an email from the club regarding GF registrations

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sam23
SS Life Member

an email from the club regarding GF registrations

I can't be bothered scrolling through the numerous threads to see if the following questions have been answered yet and I know we aren't there yet but it is nice to know what will happen if/when we make it.

Here is an email i received after emailing the club with a few questions

Glad to hear the registration process went well.

I will answer the questions accordingly:

The AFL does not tell us the exact breakdown of seats versus Standing Room as I am sure they have some flexibilities in some areas. They do advise us that roughly 10% of club allocations are standing room. I can advise you that not all Social Club members register for one reason or another.

All tickets are randomized so it doesn’t matter what you click in terms of priority or the time you registered. What it means is if you choose ‘Best available excluding standing room’ and the radomization happens to land on you and offers you standing room then you will not be offered a GF ticket. All available seats will be offered to Social Club members first through the randomization which would see most members receiving some level of seating.

September Saints will then be offered the remaining tickets which would contain a high proportion of Standing Room if not all depending on Social Club registration numbers.

Once registrations are finished at 11pm tonight Ticketmaster and the AFL will advise us of registration numbers in due course.

I hope this helps.

Ben Hall

General Manager - Fan Development

St Kilda Football Club

32-60 Linton St Moorabbin Victoria 3189

Goddard.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Kool....Thanks for that Sam.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

IF randomisation.....whatever that means...lands on me and offers standing room only or nothing.....given Ive been foundation for years....I (and I imagine many) will be all mighty p!ssed off.

“Yeah….nah””
matrix
Saintsational Legend

quite understandable too Tef
spesh if you were under the presumption of being a Foundation and 100% getting to park your ass
:evil:

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'll be shattered if I'm one of the one's that didn't choose the standing room option & miss out.

Surely if they are prepared to ring people who have put in the wrong credit card details they could call you & say 'do you want a standing room ticket or nothing?'

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i doubt it
otherwise the option wouldnt have been given in the first place
if u ticked excluding standing room and thats whats left...you aint gonna get a ticket
but
so far we know that only 10,100 have reg (sc members)
so at a MAX we can say there is 1400 tickets left over for Sept Saint
if the number jumps to say 10,800 then thats 700 tickets left
i reckon then that the standing rooms would be mainly in those left over for sept sainters
the club said that a deff final figure on:
a. how many sc members reg
b. how many Sept Sainters reg
should be known late today

ill ring around 4ish my time again from work and see if those final numbers have come back to the club from the ticketek/ticketmaster wallies

chook23
Saintsational Legend

plus if a september saint gets a seat..........................and SC who signed before 30th of June don't.......... :evil: :evil: :evil:

surely in the first instance standing room (If allocated in 11,500) should go to the Sept.saints............

just would not be right otherwise.

saint4life
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:plus if a september saint gets a seat..........................and SC who signed before 30th of June don't.......... :evil: :evil: :evil:

surely in the first instance standing room (If allocated in 11,500) should go to the Sept.saints............

Exacttly.

To be honest im stunned we no longer have foundation benefits that REWARDED those that stayed loyal and put fwd their hard earned in years when we didnt even make finals...

“Yeah….nah””
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Teflon I think at this point it's really out of St Kilda's hands.

suss
Club Player

chook23 wrote:plus if a september saint gets a seat..........................and SC who signed before 30th of June don't.......... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't think it's possible for a September Saint to get a seat ahead of SC member based on this comment:
Ben Hall wrote:September Saints will then be offered the remaining tickets which would contain a high proportion of Standing Room if not all depending on Social Club registration numbers.
So it looks like they'll allocate (to random social club members) prime, premium, standard and standing "tickets" in that order. A Sepetember Saint could only hope to get a seat should the allocation to the SC members end before they get into the standing only tickets.

At least that's how I read it.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

also remember that some social clubbers might not be able to afford a 245 ticket

they might have picked only the basic and standing, leaving more premium

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

For the life of me I really don't understand why any SC Member would pick Best Available excluding Standing Room.

It's a Random selection for tickets by your Order number (of course SC Members has first dip before September Saints)

But by selecting excluding Standing Room there is a small chance that you may miss out altogether

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:For the life of me I really don't understand why any SC Member would pick Best Available excluding Standing Room.

It's a Random selection for tickets by your Order number (of course SC Members has first dip before September Saints)

But by selecting excluding Standing Room there is a small chance that you may miss out altogether
Do you know the health and age of every social club member. They may be unable to stand for 4-5 hours without having much if any room to move in that time.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:For the life of me I really don't understand why any SC Member would pick Best Available excluding Standing Room.

Do you know the health and age of every social club member. They may be unable to stand for 4-5 hours without having much if any room to move in that time.
What a flowering stupid question, of course there are exceptions. Like the poster who stated that his wife is pregnant.

But, I would bet that some on here are not in that bracket and have chosen excluding Standing Room.

IT WAS THESE PEOPLE THAT I REFERRING TO!!!

Talk about bleeding obvious :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What a flowering stupid question, of course there are exceptions. Like the poster who stated that his wife is pregnant.

But, I would bet that some on here are not in that bracket and have chosen excluding Standing Room.

Then why did you write I dont know why ANY SC member would exclude standing room and by the way how do you know many have said this anyway. You got the figures.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Then why did you write I dont know why ANY SC member would exclude standing room and by the way how do you know many have said this anyway. You got the figures.
Have another read IDIOT!

Just where did I state MANY???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Have another read IDIOT!

Just where did I state MANY???
You wite a stupid statement and i am an idiot. Got figures on how many ticked the box or just felt like having a go at the few who did. You would be better telling how many full SC members you have in your household. It would be much more interesting.

Saints43
Club Player

Teflon wrote:

Exacttly.

To be honest im stunned we no longer have foundation benefits that REWARDED those that stayed loyal and put fwd their hard earned in years when we didnt even make finals...
As a social club member for 14 years I will be disgusted if I miss out on a ticket (should we make it). Disgusted.

By the way, was the fact that a social club member who registered can miss out on a ticket stated prior to registration? I didn't see it.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bloody hell here we go.... :roll:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Exacttly.

As a social club member for 14 years I will be disgusted if I miss out on a ticket (should we make it). Disgusted.

By the way, was the fact that a social club member who registered can miss out on a ticket stated prior to registration? I didn't see it.
If you registered for a ticket correctly,then you can not miss out on a ticket if you are social club member. Therefore no need to be disgusted

Bring back the Lockett era
Saints43
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Exacttly.

If you registered for a ticket correctly,then you can not miss out on a ticket if you are social club member. Therefore no need to be disgusted
This statement from Ben Hall suggests otherwise:

All tickets are randomized so it doesn’t matter what you click in terms of priority or the time you registered. What it means is if you choose ‘Best available excluding standing room’ and the radomization happens to land on you and offers you standing room then you will not be offered a GF ticket.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

well in effect if you are allocated a standing only ticket through the random picking and you have selected no standing, you have rejected the offer for a ticket.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: You wite a stupid statement and i am an idiot. Got figures on how many ticked the box or just felt like having a go at the few who did. You would be better telling how many full SC members you have in your household. It would be much more interesting.
You are the one that makes stupid statements I did NOT say MANY.

I have NOT have a "go" to the the people that did.

All I stated is that I just could not understand why, if that's is "having a go" by you, so be it.

Flower you with your "stupid statement" about figures, Moron

saint1974
Club Player

Just rang the club as our family 2 adults and 4 kids registered best available no standing room, said to the girl I was concerned we may miss out on tickets we are foundation social club members with 130 years between us as members and said I woulb be shattered if we missed out.

The girl from the membership department said 90% of social club members registered and the premium to prime seats would be offered to social club with the remaining standing room would probably go to September Saints approxiamately 10% of the 11,500 tickets are staanding room.

I voiced my disappointment that foundation membership counts for nothing now and said how I have supported the club through some pretty lean years.
the club have now said it's only social club members no matter what that counts and foundation members get no priveledge above other members!!!
Strength Through Loyalty :?

markp
Saintsational Legend

What bollocks.... in effect "whatever, you get what you're given, no matter how long you've been a social club member, if you're not disabled but you cant stand then you may miss out all together"... thanks.