GF tickets

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

GF tickets

I am a member and a social member, but i just want to check where the allocated seats will be? They dont let you know where it will be and all you can do is book premium, standard etc

Is premium closer to the action? is standard at the front/behind the goals... is there a better chance to be in the middle on second tier if you pay premium?

i have only been to the MCG a couple of times and not when it is sold out, so i am not sure, can someone help me out?

Hope we make it eh

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Premium is all viewing that is 2nd level or undercover a far as I know, Prime is all other decent viewing, tandar is "In the laps of the Gods"

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Batnoe

Sainter_Dad wrote:Premium is all viewing that is 2nd level or undercover a far as I know, Prime is all other decent viewing, tandar is "In the laps of the Gods"

So with so many of the tickets being MCC members, how will i know that i will be sitting with a group of a few thousand saints fans?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

you wont
u apply and you get what ya given
premium could be the first ten rows only for all we know

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:Premium is all viewing that is 2nd level or undercover a far as I know, Prime is all other decent viewing, tandar is "In the laps of the Gods"

So with so many of the tickets being MCC members, how will i know that i will be sitting with a group of a few thousand saints fans?
I would assume that like the other finals the Sainters will be allocated blocks that get distributed (thats not to say you may not end up in a St Kilda block right next to the opposition cheer squad though)

But in all honesty - would you cre who you sat next to when we make it to the big day!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
jimbob
Club Player

you are only allowed one ticket per barcode is there anyway to get more tickets?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

jimbob wrote:you are only allowed one ticket per barcode is there anyway to get more tickets?
Queue for the public allocation or win them or buy them through CentreSquare

― Aristophanes

Batnoe

So there is no guarentee that premium is better than standard?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:So there is no guarentee that premium is better than standard?
Yes - Premium is better than standard (Premium is 95 octane Standard 91).

But seriously - Yes Premium incorporates all the better seats - Standard is the dregs. But if Standard is what I am offered - I will be there with bells on!!!!! (Hoping for N34 Row A though)

― Aristophanes

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Standard will be nothing more than the back 10 or so rows of the top level.

Assuming the seating plan will be similar to the other finals, almost the whole stadium was premium seating so you don't have much choice other than to pay top dollar....

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

So do I understand this right - It does not matter if you log on at 8:00am or 2:59pm to register your interest. In effect the guy that logs his registration at 2:59pm could actually do better than the one who registers at 8:00am

― Aristophanes

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:So do I understand this right - It does not matter if you log on at 8:00am or 2:59pm to register your interest. In effect the guy that logs his registration at 2:59pm could actually do better than the one who registers at 8:00am
i believe that's the case - which is good because it means there's no 8am rush so it all should work out fine.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Sainter_Dad wrote:So do I understand this right - It does not matter if you log on at 8:00am or 2:59pm to register your interest. In effect the guy that logs his registration at 2:59pm could actually do better than the one who registers at 8:00am
Yep, apparently so.

I originally though the 'randomisation' process would occur immediately you registered.

For example, I log in at 9am & ask for 2 tickets... the Ticketmaster system randomly allocates me 'Standard' seats.

You log in at 11am & the system randomly allocates you 'Premium' seats.

I'm not sure exactly when you will get an idea of where you will be sitting/standing.

I'll be getting in as early as possible though... these things have a habit of dragging out for hours!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup correct
reg at 8am or reg at 1pm
doesnt increase or decrease ant chances

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Correct, no advantage in registering early - it's purely a window (albeit a small one I think) for people to register their SC barcodes for a future random draw should we make it.

If we do, then all those registered will be randomly drawn in order from the $245 ticket down to the $161 ticket - you have no say in which priced seat you receive and sign up with a fully loaded credit card knowing that it may be charged from one extreme to the other.

I believe we will all get a seat, and will indicate my preference as such - standing room not an option with a poor invalid recovering from a serious knee op :wink: and a kid in my group of 8 - even though we have all agreed as per the rules, one in all in or one out all out. Strength through loyalty. We're either all sitting together or we're watching it somewhere else.

Keep that in mind if you're booking for others in a group situation and make sure everyone's on the same page.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yes
i hope the group thing is perfectly clear
i have been offered to become part of a group
just have to make sure what they are doing tomorrow and what boxes are being ticked
im not taking any risks here.
entry is my number one goal now....want a seat but will take whatever comes.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

So guys i have our finals imformation sheet and wish to make sure that i have read this correctly, we actually register tomorrow , wed 9th september and of course get whatever seats are allocated to us. Just let me know if i am right, would hate to miss out , cheers

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

stairwaytoheaven wrote:So guys i have our finals imformation sheet and wish to make sure that i have read this correctly, we actually register tomorrow , wed 9th september and of course get whatever seats are allocated to us. Just let me know if i am right, would hate to miss out , cheers
Correct and the window is 8 am to 3 pm.

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Thanks iceman shall be in contact with family tonight and will register for 8 tickets.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

stairwaytoheaven wrote:Thanks iceman shall be in contact with family tonight and will register for 8 tickets.
Main points as far as I'm concerned are:

- make sure everyone wants a seat or are happy with standing room - all must be in agreeance or I can see issues between friends/relo's

- make sure your credit card has sufficient funds - only one credit card will be used and it will be the one you use tomorrow for the $30 odd dollars to register - but may then be debited up to $1800-1900'ish when the tickets are allocated

- let's make the GF

- let's win the GF