Went for a stroll around Princess Park, guess who I saw...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Went for a stroll around Princess Park, guess who I saw...

The special one - Robert Harvey!

He had just finished his run and was absolutely out on his feet, hunched over, throwing up repeatedly. Not twice, must have thrown up about three times on the spot and then a few more times as he was walking towards the entrance of the stadium. I lost count how many times.

I was about to speak to him and maybe grab a pic but thought better of it when I saw the state he was in.

Answer me this: who goes for an afternoon run and pushes himself to the extent where he needs to throw up afterwards?

Madness. The man knows no other way.

:lol:

reincarnated

Re: Went for a stroll around Princess Park, guess who I saw.

OLB wrote:The special one - Robert Harvey!

He had just finished his run and was absolutely out on his feet, hunched over, throwing up repeatedly. Not twice, must have thrown up about three times on the spot and then a few more times as he was walking towards the entrance of the stadium. I lost count how many times.

I was about to speak to him and maybe grab a pic but thought better of it when I saw the state he was in.

Answer me this: who goes for an afternoon run and pushes himself to the extent where he needs to throw up afterwards?

Madness. The man knows no other way.

Good on him. It great to see he does not want to become like most former footballers and go to proverbial s*** once he does not have to hit the weights or run beep tests anymore

Reincarnated hopes he is doing a good job with Carlton as it makes it more appealling for us if/when he ever wanted to return and we wanted him

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Went for a stroll around Princess Park, guess who I saw.

Not the first time I've seen him around there either.

About a month ago now I was walking down the side of the stadium close to the car park with a mate and he and Robbie Warnock (I think) walked straight past us to their cars.

My mate said quietly, "Look, it's Robert Harvey" and my heart skipped a beat.

I was in awe.

It's love I tell ya.

He's actually trimmed down a fair bit since his playing days.

I run around there often. If I ever see him run alongside me (or surge past me), I've decided that I'm going to do my best to keep up with him like that bloke trying to keep up with Adam Goodes in the Powerade ad. :D

oh when
Club Player

Why is he in Melbourne

How come he's not in Brisbane

reincarnated

Re: Why is he in Melbourne

oh when wrote:How come he's not in Brisbane
He works in a part time role with the Blues. Reincarnated's understanding is that he works with the younger players in a development role. No idea what he really does

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Good on him;)... i saw Stanley today at moorabbin, well it think it was, getting dropped of by some other guys (dunno if they were players) and had a Jeld-Wen bag. He then hopped in to his car!

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Good on him;)... i saw Stanley today at moorabbin, well it think it was, getting dropped of by some other guys (dunno if they were players) and had a Jeld-Wen bag. He then hopped in to his car!
Rent boy?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Why is he in Melbourne

oh when wrote:How come he's not in Brisbane
Not too sure why. If he was going you would think he flew with the rest of the side.

Unless Carlton flew out last night in which case he could've still gone with them

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

He wasn't throwing up because he was running to hard.....

He just saw a picture of himself in a Carlton Polo.....it would make anyone sick.