SC Members GF Ticket Letter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
GreatNo9s wrote:Has anyone actually confirmed that the Club has removed the Foundation SC entitlements ?

Or as usual have you all just worked yourselves into a lather because someone deemed that it is fact ?

:roll:

Great bunch of supporters :roll:

20-2 for the season and you're still potting the Club

I just don't get the thinking on here :roll:
Yeah spot on.

I think you lot should stop panicking - social club members will be catered for.

What's more important - where you sit or the fact you can get a ticket to the game?

Why don't one of you chicken littles ring the Club and find out instead of speculating and whingeing. It's worse than a mothers club meeting in here!

It's not that hard really.
chicken littles??
what your problem?
why start with that shite?....
we're asking f****** questions here pal and people that might be a bit worried are called Chicken Littles????
id call u a pompas chcken idiot but im not low enough to stoop from my coop

good work maxstar
see not hard to have a decent convo and figure and come to a conclusion is it perkyguenrsey

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

While everyone is getting their knickers in a knot over seats v standing room can I offer another stat!

When we all got the email re: September Saints it mentioned that AFL records suggest that only about 80% of SC members take up the GF ticket offer, hence the development of the September Saint option.

So if that occurs again, everyone who wants a seat should be able to access one, as well as a number of September Saint members.

As a SC member who has been on & off with SC membership due to financial constraints, I think it's a bit unfair to

I'm sure there'll be exceptions to this as there always are.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

GreatNo9s wrote:

Has anyone actually confirmed that the Club has removed the Foundation SC entitlements ? :
Yes I rang the club at the start of the season...and was told that there are no benefits for beinga Foundation Member ...aprt from having it stated on my Membership Card.

Naturally the Club could re-instate benefits, or create new benefits. But at the start of this season when I asked there were none.
GreatNo9s wrote:

Or as usual have you all just worked yourselves into a lather because someone deemed that it is fact ? :
Pardon. "As usual."???

When have I NOT BEEN FACTUAL!!!
Your comment is ill-considered and uncalled for.

I have provided a CONSTRUCTIVE suggestion which I believe would INCREASE revenue to the Saints and reward loyalty at the same time.

GreatNo9s wrote:

Great bunch of supporters :roll:

20-2 for the season and you're still potting the Club

I just don't get the thinking on here :roll:

As for being a "great supporter"..I have been a SC Member for 3 decades through thick and thin.

Amongst the many games that I have attended, I ATTENDED three 100 point thrashings in a row, all attended with full knowledge that we would cop beltings...and I can tell you that there were not many other Saints fans there. Where were you back then?

I have hardly missed a game in Melbourne over the lat 3 decades and have gone toa few interstae ones too.

I BOUGHT shares in the Saints to stop them going under.

Unlike some I am not a bandwagon supporter....only here for the good years.

IMO it is not a big ask for the Club to deliver what was promised..that those that KEEP SC Memberships for the long-term get priority access to GF tickets.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

still no email btw
yet they sent me the interstate email offer for packages :?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
that barks barcode
When I first joined the SC you got a medallion with your number indented on the back.

It was YOUR number and you had it each year....then one year they just wiped it and everyone got large meaningless numbers.

It may have been a small thing...but it was just one of many things that back then maded the SOCIAL Club membership an actual scocial club membership.

Back then I used watched training on a Thrursday,...enjoyed a game of Squash (SC Member entitlement)....then had a few beers and a meal in Social Club Bistro while waiting for the TEAM Selections to be read out to Social Club Members FIRST before they went out to all and sundry including the media.

Again hearing team selections first is a small thing...but again it made you feel valued and made it feel likea a CLUB.

Back then being a Social Club Member actually meant something. You belonged and had that CLUB feeling. You were a MEMBER and the place had soul.

Today it has basically degenerated into a priority GF Ticket access scheme.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 03 Sep 2009 1:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Picked up my letter in the mail this morning. I thought it was reasonably well explained. I have no doubt if you apply for a seat, we will be seated ! No way all 11,500 will apply anyway.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
that barks barcode
When I first joined the SC you got a medallion with your number indented on the back.

It was YOUR number and you had it each year....then one year they just wiped it and everyone got large meaningless numbers.

It may have beena small thing...but it was just one of many things that back then maded the SOCCIAL Club membersghip an actual scocial club membership.

Back then I used watch training on a Thrursday, followed by a game of Squash (SC Member entitlement)....then havea few beers and a meal in Social Club Bistro while waiting for the TEAM Selections to be read out to Social Club Members FIRST before they went out to all and sundret including the media.

Back then being a Social Club Member actually meant something. You belonged and had that CLUB feeling. You were a MEMBER and the place had soul.

well bloody said

strength thru loyalty they reckon??
and yeah of course i became a SC member to get a GF chance...and ill never not be a sc member again.
but long term SC'ers should be giving 100% priority treatment.
youd think outta all those barcodes that will get registered it could somehow recognise a length of SC membership.
anyhoo
im off to check the p.o.box.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Picked up my letter in the mail this morning. I thought it was reasonably well explained. I have no doubt if you apply for a seat, we will be seated ! No way all 11,500 will apply anyway.
why not? it'll be pretty close, at least, i reckon. having paid for the membership, people will want to use it to its fullest.

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:chicken littles??
what your problem?
we're asking f****** questions here pal and people that might be a bit worried are called Chicken Littles????

good work maxstar
see not hard to have a decent convo and figure and come to a conclusion is it perkyguenrsey
Obviously doesn't apply to yourself with the above crack.

All I was trying to point out is that people tend to dwell on things and speculate about issues on this forum. Always expecting the worse around here.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

what your problem?

good work maxstar

All I was trying to point out is that people tend to dwell on things and speculate about issues on this forum. Always expecting the worse around here.
human beings
some people panic
id rather ask a thousand questions and get the facts (or what we believe to be facts)
apologies for being abrupt

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

Until the G holds 200,000 this is always going to be a problem. It's unfair to blame it all on the club. They can only distribute the tickets they are allocated by the AFL. Every other club is in exactly the same position.
There is no perfect solution. If we give priority to people who have been members for 10 years does that mean someone who's been a member for 20 years should have more preferential treatment or that someone who's only been a member for 9 years misses out because they were 12 months late?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

letter was in the mailbox
after all the hooharr it was pretty straight forward and easy to understand
obviously 'best avl ticket' is the option to choose

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The issue is that the tickets are handled by Ticketmaster who could not give a rats tossbag about whether you're a loyal long time Social Club member or a johnny come lately!

It's wrong, but I'm not sure what the club can do in relation to this!

I suppose it gets even more complicated when a group of 8 includes social club members of more than twenty years and a couple who only joined two months ago, so there are no easy solutions!

The one non negotiable though should be everyone gets a seat!

Again this is controlled by the AFL and this is where it gets disgraceful, that corporates and packages are prioritized over loyal social club members.

Apparently the club is at the moment getting 11,500 seats, but the standing room option is an insurance in case the AFL at the last minute decide to pull some seats away from the clubs allocation, replacing them with standing room so as to use these seats for more corporates!

11,500 seats for starters for a competing clubs members is a pathetic level to start with,

each club should be given at least 20,000 seats for it's members and the AFL have the gall to call this the people's game!

The bottomline is though it would be highly unlikely that any standing room tickets will be allocated amongst those $11,500, more just an insurance in case the AFL switch some seats to standing room at the last minute.

That's the best of my understanding after having called the club!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Best available option:-

Not addressed in the clubs mail out,

stating the obvious, just to clarify

Social club members still choose which seat category they want the best available option from,

Seating Category Adult Concession

Standard $161 $108

Prime $213 $145

Premium $245 $167

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:
what your problem?

good work maxstar

human beings
some people panic
id rather ask a thousand questions and get the facts (or what we believe to be facts)
apologies for being abrupt
No worries :)

gosaintas
Club Player

It will be fine. I am a social club/foundation member and will be using my MCC membership to go to the GF. So are quite a few of my friends and family. I'm sure there are AFL members amoung us who will use their AFL memberships for tickets. Probably a few corporates and medallion club members in the same position...there will be plenty of seats for SC members

66 Saints
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
that barks barcode

It may have been a small thing...but it was just one of many things that back then maded the SOCIAL Club membership an actual scocial club membership.

Back then I used watched training on a Thrursday,...enjoyed a game of Squash (SC Member entitlement)....then had a few beers and a meal in Social Club Bistro while waiting for the TEAM Selections to be read out to Social Club Members FIRST before they went out to all and sundry including the media.

Again hearing team selections first is a small thing...but again it made you feel valued and made it feel likea a CLUB.

my god some people are precious. If you've been a social club member for 3 decades you are obviously old enough to know whinging is not becoming. unless 3 decades means 89 to 2009 being 20 years and you were signed up at birth, soon you can say 4 decades and really be someone.
do you think that because you've had a few beers and meals somewhere that you are more deserving of anyone else?
wake up to the fact you are one of thousands. if you were anyone important you wouldn't be moaning on an internet forum.
I grew up in country victoria. I never played squash or ate a meal at the club but grew up listening to the radio each Saturday afternoon for either a live call or updates of the saints games. I was brought up a saints supporter by a father who grew up in Stkilda whose own father used to drive 30 odd neighbourhood kids to each game on the back of his truck. I haven't been a social club member for 3 decades but I have been for as long as I could afford.
Because you were able to get to Moorabin makes you more important?
If you want to be someone go down to your local club and make a difference, get involved on the committee, be a goal umpire, do something, don't big note yourself on an internet forum that you are more important than anyone else. Who give a sh!t if its used as a grand final access scheme, the real social club members have been social club members for years and still get a ticket, other supporters who for a variety of reason haven't in the past get the opportunity to take up a social club membership to get a ticket. If you think your entitled to something more becuase of your '3 decades' makes you part of the 'soul' then you really should get out more. Apologies for not highlighting my big important points in bold.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

nothing in the mail yet....

how slow are these mailouts...

I'm going to have to ring them tomorrow to make sure i'm on the list..

yes Michael...i'm pretty sure they have the right address..... :lol: :lol:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Very VERY good time not to hand out the wrong one ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

66 Saints wrote:
my god some people are precious.

If you've been a social club member for 3 decades you are obviously old enough to know whinging is not becoming.
Do you need a mirror?

As opposed to your post? Oh I see you are allowed to whinge...let me kiss your feet oh worthy one...

The point I made was that the Club introduced a system for priority access and then have reneged on it. This was to all. I repeat to all and not just I.

My apologies that this is too simple a point for you to understand.

66 Saints wrote:
If you want to be someone go down to your local club and make a difference, get involved on the committee, be a goal umpire, do something, don't big note yourself on an internet forum that you are more important than anyone else. .
Ok sunshine..YES I do donate my time each and every week to a youth group. Big deal most people in Australia donate their time to one group or another.

Oh...and I don't do this to be "someone" as you put it. I do it because it is a worthy and enjoyable thing to do.

So sorry to pull the rug out from under your baseless rant.

At that is 31 years as a SC Adult Member.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Don't bother with that poster sRr...

I am a new Social Club Member and I know exactly where you are coming from.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

At that is 31 years as a SC Adult Member.
You've got my respect sRs, it's for people like you that we have a football club to support!

You sign up regardless of ladder position, anyone who does this has my respect!

I know of a few people who only signed up two months ago and ONLY because we are a chance to play in a Grand Final!

No preference is given and IMO that is wrong, but with Ticketmaster fast tracking /processing tickets on a randomized basis, it's what we have to put up with until hopefully one day loyalty actually means something and even big business ticket agencies can liason with a pro-active football club to remedy this situation.

p.s You're also very footy savvy, someone with a FAIR DINKUM clue, keep trying to educate the nuff nuffs

:wink:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I admit it, I am one of those people you all hate, because I've signed up this year and upgraded after the Collingwood match I think, just because I have never even been to a Grand Final and I figured since I'm not down for MCC or AFL members or anything, this was my only chance.

So I admit, I'm one of those undeserving pricks who is scamming tickets this year - but at least I have the plums to get on here and admit i don't deserve to be there!

benengel14
Club Player

barks4eva wrote: I know of a few people who only signed up two months ago and ONLY because we are a chance to play in a Grand Final!
OneEyed - don't buy into this "holier than thou" - I'm a better supporter than you crap because I've had 30 "tea and biscuit" years of experience at the clubhouse.

The club has an explicit policy from the start of the year that if you wanted to access a Grand Final ticket you needed to fork out $125 extra. Which is significantly cheaper than what my Collignwood friend had to fork out for their equivalent SC program.
If the club wanted to promote the social club payments as anything more than a "bribe" for preferential treatment in GF access - they'd be attempts at some sort of recognition/benefits to members. But there is none - like pokies revenue - its pretty much a shameless exercise to help the bottom line.

I dont know where people got the idea that social club gave them 70 virgins, or that there was some requirement that they martyr themselves for the sake of the club - its simply $125 for access to a GF scheme and access to purchase Level 2 reserved seats.
--- If this upsets you, your beef is not with those who signed up to the scheme but with the club.

Quite a few here decided to do the usual meltdown/sky is falling routine usually reserved for Tribunal threads. When all you just needed to look at the facts and interpret in the most rational way possible.
- 20% of GF entitled members don't even make use of the tickets on past AFL experience.
- All entrants to GF registration system are randomised and have equal opportunity.
"when registering, members can elect to accept standing room should these be the only tickets available when your application is reached" = surely ANYONE who has read that would walk away with the clear understanding that where "standing room" is the only tickets available - it is up to you to decide whether this is acceptable.

If you reject standing room WHEN "these are the only tickets available when your application is reached", then surely the only conclusion one can draw is that you miss out.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I admit it, I am one of those people you all hate, because I've signed up this year and upgraded after the Collingwood match I think, just because I have never even been to a Grand Final and I figured since I'm not down for MCC or AFL members or anything, this was my only chance.

So I admit, I'm one of those undeserving pricks who is scamming tickets this year - but at least I have the plums to get on here and admit i don't deserve to be there!
No I don't have a problem with people joining this year.
Why would you not?

My issue was that there was meant to be recognition for retaining your SC Membership, but this has now been abandoned.