Lets not get ahead of ourselves ....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Lets not get ahead of ourselves ....

I'm sure the club wont - but as supporters lets not get ahead of ourselves and disrepect our next opponent. Our next game is the either the Bulldogs or Lions so as a club lets concentrate on performing in that game before we start talking about grand finals.

We are starting to sound arrogant like the crew from Carlton or Collingwood when they win!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Im going to quietly enjoy the win till around Thursday then ill focus on the potential opposition for our prelim.

I would not write off either side both dangerous and capable of beating us on their day

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The Prelim will be our hardest game to win for the season, our recent history proves this. Regardless of who our opponent is, both teams will be extremely nervous so it's imperative we settle early and don't get blown away with a sluggish start.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Bugger that!!! Let the players and coaching staff keep a lid on it. In our very long history we have been beaten bruised and ridiculed by all and sundry, this is our time and I'm going to enjoy it. As Greg Baum so eloquently wrote:
The outer Saints can, should and will amuse themselves with the tantalising thought that rarely since 1966 has the premiership felt so within reach.
GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

widereceiver
Club Player

I respect all of our opponents but we are going to win the flag.

In my view, as a supporter, there is no reason to doubt it. If being positive counts for anything, I'm loving the ride until the scoreboard tells me to stop.

What time on Sunday did I know we'd win?
When we hit the front in Q2.
Of course, I didn't know but we were killing them all over the ground and they'd started damage limitation.

I don't see how anyone could be enjoying this season more than I am.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
reincarnated

Hurricane wrote:Im going to quietly enjoy the win till around Thursday then ill focus on the potential opposition for our prelim.

I would not write off either side both dangerous and capable of beating us on their day

BANG BANG
So happens when fan's focus on opposition teams anyway? It shoulds like you are part of the football department and steeling your resolve and taking notes on potential plays and match ups

So right now you are thinking all things St Kilda...from Thursday it will be DOGS DOGS DOGS DOGS/LIONS LIONS LIONS

If I was an opposition coach...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Geelong supporters are focusing on exposing our game plan...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579600

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Interesting read.

I saw the Saints take the foot off Geelongs throat when we were 5 goals up on them this season- I haven't forgotten that. AND I don't think we'd make that same mistake again.

Expect to see a Saints side hellbent on making some serious impact from here on in!

Riewoldt must be backed and protected by his team-mates as he'll be the number one target for the remaining opposition sides. No Riewoldt, No Chance (or very slim chance). The focus can only come off Roo if everyone stands up and prove themselves equally as damaging. With that mindset it's as good as ours. Not cocky, just confident!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
aussiejones
Club Player

No arrogance at all I would think.

Ross and the fitness guys will have them up and about playing their designated "Roles". Just need to add that extra 5-10% .

I think its going according to plan and the week off to freshen up.

Geelong are getting back to full strength , sights set on GF.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Lets not get ahead of ourselves ....

WinnersOnly wrote:I'm sure the club wont - but as supporters lets not get ahead of ourselves and disrepect our next opponent. Our next game is the either the Bulldogs or Lions so as a club lets concentrate on performing in that game before we start talking about grand finals.

We are starting to sound arrogant like the crew from Carlton or Collingwood when they win!
Couldn't agree more!

Enjoy the win, I know I am, but already supporters are talking as if we have already qualified for the GF.

Haven't we learnt enough from past sins and preliminary final heart breaks? I don't want a repeat of 2005 and I'm sure none of you do either.

Be proud, be confident and stay focused and keep it one week at a time!

CARN THE SAINTERS!

Bad management is bad management
bigred
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Geelong supporters are focusing on exposing our game plan...

That thread is a load of horse s***.

This week is a time to relax and not stress about what we cannot control...

Will watch this weekends games with interest, and then will refocus.

Two wins to go.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Geelong supporters are focusing on exposing our game plan...

That thread is a load of horse s***.

This week is a time to relax and not stress about what we cannot control...

Will watch this weekends games with interest, and then will refocus.

Two wins to go.
Hence why I posted it....