Concession fans: reminder

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintDebi
Club Player

Concession fans: reminder

Just a quick and timely reminder to concession card holders to bring your concession cards/relevent ID to the G tomorrow.
This should help you get through the gates more quickly if you're questioned, and most importantly prevent a recurrence of last week where some members were refused entry by over zealous staff at the G.
We don't want any Sainters missing out.
See you all there!

undecided
Club Player

I don't have a CC

Nattens
Club Player

undecided wrote:I don't have a CC
Then you better hope you buy a Full Adult ticket.

SaintDebi
Club Player

Student ID card?

Saint_Gooner
Club Player

Uh oh! What happened Sunday? I was able to scan through without being bothered about it, should I be fine because I look too young not to be concession? I don't have a concession card though I am a student :S
I'm nervous now!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Gooner wrote:Uh oh! What happened Sunday? I was able to scan through without being bothered about it, should I be fine because I look too young not to be concession? I don't have a concession card though I am a student :S
I'm nervous now!
Being a student qualifies you for a Concession AFL ticket.

Just take your student ID.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintDebi
Club Player

Gooner, there were issues last week at the G where some legitimate concession members were refused entry because they didn't have thier concession ID with them. There was even one instance at least where admission was refused and the person's Saints membership card confiscated. (It has since been returned).
I'm sorry, I didn't post to scare or worry anyone. I just want all our Saints supporters to be prepared, should they be confronted at the gates. Hopefully if you are young enough and look it, you won't be asked. It was only randomly checked. Niether of my two daughters had theirs with them, but luckily they weren't asked for it.
Hopefully you will get in just fine. Just be aware that you may (only may) be queried.
As saintsRrising pointed out, your student ID IS your proof of concession. If you are at secondary school or higher you should have one. If you are younger than that you would be a child/junior member, and wouldn't need proof of concession.

Saint_Gooner
Club Player

I am a TAFE student, but I'm doing the course by correspondance with an interstate school so I'm not sure if I qualify for a Vic concession card, and have no need for a student ID (besides, it seems, getting into the footy) as I don't attend any classes!
I am only 19 and look younger, so I'm thinking I'd have to be bloody unlucky to get caught out, but I've been unlucky before...

SaintDebi
Club Player

Chances are you'll be fine. Bigger crowd might mean better chance of not being hassled. Like I said it was only randomly checked. Heaven forbid that you would have to fork out again, but maybe have enough cash on you JUST IN CASE you need to buy another ticket. You probably won't, its just a plan B.
Try not to worry too much. That wasn't the point of my post. There's more chance that you WON'T have a problem than that you will.

Saint_Gooner
Club Player

I'm generally a nervous person, will just give me something else to focus on than the minor possibility of us actually losing it tomorrow... I'm sure I'll be fine, I could pass for a high school student easy enough!

undecided
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:
Student ID card?
didn't get one from my school

battye
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Gooner wrote:I'm generally a nervous person, will just give me something else to focus on than the minor possibility of us actually losing it tomorrow... I'm sure I'll be fine, I could pass for a high school student easy enough!
If you are really worried, maybe just take something as proof that you go to TAFE (an acceptance letter or something?) with you.

I'm guessing that anything is better than nothing and if you were unlucky enough to be pulled aside surely the attendants wouldn't be confident enough to refuse you entry if you pulled out some sort of official documentation!

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
SaintDebi
Club Player

undecided wrote:
SaintDebi wrote:
Student ID card?
didn't get one from my school
Student bus pass?
School library card?
I don't know. Battye's idea of some (any) sort of documentation to prove you are a student is good.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

was asked last week. lucky i brought my wallet in with me as opposed to just my membership card - you WILL be asked! be prepared to be asked.

Saint_Gooner
Club Player

battye wrote:
Saint_Gooner wrote:I'm generally a nervous person, will just give me something else to focus on than the minor possibility of us actually losing it tomorrow... I'm sure I'll be fine, I could pass for a high school student easy enough!
If you are really worried, maybe just take something as proof that you go to TAFE (an acceptance letter or something?) with you.

I'm guessing that anything is better than nothing and if you were unlucky enough to be pulled aside surely the attendants wouldn't be confident enough to refuse you entry if you pulled out some sort of official documentation!
Great idea, thanks!! I've grabbed my last results letter, which tells them I'm still enrolled (and did well on my last assignment!)