farren ray

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

farren ray

have not seen much written about his game

but thought it was his best for some time.

proved a nice link player, always seems to have that fraction of time.

the dropped mark in the last was a blemish but apart from that was a welcome return to form.

will be a very important player as he will never get the hard tag and if he can be freed up for 25-30 possessions could become critical

well done on the year farren ray

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree, fantastic year by Farren....I commend him for shaking his past and making the most of now.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Great recruit for us. Loved the big stage. With so many other mid feilders, he goes under the radar...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I think he must be close to that top group of players with joey and nds

I love this club
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

We have traded exceptionally well over the last few years.

aussiejones
Club Player

Amazing Zac and Ray were let go...... glad they didnt turn out like McGough and Fiora !

spert
Saintsational Legend

He is improving as the season goes on- still looks a bit like a headless chicken running around, and maybe needs to get rid of the ball a bit quicker, but he is doing a great job for us.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Anyone find it a little strange that like players to Farren, are under similar pressure to peform at the Doggies at the moment?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Really appreciated his game after watching the replay.....Covered a lot of ground....

But he dropped a few contested marks that he usually takes (so good overhead!!!) That was the difference between a great game and an unbelieveable game.

Great work Fazza!!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

big blunder by the bulldogs in moving him on, imo.

i think he'll play 250-plus games ... he has that wiry type of build ... and just get better and better.

loris
Saintsational Legend

There is a special corner at The Karalee Tavern in Como Western Australia........ where "The Farren Ray Fan Club" sit each week to watch the Saints. 'The FR Club' even wear special FR badges :lol:

There were only 3 members of this exclusive club to start this season off., all females who are good at picking a bit thoroughbred footballer flesh. :wink: There was a fair bit of shiacking & derision put on us at first....especially by the male members of the Western Saints mob who frequent the Karalee Tavern. A few early comments about recruiting another Fiora.

Has our little FR corner started to swell over recent months!!! All these macho men wanting to be seen to be part of the Farren Ray Club........ it's like the social club waiting list they all want to jump on our bandwagon.

Mocca, Tim, Roger, Chris et al. You should have listened to the fairer sex from round one :P :P :P :P :P :P

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

If all goes according to plan, the kid will play his 100th in a Grand Final!

starsign
Club Player

yep great game , just love the guy

only blemish was a couple of poor disposals, which didn't cost for memory , but I thought at the time , that this was bandied about in pre-season discussions and it hasn't been significant to me all year really

but he's been bloody fantastic for us, and I just love how he repeatedly beats taller opponents in straight forward making contests

stinger
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:There is a special corner at The Karalee Tavern in Como Western Australia........ where "The Farren Ray Fan Club" sit each week to watch the Saints. 'The FR Club' even wear special FR badges :lol:

There were only 3 members of this exclusive club to start this season off., all females who are good at picking a bit thoroughbred footballer flesh. :wink: There was a fair bit of shiacking & derision put on us at first....especially by the male members of the Western Saints mob who frequent the Karalee Tavern. A few early comments about recruiting another Fiora.

Has our little FR corner started to swell over recent months!!! All these macho men wanting to be seen to be part of the Farren Ray Club........ it's like the social club waiting list they all want to jump on our bandwagon.

Mocca, Tim, Roger, Chris et al. You should have listened to the fairer sex from round one :P :P :P :P :P :P

fiora had different attributes i'm told..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:big blunder by the bulldogs in moving him on, imo.

i think he'll play 250-plus games ... he has that wiry type of build ... and just get better and better.
Hard to believe that one went our way.

I love this club
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Farren Ray has played a very important role for our midfield this year, even when NOT playing in the midfield. Along with Robert Eddy, Clinton Jones, Luke Ball, Jason Gram and others, he plays a role that releases the shackles on Nick DalSanto, Leigh Montagna, Lenny Hayes & at times Brendon Goddard

Dal, Joey, Lenny & BJ have been amongst the VERY BEST midfielders in the comp this year. The others have played a role that allows them to play at their best !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Raven
Club Player

I personally don't believe he would be playing as well as he is now if he'd stayed at the Dogs.

Needed a change of scenery I think. He's flourished, and we're reaping the benefits.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:I personally don't believe he would be playing as well as he is now if he'd stayed at the Dogs.

Needed a change of scenery I think. He's flourished, and we're reaping the benefits.
Yes and the dogs had a few of those types anyway, he is more physical at the Saintsthen he was at the dogs

I love this club