an email from the club regarding GF registrations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I believe the reason the club limited Social Club Membership to 11,500 is because that is what they we're told would be the minimum number of tickets they would be allocated.
Therefore the club insured that a ticket would be available to all social club members.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ofcourse the ticketing system is not the clubs fault.

What IS the clubs fault is introducing a "foundation" system to build loyal members, then when it got those loyal members and the good times re members came......deciding to dump the foundation club member recognition. It wouldnt be hard to have introduced an approach that rewarded these first - for their loyalty - and fill from there.

I have no doubt if enough social club members were screwed out of a seat cause they chose no standing (many cause the legitimately cant) then the club will simply lose these memberships. The key for social club membership (apart from the money going direct to the club) was what many thought....a guaranteed SEAT at the GF. IF that aint guranteed then wacth AFL membership swell.

I do hope (not just for me) but for all those members who have paid up for a long time that they get a seat - they deserve one.

“Yeah….nah””
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:good work saint1974

so 10% didnt they reckon
hopefully we can get a 100% number out of the 11500 later on today in a few hrs

God I hope not I am a September saint and I want a ticket...

hellorocky wrote:*Foundation Members are still rewarded for their continuity by receiving a guaranteed ticket, should St Kilda be a participating team ....etc

As I said in the previous page if you are a SC YOU WILL BE OFFERED A TICKET regardless of which option you choose but if you choose no standing and you are offered a standing only ticket you have effectively rejected to use that ticket. How this effects the group booking's of SC members remain to be seen maybe if you booked with a group of 8 as no standing and two of the tickets allocated to the group are standing do they get the other 6 seats or do they get none?
i actually meant that we could get a 100% number as in 100% know how many of the 11500 took the tickets, not get 100% of 11500
my bad..worded wrong

benengel14
Club Player

Animal Enclosure wrote:I'll be shattered if I'm one of the one's that didn't choose the standing room option & miss out.

Surely if they are prepared to ring people who have put in the wrong credit card details they could call you & say 'do you want a standing room ticket or nothing?'
There's been about 12 threads, website and email information - which gives you that option - "would you accept standing room if that was all that was available".

To my surprise quite a few people have decided that watching it on TV is preferable to at least the option of holding a highly valued/tradeable commodity. Which at least gives you or someone else you know of going.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

benengel14 wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:I'll be shattered if I'm one of the one's that didn't choose the standing room option & miss out.

Surely if they are prepared to ring people who have put in the wrong credit card details they could call you & say 'do you want a standing room ticket or nothing?'
There's been about 12 threads, website and email information - which gives you that option - "would you accept standing room if that was all that was available".

To my surprise quite a few people have decided that watching it on TV is preferable to at least the option of holding a highly valued/tradeable commodity. Which at least gives you or someone else you know of going.
Great in theory benengel but I book for 8, two of whom I would not expect to stand for 5-6 hours.

So, as per the documentation, we met and made a decision based on "one in all in" or "one out all out".

We unanimously agreed "all out" if necessary, as it would be incredibly unfair on certain members of our group. "Strength through Loyalty" for our group.

If the worst happens, we'll meet somewhere and watch it and drink many beers.

However, most in our group are foundation members and also put money into the club in other ways as well. There is NO recognition or prioritisation for us.

Won't stop me and my group from being unanimously pissed off with the fact that we missed out on seats if that occurs.

Anyway, I'm quietly confident we will all get seats.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Given the articles in the papers today...if we make GF vast percentage of
SC tickets will be in the top back rows..........

of course people are there......players look like ants

but you take it ..

pity so many in the lower seats don't support the participating teams...

saint4life
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Given the articles in the papers today...if we make GF vast percentage of
SC tickets will be in the top back rows..........

of course people are there......players look like ants

but you take it ..

pity so many in the lower seats don't support the participating teams...
I heard that too chook23, a disgrace but then again it's the sort of treatment I expect from the AFL to give to the general / club supporting / no name footy fans like us.

Still I had one of those seats in the '97 GF, I think I was about 3 rows below the Whitman Lightship but it was at least a seat...if the Saints are there this year then that's all I ask for, a SEAT!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

A bloke at work told me this morning that last year the Hawks SC had a big allocation on L2 (Level N) behind the goals at the Punt Rd end. had pretty much 3-4 bays

Hope the Saints get these this year IF we make it

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ThePunter
Club Player

My mother's had two hip replacements, so she can't stand for all that time. We're never going to be accepting standing room seats.

We'll explore other options if we aren't allocated tickets.