Healy's article re Straight sets...Worst Nightmare..........

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:No offence plugger66, but what on earth does Gerard have to do with firing up the boys?
I am pretty sure most of them can read. Why did we have a thread a while back suggesting it was bad for us and good for the Cats that they had copped some negative publicity because we were worried it may get them fired up.

Even if that article helps one or two players fire up a fraction more it will not hurt.

The Peanut
Club Player

... we will have to get accustomed to this type of article ... we are quickly turning from being everyones 'second favourite team' into the 'tall poppy'.

It hurts me more to read the St Kilda supporter doomsayers on this site ... What more can a team do ... first of all we 'needed a loss' and now we are 'falling over'.

The up side to this article is that an umpteen thousand magpie supporters will read this article and be left unprepared for the 'truth' tomorrow. :lol:

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The Peanut wrote:... we will have to get accustomed to this type of article ... we are quickly turning from being everyones 'second favourite team' into the 'tall poppy'.

It hurts me more to read the St Kilda supporter doomsayers on this site ... What more can a team do ... first of all we 'needed a loss' and now we are 'falling over'.

The up side to this article is that an umpteen thousand magpie supporters will read this article and be left unprepared for the 'truth' tomorrow. :lol:
Just like how at first we needed to rest players, who cares if we drop a game or two, we're locked in top two.

Now we're paying the price because we flirted with our form and rested players.

Damned if you do, damned if don't in eyes of both the supporters and the media!

Bad management is bad management
kaos theory
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:Oh, save me from the depressives. RTB had one H&A goal - finish top 2. Done and dusted 7 (odd) rounds out. Top spot was an indulgence, but got there a month out.

We've had numerous challenges during the year, and met every goddamn friggin' one. Some wascally wabbits suggest our second half has been poor, cf the first half........BULLSHYTE.

Our best month of footy was rounds 14 - 17. Cats, then they collapsed, to Perth, won with 20 minutes of our best, back home, supposedly ripe for the picking, AND WE PLAYED OUR BEST FORTNIGHT OF FOOTY. Beat Adelaide with the most dominant of performances, followed up with the Dogs, and had both those clubs lauding our capability, not because they were trying to lull us, because they both aspired TO BE US.

Then we went to Tassie, and won. And ya know what?....everyone on our list then knew we were the best side in it because Ross the Boss had told us you win if you listen.

We are cherry ripe. Fit, talented and ready. 4 sides in history have won 20 games in the H&A season and only one has not won the flag (guess who).

People need to acknowledge history, which is judged over a season, not the 3 weeks before the finals when the season's best side has naught to play for. And, when people pay due homage to history, you come up with the same reaction as Malted Milkhouse had last Sunday when he, and his overrated, soft drawn side found themselves facing us.

And, ya know why he was so pissed off? 'Cos he has to play us, and MM knows history. That's why he's playing the ducks and drakes with Rocca (Christ I hope they play him). How will we respond? We won't, because we are the leaders here. Watch us play our own game on Sunday. The effort will be back, and the structures will return. Once those 2 come together, we run games.

Does anyone who genuinely follows this footy club honestly believe what we had up to round 18 (Hawthorn?) is gawn??? Spare me.

In Ross I trust. It's all about effort and I can't wait until Sunday. The effort will be back and when it arrives, contenders will doff their tacky caps to the kings.

Are we clear?

This is the best prepared side we have ever had. It's ours to lose.
Well said TOT.

sainterjo
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:If this article spooks you then you should get out NOW! (weak bastards!)

Love it, Jiggster. :D

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
howlinwolf
Club Player

[/quote]
Just maybe he is trying to fire us up afterall he has picked us to win the flag. If the article was on the pies people would whinge that it was just written to fire them up against us. Why do people have all these conspiracy theories.[/quote]

I don't agree with you often plugger66 but this is what i was thinking as well.

Healy is known to have a soft spot for the Saints and I reckon he's doing his best to remind the team what got us there.

Of course all of this would have been read to the players by the coaching staff.

Let's get back to playing "Saints Footy"

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:No offence plugger66, but what on earth does Gerard have to do with firing up the boys?
Before he played for Melbourne he was a Saints man.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Before he played for Melbourne he was a Saints man.
I am aware of that, I just believe the hunger is there without the reliance on some HS article to be the tonic....