Raph ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

widereceiver
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
It wasn't aimed at you mate. My point is that a seperate thread should be opened for such discussions.

If there is a racist element ont his forum, then they should be howled down.

But it get's frustrating that when player debate / and racism discussion get mixed up, it turns nasty.
I agree with that although sometimes talk of Raph's inadequacies (real and/or imagined) is blurred with overtones or undertows of racism.

Believe me, what I heard at the footy this week from a few of our own supporters was creepy. I guess my antennae are up. It'd be great if he had another blinder of a game to remind the doubters, perhaps in the granny!

BTW I like your sig and I agree, two more games to win.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
Splayd
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Who was his opponent? And what did he do?

He was OK.
he minded Lockyer and did a fair job IMO....

A much better job than this poster suggested in his first quarter comments..

:roll: :roll:

Splayd wrote:OK. Raph Clarke has had two touched and $%^&ed both of them.

Can't handle pressure - get him OFF!!
That was me. Heat of the moment watching the game from 16,500 km away at 6:30 in the morning trying not to wake the fam. Two costly errors and I blew a little bit.

But he did look extrememly jittery in the first qtr and needed to settle down. He did for the most part. I have never been one to critisize Raph as I reckon he usually does alright but I still worry that he doesn't keep his feet as well as he could.

He has a place in the side - for sure. Fills a role not too many others in the seconds could. Armo and others knocking on the door are more mids and don't have the height to be able to swing forward.

Gathering converts in Frogland..
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

rexy wrote:
I am a Raph fan and would have him in the side if I was a selector. He is very versatile and has a good turn of pace for his size. He does turn it over a bit but often gets given the ball in bad spots as he is going to support the ball carrier deep in the backline, often the unfortunate one who gets the last handball and is left to find a way out of a predicament.

This looks to be one of his jobs when down back as well as often he is charged with getting back to cover an attacking Fisher or Gilberts man, often he is lambasted by supporters for not picking up SOMEONE ELSES man.

This is just part of the role he plays though and should not be taken personally, it would be the same if it were someone else who played that role, it was Goddard a couple of years back playing the same spot and getting similar treatment.
Exactly right Rexy...

SteveStevens66
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
jay young wrote:actually S king should be made way for mcevoy next game
You really do not have any idea about footy do you.
Or English grammar.

Carna Saints!!!
reincarnated

SteveStevens66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jay young wrote:actually S king should be made way for mcevoy next game
You really do not have any idea about footy do you.
Or English grammar.
There is no such thing as 'English grammar'

Grammar in its correct form is English in its correct form

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:still didn't answer your question jb.did he....still in denial i see......think i know why..... :evil:
I know you are really old and may have eyeslight problems after a hard day cleaning successful people's offices but i am pretty sure i answered it FFS emoitcon old man cleaner.

And if you are even slightly suggesting I am even slightly racist have the guts to PM me you weak gutless old ffs emoticon boring cleaner.
i don't have to pm you for that......hazard a guess dole bludger...

...get a life and a clue...ffs...ball was second in hard ball gets and first for clearances...in half a game ....yet you say he had a poor game.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Tue 08 Sep 2009 9:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:PM? I'm still waiting for my phone call. :lol: :lol:

referred to mods...

Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

referred to mods...
who's talking to you?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:The people that continually slander Raph have very little clue about footy whatsoever.

Just watched the replay before & I am struggling to find where he was so bad.

I will bet my house on none of you weak mongrels saying it to his face.

Pull your overinflated egos in & support the kid. He's a very good footballer who will get seriously good if you support him instead of ringing up SEN or posting on here & trying to make yourself feel like a big man.

It's pathetic & is a very bad reflection on the supporters of this club that get tarred with the same brush thanks to these nuff nuffs.

I know for a fact that Raph is affected significantly by some of the crap that is posted on here. The players do read this stuff.

good on you mate......even raph's mother has commented negatively on this site because of the crap that is posted here about raph.....as my missus says...the people criticising him probably have never put their bodies on the line and couldn;\'t kick over a jam tin...she's right as usual..... :wink: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

referred to mods...
who's talking to you?
referred to mods...

Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

referred to mods...
who's talking to you?
referred to mods...
Referred to the mods for making initial contact with me. :lol: :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:well said widereciever.

Milton66 pull your head in.

Have a frigging read of the thread before calling anyone hypocrites.

And if that was directed at me - show me any evidence - just once where I have been hypocritical on race.

And if you want to infer I am a racist with that idiot post - i will quite happily accommodate you any where any time - call me a racist to my face.

Prick. :evil:
Wasn't aimed at you, so apologise. It was aimed at another pathetic c#nt who is gutless and spineless.

Typical bully boy response from you JB. Always going off half baked, shouting people down. Pull your head in, drop kick, before you start making threats.

I'd never infer you're a racist because your form is quite clear on the issue.

Not intended for Widereceiver either.

But seriously, none of you have answered the question. Why?

Every time there's a thread about Raph, people chme in with racist taunts made at the footy and on radio. Yes it's disgraceful, but always seems to happen is that anyone whodisagrees that Raph played well, somehow get associated with being racist. It's quite boring and childish.

And BTW, JB, who the F*** appointed you the moral voice with the right to slag off at people?

Assclown. :evil:

referred to mods...

Milton66
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:well said widereciever.

Milton66 pull your head in.

Have a frigging read of the thread before calling anyone hypocrites.

And if that was directed at me - show me any evidence - just once where I have been hypocritical on race.

And if you want to infer I am a racist with that idiot post - i will quite happily accommodate you any where any time - call me a racist to my face.

Prick. :evil:
Wasn't aimed at you, so apologise. It was aimed at another pathetic c#nt who is gutless and spineless.

Typical bully boy response from you JB. Always going off half baked, shouting people down. Pull your head in, drop kick, before you start making threats.

I'd never infer you're a racist because your form is quite clear on the issue.

Not intended for Widereceiver either.

But seriously, none of you have answered the question. Why?

Every time there's a thread about Raph, people chme in with racist taunts made at the footy and on radio. Yes it's disgraceful, but always seems to happen is that anyone whodisagrees that Raph played well, somehow get associated with being racist. It's quite boring and childish.

And BTW, JB, who the F*** appointed you the moral voice with the right to slag off at people?

Assclown. :evil:

referred to mods...
Referred to mods for stalking me.

The above didn't mention your name.

Good luck with the crusade. Now please stop stalking my posts.

Have a nice day.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

to all the raph baggers.....i make no apologies for calling some of you motivated by racial hatred...i have heard the comments myself first hand.....i would be the first to acknowledge that some of you are not racist...merely gutless and poor judges....take your pick which category you fall under......i couldn't give a rat's.. :evil:

saint vince
Club Player

stinger wrote:to all the raph baggers.....i make no apologies for calling some of you motivated by racial hatred...i have heard the comments myself first hand.....i would be the first to acknowledge that some of you are not racist...merely gutless and poor judges....take your pick which category you fall under......i couldn't give a rat's.. :evil:
I have only read the last few posts of this thread as I am sick of the same argument every week.

I have been a bagger of Raph in the past but to infer that my dislike for his football ability has anything to do with race or gutless is offensive. For some reason Raph splits people right down the middle.

I think he has improved greatly in the last 5 weeks or so and I rekon he has a spot in the side.

I am not sure why because someone has an opinion about a player they are gutless. I also thought that Troy Schwarze was a good footballer but not many agreed with me. I never accused them of race hate or attacked their courage I merely disageed.

Go Saints.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
stinger wrote:to all the raph baggers.....i make no apologies for calling some of you motivated by racial hatred...i have heard the comments myself first hand.....i would be the first to acknowledge that some of you are not racist...merely gutless and poor judges....take your pick which category you fall under......i couldn't give a rat's.. :evil:
I have only read the last few posts of this thread as I am sick of the same argument every week.

I have been a bagger of Raph in the past but to infer that my dislike for his football ability has anything to do with race or gutless is offensive. For some reason Raph splits people right down the middle.

I think he has improved greatly in the last 5 weeks or so and I rekon he has a spot in the side.

I am not sure why because someone has an opinion about a player they are gutless. I also thought that Troy Schwarze was a good footballer but not many agreed with me. I never accused them of race hate or attacked their courage I merely disageed.

Go Saints.

as i said...i don't give a rat's if the raph haters are pissed off with my views on them and that includes you.....i am sick to death of hearing him abused at the footy each week and then a new thread bagging him appearing each week......

as Animal Enclosure wrote above.....

"The people that continually slander Raph have very little clue about footy whatsoever.

Pull your overinflated egos in & support the kid. He's a very good footballer who will get seriously good if you support him instead of ringing up SEN or posting on here & trying to make yourself feel like a big man.

It's pathetic & is a very bad reflection on the supporters of this club that get tarred with the same brush thanks to these nuff nuffs.

I know for a fact that Raph is affected significantly by some of the crap that is posted on here. The players do read this stuff.'

...none of you would have the guts to repeat your comments to his face...that makes you gutless....don't like it...then don't bag him....wtf do you have to have a whipping boy.......always some poor player cops it in the neck from supposedly pple who claim to be supporters...supporters my arse...little people with no f****** lives .....who need to feel superior to others by abusing them from the safety of a football crowd or the anonymity of an internet forum.....

..tell you one thing...if i hear a person abuse raph at the footy again this season i will do my utmost to have them thrown out of the ground......saints supporter or not.... :evil: :evil:

the guy sitting next to my wife in bay6 at the weekend abused raph using the foulest of language possible......i didn't hear most of it...as i put my headphones on knowing that i would get into a fight if i allowed myself to be sucked in.......my missus was appalled by this prick's behaviour and only really let me know what was going on after we left the ground......never again will i sit still for boorish behaviour like that....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 08 Sep 2009 8:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

This seems to be coming a bit of a joke. Yes i understand that Raph has his faults on the footy field but he is not alone, everyone in our team has room for improvements. (maybe not Roo or Lenny) :wink: But what gets me is that with Raph that is all that some people concentrate on, I honestly believe that Raph brings something to our team.
Is he a superstar?
No i don't believe so.
Would our team still win without him?
Yes we possibly would
Are we a better team with Raph in it?
Yes we are.
So far i I have heard that he has played well on a wing, because he gets some freedom. Some people want him to be our 3rd Marking forward, some like the way he rebounds from defence. My question to the Anti-Raphs is "Who would you have to replace him that could play any of those positions, depending on what is required?" Personally i couldn't see who else on our list can do that. Happy to be proven wrong but to me he is definately in our best 22. Thanks for reading!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:This seems to be coming a bit of a joke. Yes i understand that Raph has his faults on the footy field but he is not alone, everyone in our team has room for improvements. (maybe not Roo or Lenny) :wink: But what gets me is that with Raph that is all that some people concentrate on, I honestly believe that Raph brings something to our team.
Is he a superstar?
No i don't believe so.
Would our team still win without him?
Yes we possibly would
Are we a better team with Raph in it?
Yes we are.
So far i I have heard that he has played well on a wing, because he gets some freedom. Some people want him to be our 3rd Marking forward, some like the way he rebounds from defence. My question to the Anti-Raphs is "Who would you have to replace him that could play any of those positions, depending on what is required?" Personally i couldn't see who else on our list can do that. Happy to be proven wrong but to me he is definately in our best 22. Thanks for reading!

it was worth reading.... :wink:

saint vince
Club Player

stinger wrote:
saint vince wrote:

Go Saints.

as i said...i don't give a rat's if the raph haters are pissed off with my views on them and that includes you.....i am sick to death of hearing him abused at the footy each week and then a new thread bagging him appearing each week......

as Animal Enclosure wrote above.....

"The people that continually slander Raph have very little clue about footy whatsoever.

I know for a fact that Raph is affected significantly by some of the crap that is posted on here. The players do read this stuff.'

...none of you would have the guts to repeat your comments to his face...that makes you gutless....don't like it...then don't bag him....wtf do you have to have a whipping boy.......always some poor player cops it in the neck from supposedly pple who claim to be supporters...supporters my arse...little people with no f****** lives .....who need to feel superior to others by abusing them from the safety of a football crowd or the anonymity of an internet forum.....

..tell you one thing...if i hear a person abuse raph at the footy again this season i will do my utmost to have them thrown out of the ground......saints supporter or not.... :evil: :evil:

the guy sitting next to my wife in bay6 at the weekend abused raph using the foulest of language possible......i didn't hear most of it...as i put my headphones on knowing that i would get into a fight if i allowed myself to be sucked in.......my missus was appalled by this prick's behaviour and only really let me know what was going on after we left the ground......never again will i sit still for boorish behaviour like that....
Sorry for having an opinion different to yours.

From now on I might just keep my opinions to myself about playes everything in fact.

BTW I never swear at the footy. I go with my nieces and nephews. I am happy to say I was wrong about Raph not being in our best team which I said in my last post.

And as a paid up member and have been for many years I think I have as much right to say I don't rate aplayer as much as you say you do rate a player.

Heaven help you i I ever see you say anything bad about a player because I will re post this post straight to you.

I have been on this site for twelve months and stay out of the personal fights about crap but I felt I needed to defend myself inthis post.

COngrats to you touh Stinger because I now have another two hours a day because I wont be back

Go Saints.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
Sorry for having an opinion different to yours.

From now on I might just keep my opinions to myself about playes everything in fact.

BTW I never swear at the footy. I go with my nieces and nephews. I am happy to say I was wrong about Raph not being in our best team which I said in my last post.

And as a paid up member and have been for many years I think I have as much right to say I don't rate aplayer as much as you say you do rate a player.

Heaven help you i I ever see you say anything bad about a player because I will re post this post straight to you.

I have been on this site for twelve months and stay out of the personal fights about crap but I felt I needed to defend myself inthis post.

COngrats to you touh Stinger because I now have another two hours a day because I wont be back

Go Saints.

up to you...as i said i don't give a rat's for any of the raph haters.....and for the record...i don't bag saints players.....well.... rix was an exception..... :evil:

and also for the record...saying you don't rate a player is not abuse imho....might make you a poor judge of a footballer ...or a genius...but nothing more or nothing less...if you haven't bagged or abused raph ..then my comments are not directed at you.....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 08 Sep 2009 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

st vince, don't leave the site because of differing opinions.

Happens to us all at different times where we get pissed off and get frustrated.

Hang in here especially at this particular time. About to be the best time of our lives.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think it is you Vince that we are referring too (unless you're the tool who rings SEN after every game & hooks into Raph).

We all have our opinions about players & I myself have been frustrated over the years with Grammy, Joey and a few others. What I haven't resorted to is personal attacks and unfair criticism.

Case in point on Sunday, Raph gets a hospital handpass & the buffoon in front of me starts with the "Raph you idiot, etc, etc". Nothing about Chips who gave him the ball when Raph was surrounded by 4 filth players.

It's just tunnel vision that some people have towards Raph, they see the mistakes & gloss over the great stuff.

As I've posted before, Raph is a sensitive young man who has been very affected by some of the absolutely unfair vitriol he has been subjected to.

For everyone's sake can people just lay off him.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:I don't think it is you Vince that we are referring too (unless you're the tool who rings SEN after every game & hooks into Raph).

We all have our opinions about players & I myself have been frustrated over the years with Grammy, Joey and a few others. What I haven't resorted to is personal attacks and unfair criticism.

Case in point on Sunday, Raph gets a hospital handpass & the buffoon in front of me starts with the "Raph you idiot, etc, etc". Nothing about Chips who gave him the ball when Raph was surrounded by 4 filth players.

It's just tunnel vision that some people have towards Raph, they see the mistakes & gloss over the great stuff.

As I've posted before, Raph is a sensitive young man who has been very affected by some of the absolutely unfair vitriol he has been subjected to.

For everyone's sake can people just lay off him.
amen mate..... :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Hang around saint vince, stinger is just a very evil egotist.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Hang around saint vince, stinger is just a very evil egotist.
that a fact albert..?....no..i'm just trying to stop morons abusing a young saint's player from the safety of a fence or a darkened room..... :evil: :evil: ..and as i said ..i couldn't give a rat's for any one else's opinions...including yours.... :evil: