list of life members

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

list of life members

where can I get that ?
A collingwood nuffy has told me that the Saints made Everrit a life member ? Is that true.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: list of life members

The Fireman wrote:where can I get that ?
A collingwood nuffy has told me that the Saints made Everrit a life member ? Is that true.

Yes and what is wrong with that.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Well firstly I don't think he is worthy but the reason I wanted to know was because we are having a debate about racism in footy, I pointed out that his fellow fans prompted the biggest rejigging of anti racism policies in this sport and probably others over the Winmar incident, he responded with us giving a life membership to a racist.
Thanks for the info.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well firstly I don't think he is worthy but the reason I wanted to know was because we are having a debate about racism in footy, I pointed out that his fellow fans prompted the biggest rejigging of anti racism policies in this sport and probably others over the Winmar incident, he responded with us giving a life membership to a racist.
Thanks for the info.
Pretty sure our life members who are from the playing side are given it after either 150 games or 10 years so it is automatic.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

he was made automatic life member after 10 years.

I remeber as it was done at the AGM, and everybody booed him (as he was leaving for hawthorn at the time.
Pretty sure our life members who are from the playing side are given it after either 150 games or 10 years so it is automatic.

GrumpyOne

The Fireman wrote:Well firstly I don't think he is worthy but the reason I wanted to know was because we are having a debate about racism in footy, I pointed out that his fellow fans prompted the biggest rejigging of anti racism policies in this sport and probably others over the Winmar incident, he responded with us giving a life membership to a racist.
Thanks for the info.
Everitt was young, dumb and uneducated at the time of his racist comments to Scott Chisholm and Michael Long.

He is no longer young, and has made quite some progress in the education stakes since then.

I suspect that he has different beliefs now to what he had when playing for us.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Everitt was young, dumb and uneducated at the time of his racist comments to Scott Chisholm and Michael Long.

He is no longer young, and has made quite some progress in the education stakes since then.

I suspect that he has different beliefs now to what he had when playing for us.
I agree with you but have to admit to thinking that he never was or ever will be the sharpest tool in the shed.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

unlike others Spider actually went back to the club function when he was made Life member- even though he was no longer with us..

Lenny is latest player Life member- who is eligible at the end of this year?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:unlike others Spider actually went back to the club function when he was made Life member- even though he was no longer with us..

Thats intersting to know he did that, almost impressive

I love this club
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
saintbrat wrote:unlike others Spider actually went back to the club function when he was made Life member- even though he was no longer with us..

particularly given the ' non attendance " of other high profile ex sainter who couldn't even make it to Harvs testimonial.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Fairly certain Bakes will have now played his 10th season, thus qualfying him for life membership!

The Saints are coming!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Lenny is latest player Life member- who is eligible at the end of this year?
If it's 150 club games then heaps are eligible, yeah?

Milne 186
Riewoldt 180
Baker 176
Dal Santo 166
Blake 159

If it's 10 years then Dal and Roo aren't there yet, but Milne, Baker and Blake still are.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Fireman - Everitt apologies and paid the price - public humiliation and a four week suspension.

The slithering horde of vermin filth supporters would never apologise, never change their ways, and a just low lying scum.

IT is a FACT that their extremist white supremist, hate filled, bile and vitriol, directed at Nicky that day was the catalyst for an overhaul in racism in AFL.

Ask him if Monkhorst apologised to Long. Ask him if MacALLISTER apologised when he said that aboriganals had to behave like "NORMAL" people.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

particularly given the ' non attendance " of other high profile ex sainter who couldn't even make it to Harvs testimonial.
Yes that was quite poor, after all those years playing together and thug never showed up for Harves, anyway i wont rant about that individual

I love this club
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

It was an interesting AGM, that one. The only time I remember people voting against a life membership. As brat said, at least he turned up.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:It was an interesting AGM, that one. The only time I remember people voting against a life membership. As brat said, at least he turned up.
This maybe a silly question, but who actually voted on this

I love this club
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I was at that AGM and no-one booed him.

Andrew Plympton nominated hime and someone seconded the nomination and not everyone voted for the nomination but Plympton spoke eloquently on why Spida was nominated and I didn't have a problem with the nomination.

Spida, by the way seemed humble by the life membership and contrite. He was wasn't strutting around the place saying look at me look at me.

And the players accepted it as from memory they all went back to Lenny's place for a drink.

Why rehash was has happened all those years ago?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I was at that AGM and no-one booed him.
That's true. A half dozen or so did vote against the nomination though. I was in two minds, so didn't vote, which turned out well because he was standing behind me!

ozrulestrace wrote:Spida, by the way seemed humble by the life membership and contrite. He was wasn't strutting around the place saying look at me look at me.
I agree, and he spoke well.

ozrulestrace wrote:Why rehash was has happened all those years ago?
Someone asked a question and we respond and discuss. Can't see the problem with that.
Spider will divide the crowd pretty quickly; There's plenty of hate and love I'm sure.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
That's true. A half dozen or so did vote against the nomination though. I was in two minds, so didn't vote, which turned out well because he was standing behind me!

ozrulestrace wrote:Spida, by the way seemed humble by the life membership and contrite. He was wasn't strutting around the place saying look at me look at me.

Someone asked a question and we respond and discuss. Can't see the problem with that.
Spider will divide the crowd pretty quickly; There's plenty of hate and love I'm sure.
The Fireman`s question was to settle an argument with a filth fan, he should get all our support

I love this club
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
satchmo wrote:

The Fireman`s question was to settle an argument with a filth fan, he should get all our support
That's why I came here. Cheers Stillwaiting.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:
satchmo wrote:

That's why I came here. Cheers Stillwaiting.
No probs, now stick to the filth fan :D

I love this club
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I was at the AGM when Frankie Peckett received his Life membership. I was most impressed by the way he spoke, and in particular the way he addressed himself to the (then) youngsters among the playing group citing the way that He'd made a lot of mistakes and for players like Ball, Clarke, Dal Santo etc to realise what a wonderful opportunity they have got. I complimented him on the speech when I met him in person, and he was just as humble. A great club person!
And although I am not a particular fan of Everitt he did at least have the decency to accept his membership in person and with humility.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Davo027
Club Player

A complete list of St Kilda Football Club life members is being produced as we write ( or read in your case)..should be up on saints.com over the next few weeks.
cheers

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Davo027 wrote:
A complete list of St Kilda Football Club life members is being produced as we write ( or read in your case)..should be up on saints.com over the next few weeks.
cheers

List done
http://www.saints.com.au/life%20members ... fault.aspx

Davo027 just wonder if it's possible to have it divided into catagories- ie
player, members, board etc.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Good to see Kenny Whiffen there.

Still giving his all for the boys.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell