple of years ago, I can still remember Dimwit squawking what a great deal it was for the Northern states ( NSW & QLD). What a joke, the Pt Adel v Saints prelim in 2004 was live on a Friday night. So in five years we have managed to go backwards, not forwards.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Get on the phone everyone and complain, its pathetic. Brissie people, come down and join us, we will look after you :lol:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

I'm in Gold Coast this week but Friday I'll be driving to Noosa to stay for next week. Should I keep myself at GC for one more night or will Noosa pubs be showing the game live?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Saintbot, I'm on the Sunshine Coast, and unless something changes, no live telecast up here. You'll have to go the Gold Coast to watch it live.

Marchin' In
Club Player

Yeah, unfortunately it's delayed quite a bit here in Sydney too. I don't have the strength to wait for the game without checking the scores, so I'll be net-watching for most of it :(

UP THE SAINTERS!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

+ 1

battye
Saintsational Legend

Marchin' In wrote:Yeah, unfortunately it's delayed quite a bit here in Sydney too. I don't have the strength to wait for the game without checking the scores, so I'll be net-watching for most of it :(
Surely there will be a stream?
Or have the streams been few and far between during the finals?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SaintHomer
Club Player

yeah, this is crap. this state sucks man.

can't believe my luck. i moved to brisbane this year. not only in the first year that i've had to give up my reserved seat at telstra dome, i've missed our greatest H&A season in my lifetime (probably ever), i've then have been told we can't have foxtel in our unit block and now i get the prelim delayed!!! i feel i've been robbed many times over.

needless to say, we are currently building a house and the first variation i signed off was the wiring of foxtel IQ!!!

friday night, i'll be switching off the phone(s), locking the doors and watching it delayed (all the while trying to resist the temptation of looking on the internet)

doppler effect
Club Player

Its the same deal in Canberra too. 8:30 start. ridiculous

I think there is one more year to go with the current broadcasting deal. Unfortunately channel 7 & 10 have a priority option to extend their joint contract for another 4 years. However, from what i hear channel 10 don't want to continue their joint bid with channel 7 meaning that the highest bidding station(s) gets the gig. (give me channel 9 any day)

I can only hope that from 2011 the AFL requires all matches be shown live in to all states. If they are serious about "expanding the game" they need to have QLD/NSW/ACT getting more live games.

Joffa 5
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Get on the phone everyone and complain, its pathetic. Brissie people, come down and join us, we will look after you :lol:
Bev and the crew do get a bit of atmosphere happening down at Mermaid 8-)

PLUGGER14
Club Player

Flying down Friday morning to avoid the pisspoor finals coverage in BrisVegas.

Still can't fathom why it's live in regional NSW (GC coverage) but not in major metro centres :roll:

I will say though that if you have Foxtel the coverage is soooo much better than what we had previously. Friday night live footy on main event is one of the best things ever come up with (ad free too!)

Badlands
Club Player

doppler effect wrote:Its the same deal in Canberra too. 8:30 start. ridiculous

I think there is one more year to go with the current broadcasting deal. Unfortunately channel 7 & 10 have a priority option to extend their joint contract for another 4 years. However, from what i hear channel 10 don't want to continue their joint bid with channel 7 meaning that the highest bidding station(s) gets the gig. (give me channel 9 any day)

I can only hope that from 2011 the AFL requires all matches be shown live in to all states. If they are serious about "expanding the game" they need to have QLD/NSW/ACT getting more live games.
I am soooooo filthy about this, but seem to recall it being the case in recent years (pretty sure pies v geelong prelim 2 yrs ago was delayed). Don't know about last year because i flew down to melb for the great man's farewell match.

I can't work out why the Saturday night game on 10 is live, yet the friday night game through ch. 7 is delayed by an hour so I can have the pleasure of watching Better Homes & ******* Gardens. Doppler - do you happen to know if Ainslie Footy Club has teed up a deal to get a live feed? Pretty sure that's a longshot but I might give em a call and find out anyway. In this day and age, it's pretty hard to watch a game on delay without somehow finding a score. Have to insist every bugger in my house switches off their mobile phones (no exceptions)... computers go off, remote control is hidden, etc etc.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

its delayed in SA too, 8.30pm

unreal really, can understand Melb being maybe half hr or more delayed, but other states should really have it live imo

doppler effect
Club Player

Badlands wrote:
I am soooooo filthy about this, but seem to recall it being the case in recent years (pretty sure pies v geelong prelim 2 yrs ago was delayed). Don't know about last year because i flew down to melb for the great man's farewell match.

I can't work out why the Saturday night game on 10 is live, yet the friday night game through ch. 7 is delayed by an hour so I can have the pleasure of watching Better Homes & ******* Gardens. Doppler - do you happen to know if Ainslie Footy Club has teed up a deal to get a live feed? Pretty sure that's a longshot but I might give em a call and find out anyway. In this day and age, it's pretty hard to watch a game on delay without somehow finding a score. Have to insist every bugger in my house switches off their mobile phones (no exceptions)... computers go off, remote control is hidden, etc etc.
Hey badlands, I just gave Ainslie a ring and the reception lady assures me that they will have the game live on mainevent because of channel 7's reluctance to show it live.

Probably be a good idea to get there a bit before kick off to be assured of a good table and seat though.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Outraged that the AFL would not factor in compulsory live feeds into interstate locations for finals when drawing up the rights agreement.

Beggars belief. :roll:

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Thinline wrote:Outraged that the AFL would not factor in compulsory live feeds into interstate locations for finals when drawing up the rights agreement.

Beggars belief. :roll:
Agreed. Unless the AFL enforce the compulsory live telecastss then the chanels will treat non AFL states with contempt. AND i will continue to repeat this, but it must never get back into the hand of chanel Maguire. They were 1000% worse here in QLD than the current arrangement.

As for this weeks game I can not understand why the Bulldogs Vs Lions game was telecast live and this weeks wouldnt be???
Yes I know the answer but it is unnaceptable.

Seeya
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

doppler effect wrote:
Hey badlands, I just gave Ainslie a ring and the reception lady assures me that they will have the game live on mainevent because of channel 7's reluctance to show it live.

Pretty sure Fox has to have Ch.7 permission to screen it on main event live during finals time. I would imagine if its live in Canberra on main event it will be live elsewhere on main event (hope anyway)

megs4#31
Club Player

looked on the tv guide for friday for WA. has from 830 onwards "to be advised" more than likely thats our game. what a crock! i dont want to listen to it on the radio and knowing my friends they'll msg me whatever the result so i guess that means hoping to god we win while not watching it!

Go saints, 2009 is our year!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

SATURDAY night's preliminary final between Geelong and Collingwood looks certain to be televised live, although the AFL yesterday refused to give Channel Ten the green light.

The AFL fears an early call on the clash could dilute what is looming as the highest-ever aggregate September attendance in finals history.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews ... 69353.html

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

stream it

Robert Harvey- Simply the best