Logic v History

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

Logic v History

Like many here I was extremely anxious before last week, more nervous than i can remember since GF 1997.

The history of recent times plagues our thoughts and removes the logic from the circumstances.

History - we have lost 3 Prelim finals to the eventual Premiers in recent times (04,05,08)
- In excess of 100+ yeras we have 1 premiership and have let at least 3 I know of slip by 65,71,97.

Logic - we were onlyfavorites going in to these games once.
- We beat the Bulldogs by 5+goals both times this season
- Lions are battered and bruised and will be travelling for a 2nd consecutive week
- we have had a week off to freshen up and address any ongoing niggles.
- We have been the best performed team all season
- The second best team is in the other side of the draw and appears to not be as good as has been due to injuries.

IF the team performs to their potential they will win next week regardless of the opposition and the week after (although much closer).
History means nothing, the time is now, fear of failure is a great motivator but do not let it be an anchor ..

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

All I can suggest is sit back and relax. I think we're in safe hands.

My logic behind this season, especially this pointy end of it is this: Tonight the Lions will belt the living suitcases out of the Bulldogs...and still lose. Adelaide will beat the Pies with ease and be fresh to have a fair dinkum crack at the Cats the following week. We'll only have to take on an injury ravenged Dogs side and a tenderized Geelong the following week. Sounds easy....well, I'm sure it won't be, but there isn't much we can do about it except enjoy the ride! ;) Best chance we've ever had is coming up in the next couple of weeks! Get excited! Go SAINTS!! :D :twisted:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
asiu

We'll only have to take on an injury ravenged Dogs side and a tenderized Geelong the following week
whats there to worry about ?

we'll beat both of em at the same time then

simple dimple

mcadam05
Club Player

Re: Logic v History

older saint wrote:
- In excess of 100+ yeras we have 1 premiership and have let at least 3 I know of slip by 65,71,97.

you forgot 1913 :wink:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: Logic v History

mcadam05 wrote:
older saint wrote:

you forgot 1913 :wink:
Didnt we wil the GF but the rules at the time gave the minor premiers (Fitzroy) thr right to challange, which they one a week later

I love this club
matty
Club Player

correct lol... if its gonna happen it can only happen at the .... :cry:

the way we have to look at it i reckon is that afl has existed for 20?? odd yrs, and the last 20 have been reasonable, i say its time to look forward and hope for a good future and a very good present.

Carn sainters

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Forget History (it is there to be MADE!) forget logic (footy is played on the oval) What is to be...will be! I have confidence that this group of players will do their best on the night...we can ask for no more. I have confidence that the coach and his staff will leave no stone unturned in their preparation. Nerves will come into play at some stage..only natural. But I am ready to face the challenge with the team come Friday!
GOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTS

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)