Pathetic ticketek

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Had 7 tickets to AFL members by 9.05. Maybe you need broadband for it to work properly.
Nothing like rubbing it in!

Were any of those 7 guest passes?
2 guest passes.
2 less AFL members who got tickets! What another moronic decision from the AFL! No doubt they will say. "Oh, we had no idea there would be such demand!" They would be more accurate saying, "Oh, we had no idea!"
So they will all be sold out? I should have got 3 more but the ones I would have got them for had free tickets anyway in the AFL members.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Had 7 tickets to AFL members by 9.05. Maybe you need broadband for it to work properly.

2 guest passes.
2 less AFL members who got tickets! What another moronic decision from the AFL! No doubt they will say. "Oh, we had no idea there would be such demand!" They would be more accurate saying, "Oh, we had no idea!"
So they will all be sold out? I should have got 3 more but the ones I would have got them for had free tickets anyway in the AFL members.
I believe the entire AFL reserve seating and standing room tickets are exhausted.

Edit - May have misread your post, thought you were genuinely asking a question not answering a question with a question?
Last edited by SaintBot on Tue 01 Sep 2009 10:11pm, edited 2 times in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

2 guest passes.
Um..both AFL and MCC Members offer visitor passes for the first 3 weeks of the finals..for the very good reason that neither reserve would fill completely with just members and no guests..theres only one day of the year that happens

Yeah that ticketek site is a bit confusing. I used it yesterday to get my tix and today to gets some friends AFL Member tix to both games. It doesnt let you "hold" a booking and try for other seats. the "look for more tix" option is in addition to what you already have, not an alternative to

I too had gremlins getting the AFL member tix...as the site kept saying Levels N and P were available, then saying no tix were available there.

Oh..and perhaps a reason the AFL Members areas fill so quickly is that you can do 16 tix in a transaction....more than the 8 you can do with normal Club member bookings

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:...Um..both AFL and MCC Members offer visitor passes for the first 3 weeks of the finals..for the very good reason that neither reserve would fill completely with just members and no guests..theres only one day of the year that happens
Where did you get that stupid idea from? The AFL members area was sold out today by 11am with thousands of AFL members left without a ticket, many of whom are Saints Club Supporters. The reason, for those who are complete morons, has to do with the number of AFL members who are Collingwood Club Support members, an issue that the AFL was well aware of before they made their decision. They decided to give Collingwood Club Support Members, at the behest of the Collingwood FC, the benefit of bringing a mate ie a fellow Collingwood supporter, above the rights of an actual AFL member, especially a Saints Supporter AFL member, despite the advice of some in the AFL. I never cease to be amazed at the naivete of those who think they know something in our society.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
saint66au wrote:...Um..both AFL and MCC Members offer visitor passes for the first 3 weeks of the finals..for the very good reason that neither reserve would fill completely with just members and no guests..theres only one day of the year that happens
Where did you get that stupid idea from? The AFL members area was sold out today by 11am with thousands of AFL members left without a ticket, many of whom are Saints Club Supporters. The reason, for those who are complete morons, has to do with the number of AFL members who are Collingwood Club Support members, an issue that the AFL was well aware of before they made their decision. They decided to give Collingwood Club Support Members, at the behest of the Collingwood FC, the benefit of bringing a mate ie a fellow Collingwood supporter, above the rights of an actual AFL member, especially a Saints Supporter AFL member, despite the advice of some in the AFL. I never cease to be amazed at the naivete of those who think they know something in our society.
So only saints members missed out and only Pies members bought visitor tickets.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
I would have thought that even someone of your intellect would have appreciated the concept of proportionality. It is 10 to one, according to the AFL, which is not surprising seeing it is their home ground and not ours, amongst other things,

hellorocky
Club Player

I hope we beat those ******** as I don't think I could cope going through website again. 5 hours, got to checkout 3 times, put visa details in and waited 20 minutes before being timed out :evil:

could not get through on phone at all

eventually borrowed laptop and got them in 5 minutes.

I could have gone to outlet but was expecting a very busy day at work so didn't take actual tickets with me as had no probs previous years with TM.

In the morning there was only the option of selecting standard/prime/premium etc. In the afternoon the different stands were also available - Southern/Ponsford/Olympic etc. Took 1st option and got in 35 undercover, so quite happy with that in the end

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
I would have thought that even someone of your intellect would have appreciated the concept of proportionality. It is 10 to one, according to the AFL, which is not surprising seeing it is their home ground and not ours, amongst other things,
And I would have thought anyone with even a small brain realises if it is one in ten which I doubt anyway also realises that Saints members that miss out would be one to the pies ten.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

so basically because collingwood have more members:
when afl members who were pies members bought tickets today they were allowed to get an extra one for a mate who is a pies member but not an afl member...yet afl members who are also saints members were not allowed this luxury because their club has less members?

well thats pretty farking rude if thats it

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:...And I would have thought anyone with even a small brain realises if it is one in ten which I doubt anyway also realises that Saints members that miss out would be one to the pies ten.
Ignoring the fact that we would almost need a trained cryptologist to translate what you said, the point was about guest passes. The more AFL members, the more guest passes will be acquired. The Collingwood Club Support members were able to eat into the AFL allocation far more quickly than the other participating club. If no guest passes were available then all Club Support members could have been accommodated. This ain't news. Anyone who has attended a final with Collingwood participation would know this. Because you simply choose to be obtuse, like in most posts, does not alter the facts.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
OK...finished??? :roll:

Firstly an apology..I didnt realise the AFL reserve was sold out ..so for that I apologise

But..where on Earth did you get the idea that handing out Guest Passes was at "the behest of the Collingwood FC"???? The guest passes sold out an hour prior to the reserve selling out (yes I checked) so not everyone got their Magpie mate in

Everyone had equal dibs on the tickets..first in best dressed..but the unfortunate fact is that there are more Pies fans than Saints fans out there in the big wide world, so there will be more Pies fans in there on Snnday. Sux to be us but thats life

Lastly..you could book 16 tix at a time in there...so look for just a few tix turning up on Ebay as some people try to get their money back selling unwanted tickets. Its common knowledge that plenty of people who sit in there Sunday wont be the AFL Members who bought the tickets...you just have a paper ticket...noone ever asks you for your Membership Card and ID except on GF day

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:...And I would have thought anyone with even a small brain realises if it is one in ten which I doubt anyway also realises that Saints members that miss out would be one to the pies ten.
Ignoring the fact that we would almost need a trained cryptologist to translate what you said, the point was about guest passes. The more AFL members, the more guest passes will be acquired. The Collingwood Club Support members were able to eat into the AFL allocation far more quickly than the other participating club. If no guest passes were available then all Club Support members could have been accommodated. This ain't news. Anyone who has attended a final with Collingwood participation would know this. Because you simply choose to be obtuse, like in most posts, does not alter the facts.
You really do not understand maths do you. If they have 10 to our one members which I believe is totally wrong, then when the AFL sells out the pies members that miss out will be 10 to our one. yes eelling visitor tickets does mean a few of our members will miss out which isnt good but more pies members will miss out which is good.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:so basically because collingwood have more members:
when afl members who were pies members bought tickets today they were allowed to get an extra one for a mate who is a pies member but not an afl member...yet afl members who are also saints members were not allowed this luxury because their club has less members?

No! Saints AFL members could also get guest passes, as I did.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

Dont tell perfectionist.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:
You really do not understand maths do you. If they have 10 to our one members which I believe is totally wrong, then when the AFL sells out the pies members that miss out will be 10 to our one. yes eelling visitor tickets does mean a few of our members will miss out which isnt good but more pies members will miss out which is good.
Thank you :-)

The only advantage Collingwood got was the simple fact that there are more Pies fans out there than Saints fans...and that happens every time Collingwood plays anyone except Essendon

If by chance we end up playing them again in the GF...there will STILL be more Pies fans than Saints fans in there without any of those nasty guest passes. The upside of course is that out in the public areas...they get exactly the same amount of tix as us (AFAIK) so the bleating from their members who miss out wil be far louder than ours!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:

ta
F*** me i got lost in amongst the dribble

Richter
SS Life Member

Bernard Shakey wrote:Ticketek much better than Ticketmaster.

I got 4 tickets by 9.02 this morning and had choice of the whole AFL Members area. Last year took 45 minutes and finished up with 2nd last row top deck of the Southern Stand.
You were lucky. For mine much worse than ticketmaster.

At least with ticketmaster you could wait in the queue on the phone. Ticketek just showed up as number busy.

Unfortunately I am simply going to be unable to buy the tickets I am entitled to with my AFL membership.

Never mind, at least my shares went up today!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Give me ticketmaster anyday - that was a joke. Frozen for 1.5 hrs and in the end got through on the phone.

“Yeah….nah””
Wigsy
Club Player

Nope, no good, devastated. I was at work and wasn't able to log-in or call - my wife was also at work and had tried for most of the morning without luck until I received that fateful text message!

Can anyone fill me in on the actual process for GF tickets? Do we go into a ballot? I'm still confident of nabbing one through my AFL membership (through a good few days of queueing), but I'm wondering if there is another alternative to that as well?

2009 - the year of the Saint (modified name from MasonCJ2)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Wigsy wrote:Nope, no good, devastated. I was at work and wasn't able to log-in or call - my wife was also at work and had tried for most of the morning without luck until I received that fateful text message!

Can anyone fill me in on the actual process for GF tickets? Do we go into a ballot? I'm still confident of nabbing one through my AFL membership (through a good few days of queueing), but I'm wondering if there is another alternative to that as well?
http://www.saints.com.au/september%20sa ... fault.aspx

an option for ballot (as long as 11 or 16 game member)
8-)

marksnsparks
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:
Wigsy wrote:Nope, no good, devastated. I was at work and wasn't able to log-in or call - my wife was also at work and had tried for most of the morning without luck until I received that fateful text message!

8-)
Sorry, had to have your form in by August 28th. :(

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Those complaining about having to work and whatever should be able to make some sort of arrangement to get tickets. All you need is the barcode numbers.

I got 4 AFL members tickets and one guest pass. All five of us were either lining up, on the internet or on the phone. You can't leave finals to chance.

In years gone by we used to queue overnight at Moorabbin in the freezing cold.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
matrix
Saintsational Legend

marksnsparks wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:

8-)
Sorry, had to have your form in by August 28th. :(
doesnt effect me
but damn....only saw it yesterdayish :?

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 9:25pm, edited 1 time in total.