Who do we draft?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thompson4
Club Player

Who do we draft?

And do we trade our first round pick this year? Hawthorn are prepared to trade theirs they've stateed.

Andrew Thompson - The most underrated player in the AFL
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Danyle Pearce from Port Adelaide and bloody oath we give them our first round draft pick for him (plus something/someone else.) Much rather get him than Jordan McMahon. Hopefully our first round draft pick will be about pick 17, which is like pick 30 (or more) in some previous (better) drafts, apparently.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
reincarnated

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Danyle Pearce from Port Adelaide and bloody oath we give them our first round draft pick for him (plus something/someone else.) Much rather get him than Jordan McMahon. Hopefully our first round draft pick will be about pick 17, which is like pick 30 (or more) in some previous (better) drafts, apparently.
Reincarnated has voiced displeasure at the possibility of McMahon coming over. He/she/gt has issued threats that funding will cease from the Reincarnated's should 'Jordy pussy pants' head over to us regardless of how much of his wage the Tigers are going to pay

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

It wouldn't show much confidence in the X man getting back in if we got McMahon, would it?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
xander
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:Danyle Pearce from Port Adelaide and bloody oath we give them our first round draft pick for him (plus something/someone else.) Much rather get him than Jordan McMahon. Hopefully our first round draft pick will be about pick 17, which is like pick 30 (or more) in some previous (better) drafts, apparently.
i agree completely imo theres no reason not to put our 1st rounder on the table. Maybe look at Daniel Wells, i doubt north would trade him but we should still offer 1st pick + player imo

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lets just trade for the best players. Dont worry that we will have no money on the salary cap. People want to keep Goose, Bally and a couple of others but also want to get very good players. To get good players you need to lose good players when you are on the salary cap limit. If we trade it will be for fringe players.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Draft Key Tall.

Next.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Lets just trade for the best players. Dont worry that we will have no money on the salary cap. People want to keep Goose, Bally and a couple of others but also want to get very good players. To get good players you need to lose good players when you are on the salary cap limit. If we trade it will be for fringe players.
Who were the good players we traded for King, Schneider, Dempster, Ray, Gadiner and Zack?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Lets just trade for the best players. Dont worry that we will have no money on the salary cap. People want to keep Goose, Bally and a couple of others but also want to get very good players. To get good players you need to lose good players when you are on the salary cap limit. If we trade it will be for fringe players.
Who were the good players we traded for King, Schneider, Dempster, Ray, Gadiner and Zack?
Sorry didnt realise we had won 20 out of 22 then and also doubt any of them were on big money. Apart from Schneider they were all fringe players. thanks for backing up my point

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Sorry didnt realise we had won 20 out of 22 then and also doubt any of them were on big money. Apart from Schneider they were all fringe players. thanks for backing up my point
What are you drinking tonight, plugger?
Weren't 3 of them AAs?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
What are you drinking tonight, plugger?
Weren't 3 of them AAs?
So you honestly think King and MG were on big money when we got them. I will have a guess that they werent but if that is the best you have, then you obviosly dont have much. King was pick 3000 when we got him, that suggests he wasnt earning much and MG was basically kicked out of WCE. If i am drinking you have the needle out.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger, what has winning 20 out of 22 and what players are being paid got to do with the OP?

Obviously you're right as usual. It's just that I'm not sure what you're right about.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:plugger, what has winning 20 out of 22 and what players are being paid got to do with the OP?

Obviously you're right as usual. It's just that I'm not sure what you're right about.
Winning 20 out of 22 has plenty to do with what they ask for. Players ask for more in successful sides. i thought you may have worked that out. Why arent you mentioning the AA we recruited. New tack this time. Keep them coming but the point is we either trade away good players to get good players or we get a fringe player because we will have no money in the salary cap. Not a matter of me being right, just a matter of following football like I would expect someone like you to do because even though we may have the odd arguement you seem to have a footy brain.

Wigsy
Club Player

Yes, another pacey, but both in and out mid would be nice. I'm still keen on that third/fourth target up forward. Doesn't need to be a tall, but another genuine goalkicker to release the pressure on Roo/Kosi/Milne. That's all theory, though, as someone needs to become available. Recent trading by the Saints has clearly been very clever. We have very very little young untapped talent compared to some, but still the signs from McEvoy, Armi, Steven, Stanley, Steven again, Lynch etc have been terrific. We have some, but we're just not necessarily showcasing it just yet!

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)