Semi Finals BulldogsVBrisbane sides. Winner Plays the SAINTS

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Semi Finals BulldogsVBrisbane sides. Winner Plays the SAINTS

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Jarrod Harbrow, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave
HB: Liam Picken, Dale Morris, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Shaun Higgins, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Robert Murphy
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
Int: Tim Callan, Nathan Eagleton, Daniel Giansiracusa, Callan Ward
Emg: Dylan Addison, Andrejs Everitt, Josh Hill

In: Callan
Out: Hill

BRISBANE
B: Ashley McGrath, Daniel Merrett, James Hawksley
HB: Joel Patfull, Josh Drummond, Jed Adcock
C: Jared Brennan, Simon Black, Daniel Rich
HF: Michael Rischitelli, Jonathan Brown, James Polkinghorne
F: Sam Sheldon, Daniel Bradshaw, Tim Notting
Foll: Mitch Clark, Luke Power, Justin Sherman
Int: Rhan Hooper, Matt Austin, Travis Johnstone, Jack Redden
Emg: Bradd Dalziell, Joel Macdonald, Cheynee Stiller

In: Josh Drummond, Jed Adcock, Tim Notting
Out: Jason Roe (omit), Cheynee Stiller (omit), Scott Harding (foot)

I have a feeling that we might be playing Brisbane...

What are your thoughts :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by St Fidelius on Thu 10 Sep 2009 10:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Please put this in the right forum.

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:Please put this in the right forum.
Do not be so rude, Reincarnated demands an apology to both Reincarnated and the man that get's cranky and challenges Reincarnated to fights

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Please put this in the right forum.
It about the winning side that we play next week and if Brisbane win I am tipping that Max will get a gig...

But thanks for your valued input :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

nah its all good..one of em will be playing us in a prelim final next week so it can stay :-)

Drummond and Adcock are huge ins for Brissy. Might be a bit closer than I thought

Still reckon the Doggies might be a shade too good. Brissy pretty sore after that game last week..plus factor in travel and a 6 day break

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
reincarnated

saint66au wrote:nah its all good..one of em will be playing us in a prelim final next week so it can stay :-)

Drummond and Adcock are huge ins for Brissy. Might be a bit closer than I thought

Still reckon the Doggies might be a shade too good. Brissy pretty sore after that game last week..plus factor in travel and a 6 day break
The Lions in Reincarnated's opinion. The dogs have no good tall forward, one average ruckman and a below average vfl ruckman

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
saint66au wrote:nah its all good..one of em will be playing us in a prelim final next week so it can stay :-)

The Lions in Reincarnated's opinion. The dogs have no good tall forward, one average ruckman and a below average vfl ruckman
Yeah, Mitch Clark is in good form and if Drummond and Adcock hold up I just have a feeling that we will play Brisbane in the Prelim.

I hope Max gets a gig on Bradshaw if Brisbane win

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

Yeah, Mitch Clark is in good form and if Drummond and Adcock hold up I just have a feeling that we will play Brisbane in the Prelim.

So you are happy for Zac to be dropped. Surely he has done as well if not better than max this year and deserves a crack at bradshaw.

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

So you are happy for Zac to be dropped. Surely he has done as well if not better than max this year and deserves a crack at bradshaw.
Even if we did not have Max in reserve Reincarnated would be crapping his/her's/gt's pants with the idea of Zac lining up on either of those players ever again

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

Even if we did not have Max in reserve Reincarnated would be crapping his/her's/gt's pants with the idea of Zac lining up on either of those players ever again
What did he do wrong last time on Bradshaw.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

Did I mention that Zac will be dropped???

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

What did he do wrong last time on Bradshaw.
Bradshaw was moved to fullback to assist against Roo and Kosi as the Lions had concerns.

Zac has looked increasingly lost in games as the year as progressed. He too easily loses his man in and out of traffic, this is not a good thing

If that boy costs us a flag he is dead

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
reincarnated wrote:

Did I mention that Zac will be dropped???
Then it must be Blake because we will not play Blake, Zac and max in the same side again this year.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Then it must be Blake because we will not play Blake, Zac and max in the same side again this year.
RL stated the Max is still a chance this year in playing.

I believe that Brisbane is the side that RL was thinking about (just my opinion)

Brisbane is a far taller side than the Bulldogs and maybe all those three will play at the expense of may be Eddy or Clarke.

So please tell me why you think that we will not play Blake, Zac and max in the same side again this year???

It surely depends on match ups and I feel that Max is more suited to Bradshaw than Zac and that Zac is more suited to Notting

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Then it must be Blake because we will not play Blake, Zac and max in the same side again this year.

I believe that Brisbane is the side that RL was thinking about (just my opinion)

Brisbane is a far taller side than the Bulldogs and maybe all those three will play at the expense of may be Eddy or Clarke.

So please tell me why you think that we will not play Blake, Zac and max in the same side again this year???

It surely depends on match ups and I feel that Max is more suited to Bradshaw than Zac and that Zac is more suited to Notting
If Max is suited to Bradshaw then Zac will not play. He isnt going to play on Notting. They will not have those 3 in the same side again. It stops our run from the backline.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

If Max is suited to Bradshaw then Zac will not play. He isnt going to play on Notting. They will not have those 3 in the same side again. It stops our run from the backline.
Well that's your opinion and good on you, but I feel that if Brisbane wins Max may get his chance.

I really don't see any other match up that RL was referring to.

Maybe we will just have to wait and see who wins and take it from there :wink:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

AGAIN....

After 15 posts there have been just 3 posters thoughts on who will win..

2 Brisbane

1 Bulldogs

What are your thoughts on who will win that Semi Final.......

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Not a bad side the Lions have put in,whether they all play is another thing. If they're 100% fit then they are capable of pulling one out of the hat and winning this if the dogs choke.

However I expect the dogs to win by about 40.....if so hopefully 3-4 key injuries in the process. Namely Cross,Higgins,Akermanis and Lake

Bring back the Lockett era
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I'm thinking dogs.

More of an experience thing than match ups.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
reincarnated

satchmo wrote:I'm thinking dogs.

More of an experience thing than match ups.
How are they experienced? They have played in 1 preliminary final in 11 years and have barely played finals often

Just because all their players are in the media defined 'mature group' doesn't mean they are experienced at all.

markp
Saintsational Legend

I'm still thinkin the dogs.... it looks more likely that the crows will beat the pies too, and hopefully soften up but not beat the cats in the prelim.

rexy
SS Life Member

No doubt that on papaer the Bulldogs should win, and thats where my money will be. Brisbane are not without their chances of course, there good players are very capable of having a huge impact, Brown, Bradshaw, Black, Power, Rich, Johnstone, Sherman, Adcock and Drummond. Handy names.

Hill getting dropped was a surprise to me, thought he pulled out of a couple of contests last week but was to important to drop. A lot of people had him as an important impact player for the doggies finals campaign???

Maybe this year?
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
How are they experienced?
They experienced a loss against Geelong in a final last week, and will be desperate to redeem themselves in the knowledge that their coach's head will explode if they don't.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
maz1685
Club Player

I personally think the Dogs, maybe a little too quick for Brisbane (though I admit I haven't really watched Brisbane this year) and both teams tend to finish well so I think Dogs will get up at the startand Lions probably won't be able to catch them after that.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I'm hoping for a win to either side at a crippling cost, well not too crippling, just crippling enough for the following week's game.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.