Raph ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbob
SS Life Member

Raph played his part, got better as the day went on.

The Peanut
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:No one is getting dropped next game. the only players who could are in order Eddy, Bally and then Raph but no one is going to go.
Sounds good to me

widereceiver
Club Player

I am mightily sick of the semi-racist taunts towards Raph, my family and I hear at the footy from some of our own fans. What a shower, convert to some other racist club!

First, I know Raph made a few more clangers today - he is not my favourite player, but as others have noted, he improved as the day went on.

I had to remind one guy today of the club's motto, he and others seem to have forgotten it or otherwise I wouldn't think they would call him a boong or a coon when something he tries to do doesn't come off.

(Interestingly, they don't use those words when he does something good).
Strength though loyalty.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:I am mightily sick of the semi-racist taunts towards Raph, my family and I hear at the footy from some of our own fans. What a shower, convert to some other racist club!

First, I know Raph made a few more clangers today - he is not my favourite player, but as others have noted, he improved as the day went on.

I had to remind one guy today of the club's motto, he and others seem to have forgotten it or otherwise I wouldn't think they would call him a boong or a coon when something he tries to do doesn't come off.

Strength though loyalty.
And i am sick of posts that suggest racist comments. raph wasnt good today but in my opinion Eddy and Bally were also poor. They are white Raph isnt. What is the issue.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

You weren't sitting in M50 were you widereceiver?

2 guys & a girl a few rows behind me were singling Raph out for criticism to the point where the girl yelled out for him to do something, don't just stand there when he was standing the mark. :roll:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Thought Raph was very good today.
Lockyer hardly touched it and when he went forward he created across half forward which is somethign we have struggled with all year.

His handball to space for Roo was all class.

McQualter and Raph get similar possessions at different ends of the ground, one gets lauded one gets lambasted.

Both are vitally important and played their roles today.

saintly_safes
Club Player

Everyone on the site knows my opinion on Raph & today I thought he was servicable with out being a walk up starter next game.Did some really dumb things at times but then did some really clever game changeing things to keep his hat in the ring.On todays performance he will definately get a gig next game :)

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Had a pretty good game. Did some good things and was by no means a weak link

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

FFS he made one blue early in the game (a poor handball) & for the rest of the game was solid & did some very nice things.

I suppose some people will always find fault with him despite the fact that he is a very important player to our back line set up.

Not everyone can rack up the numbers that Lenny, Dal, Joey, etc do but they DO THEIR JOB.

We need blokes to play their roles to Ross' instructions (whether than be get 30 touches, kick multiple goals or stop opposition forwards & provide some great run from defence).

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Was poor today in my opinion. A woeful first half was made up for by an average second half. But I wouldn't drop him. He looked a lot more comfortable after those early blunders and I ddin't hold them against the rest of the team, so why him?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:raph wasnt good today
Were you at the MCG?

Raph did a great job today.

Who would you replace him with plugger66?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
gosainters66
Club Player

sorry guys i dont rate raph and i didnt rate his game today , he puts on good tackle pressure but thats all , his ball use and decision making is very poor and lets him down two often imo , i wasnt impressed with zacs game today , hes been down for 4 weeks imo

SAINTS FOR EVER
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gosainters66 wrote:sorry guys i dont rate raph and i didnt rate his game today , he puts on good tackle pressure but thats all , his ball use and decision making is very poor and lets him down two often imo , i wasnt impressed with zacs game today , hes been down for 4 weeks imo
Would you drop either of them?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I think Raph at his best is a very good player.......today wasn't his best...

He made some errors which were costly.....and had to be moved from defence.....which probably saved his spot...

gosainters66
Club Player

would drop raph not sure on zac also eddy out for geary

SAINTS FOR EVER
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gosainters66 wrote:would drop raph not sure on zac also eddy out for geary
So we win our first final and you want at least 2 out if not three. I seriously wonder about some people.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 06 Sep 2009 11:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Raph ?

Enrico_Misso wrote:We must always have a Raph thread.

Did he do enough ?
Please can we leave him alone.

He is a required player as is Blake.

Why do we have to whip players?

He was great in the last quarter. He ran Presti off his feet when Roo was stuffed and gave him a breather. He lead about 60 metres to take that mark on the flank. He is trying hard.

gosainters66
Club Player

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

so we win a game but you dont want to make it any stronger if possable you dont think we should drop any one

SAINTS FOR EVER
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gosainters66 wrote:would drop raph not sure on zac also eddy out for geary
So we win our first final and you want at least 2 out if not three. I seriously wonder about some people.
You said Raph wasn't good today and Eddy and Ball were worse, so what would you do?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gosainters66 wrote:plugger66
Saintsational Legend

so we win a game but you dont want to make it any stronger if possable you dont think we should drop any one
How did the replacements go today or yesterday? if we had some stars to come back in well fair enough but the players who missed out arent stars so lets go with what got us there.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 06 Sep 2009 11:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

realdeal
Club Player

gosainters66 wrote:sorry guys i dont rate raph and i didnt rate his game today , he puts on good tackle pressure but thats all , his ball use and decision making is very poor and lets him down two often imo , i wasnt impressed with zacs game today , hes been down for 4 weeks imo
some people are funny. No idea at all.

He's improved with every game, in fact he's been one of our better players the past few weeks. He made a couple of early blunders but so did BJ, Dal, Blake etc....

The match-ups worked and it was a great move to put him up forward, he isn't a great kick for goal but he reads the game well and provided an extra option that we lacked! He's easily safe.

and we even should've won by 40 odd in the end, lets just enjoy the week off and get the Raph blinkers off..

2 more wins to go.... :D

gosainters66
Club Player

your a tosser this is what you said earlier

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Posted: Sun 06 Sep 2009 8:13pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skeptic wrote:
Zac was ok, but would prefer Hudghton, I still reckon he's a little suspect under pressure

Agree lets drop Zac.

SAINTS FOR EVER
widereceiver
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
widereceiver wrote:I am mightily sick of the semi-racist taunts towards Raph, my family and I hear at the footy from some of our own fans. What a shower, convert to some other racist club!

Strength though loyalty.
And i am sick of posts that suggest racist comments. raph wasnt good today but in my opinion Eddy and Bally were also poor. They are white Raph isnt. What is the issue.
The issue is I don't like hearing, and don't like my kids hearing, racist comments from any supporters, especially our own.

If you think it's cool, that's your opinion, I think it stinks and that's mine. I will post against it whenever I read it and speak out against it whenever I hear it.

How Raph played is a separate issue entirely. Well enough to keep his spot, IMHO.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gosainters66 wrote:your a tosser this is what you said earlier

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Posted: Sun 06 Sep 2009 8:13pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skeptic wrote:
Zac was ok, but would prefer Hudghton, I still reckon he's a little suspect under pressure

Agree lets drop Zac.
Did i really say that. Well lets drop him then. By the way everyone knows im a tosser but thanks for reminding them.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 07 Sep 2009 12:06am, edited 1 time in total.

jackal
Club Player

um..everyone lauds Lyon for being a great coach (and rightly so) but then bags his selection of players such as Raph.
To me this shows a lack of an understanding about why we are winning. Team success is more3 important...raph is obviously doing stuff off the ball that the coaching staff rate highly.