SC Members GF Ticket Letter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Im pretty sure the AFL come out with their seating plan to the public usually very close to the public.....

Whether it has been 'garranteed' behind closed doors is realistic....but i do remember it being some sort of an announcement closer to the GF in years gone past.......

Anyways maybe I am just being overly paranoid about getting f***ed over.... 8-)

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:My thoughts too Raven.

I'm a bit confused about the standing room bit...

I thought that by becoming a SC member, it guaranteed you a SEAT at the GF (if we made it). If so, we shouldn't need the standing option.
Am I now to understand SC'ers are only guaranteed ENTRY?
I don't think my dear old mum will wanna stand and I'd rather watch it on tele than stand up the back.

Is it possible we wont be allocated enough SEATS to cover all the SC members?

Please explain - someone that knows.
From my understanding only Foundation SC Members are guaranteed a seat other SC members get remaining tickets before remaining tickets are offered to ordinary members.

Does foundation club social status still exist?

The Bug
Club Player

I re-read the letter and this section again:

"members can elect to accept standing room should these be the only tickets available when you application is reached"

so if your excluding standing room, it reads to me that you don't get anything. :x :( :( :(

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Spinner wrote:

I thought that by becoming a SC member, it guaranteed you a SEAT at the GF (if we made it). If so, we shouldn't need the standing option.
I don't think my dear old mum will wanna stand and I'd rather watch it on tele than stand up the back.

From my understanding only Foundation SC Members are guaranteed a seat other SC members get remaining tickets before remaining tickets are offered to ordinary members.

Does foundation club social status still exist?
I am one and haven't been informed if it has been ceased. It was designed for the purpose to ensure the long term (before 2004) SC member do get GF tickets.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

As far as I am aware Foundation is still there...but it now has no bearing on GF ticket allocation.

It did when GF to competing clubs were assigned pr-rata.

But with a fixed allocation now..unfortunately the Club does not care....they are happy to give a SC to anyone that pays this year regardless if they have ever been a SC Member or will remain one.

Personally I think it is poor form for the club to have so quickly abandonded Foundation SC Members who were told they would have priority.

there is now no incentive re tickets for people to stay SC Members...when you can just cherry pick in the good years.

IMO the Club is short sighted in this

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:As far as I am aware Foundation is still there...but it now has no bearing on GF ticket allocation.

It did when GF to competing clubs were assigned pr-rata.

But with a fixed allocation now..unfortunately the Club does not care....they are happy to give a SC to anyone that pays this year regardless if they have ever been a SC Member or will remain one.

Personally I think it is poor form for the club to have so quickly abandonded Foundation SC Members who were told they would have priority.

there is now no incentive re tickets for people to stay SC Members...when you can just cherry pick in the good years.

IMO the Club is short sighted in this

My family are Social Club Member this year (3), but I agree with you and all others that have been Social Club Members for YEARS...

I must say that I would feel a little guilty if my family get seats and some Foundation Members have to stand, but in saying that, it's really up to the Club.

The way I read it is that ALL Social Club Members are treated the same, hence we all received the same letter and ticketmaster and ticketek will not know the difference.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

It's a FAIR DINKUM disgrace,

I know of Social Club members who have been Social club members for over twenty years, I myself have bought two Social Club memberships for the past 12 years,

I also know a few people who only joined up as a Social Club member this year a couple of months ago just before the 11,500 figure was reached because we looked like a good chance of making the Grand Final,

All are treated the same, it's a joke, no priority given to anyone for their long standing loyalty,

randomized selection, FAIR DINKUM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hypothetical:-
So an 80yo member of 30 years plus gets shafted and gets a standing room ticket while a bandwagon jumper who only upgraded in June because we were on top of the ladder gets a comfy seat, could be just one scenario of this nonsense, where once again members, this time loyal Social Club members are treated with absolute contempt,

Why should Social Club members of more than 10 years be put in a raffle with those that only joined up two months ago for one reason only (absolutely nothing to do with loyalty) with an equal chance of getting given standing room tickets or none at all if you choose to not tick that option,

This is total bullshyte, so much for Foundation status, so much for rewarding LOYALTY, what an absolute joke! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FAIR DINKUM

Ringing the club tomorrow, I will certainly be telling them what I think about this bullshyte arrangement that smacks of convenience,

We as members are asked to dig deeper and I've been buying two Social Club memberships for over ten years, the extra one just my way of digging deeper, but it seems that it's too much to ask to have a system by which longer standing members actually get rewarded,

Imagine 70 and 80 yo, social club members for over 20 years being offered standing room tickets,

FAIR DINKUM!

:evil:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:It's a FAIR DINKUM disgrace,

I know of Social Club members who have been Social club members for over twenty years, I myself have bought two Social Club memberships for the past 12 years,

I also know a few people who only joined up as a Social Club member this year a couple of months ago just before the 11,500 figure was reached because we looked like a good chance of making the Grand Final,

All are treated the same, it's a joke, no priority given to anyone for their long standing loyalty,

randomized selection, FAIR DINKUM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hypothetical:-
So an 80yo member of 30 years plus gets shafted and gets a standing room ticket while a bandwagon jumper who only upgraded in June because we were on top of the ladder gets a comfy seat, could be just one scenario of this nonsense, where once again members, this time loyal Social Club members are treated with absolute contempt,

Why should Social Club members of more than 10 years be put in a raffle with those that only joined up two months ago for one reason only (absolutely nothing to do with loyalty) with an equal chance of getting given standing room tickets or none at all if you choose to not tick that option,

This is total bullshyte, so much for Foundation status, so much for rewarding LOYALTY, what an absolute joke! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FAIR DINKUM

Ringing the club tomorrow, I will certainly be telling them what I think about this bullshyte arrangement that smacks of convenience,

We as members are asked to dig deeper and I've been buying two Social Club memberships for over ten years, the extra one just my way of digging deeper, but it seems that it's too much to ask to have a system by which longer standing members actually get rewarded,

Imagine 70 and 80 yo, social club members for over 20 years being offered standing room tickets,

FAIR DINKUM!

:evil:
I agree with you b4e as I did with SrR...

It seems to me that the Club is maximising on profits and the increase in Social Club Membership is great for the Club....

But, IF we make the GF this year, most will be happy with the arrangements made by the Club.

Maybe in future years IF we make a GF again, the number of seating allocation would be smaller and that's when the Foundation Social Club Membership will have the priority...

This is only a guess, but why have the honour of being a Foundation Member if it means JACK??

Again, maybe the Club thinks that in future there will be less seating allocation. But that does not help those this year.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
farquhar
Club Player

I am a foundation social club member because as such as I was guaranteed a grand final ticket.

If the foundation part of it has been scrapped then I feel hoodwinked because that was part of the marketing.

The club even sent out stat decs last year to confirm which year you joined as a member.

If the foundation aspect has been removed, was this purely to embroider hats and scarves?

Time for goal-kicking practice
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

farquhar wrote:I am a foundation social club member because as such as I was guaranteed a grand final ticket.

If the foundation part of it has been scrapped then I feel hoodwinked because that was part of the marketing.

The club even sent out stat decs last year to confirm which year you joined as a member.

If the foundation aspect has been removed, was this purely to embroider hats and scarves?
Two things have changed since FOundation membership was introduced

1. The Butterrss Administration is gone

2. The AFL have changed GF ticket allocation from Pro-rata to a set number

The only relevance it could have now is to give the "better" seats to Foundation members...but I dont think TM's computer could handle that

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
mich13
Club Player

This is what it should be, but I think its now just a random allocation around all socialclub members who register. The foundation part is now just a 'title' on the membership card.

"You can get more money elsewhere, but [St Kilda] is our home, we love it to death, so why would you want to leave?"

- Nick Dal Santo 21 Jun 2005
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

mich13 wrote:
The foundation part is now just a 'title' on the membership card.
Indeed.

In a decade I will still be a SC Member.
Many who joined this year will not be...unless we are looking good for the flag that year.

I fully understand why people have joined this year...but again think it is poor that the Club has removed the reward for being a Foundation...or longterm SC Member.

It could be something like if you are a SC for 5 or more years you get prioirty...

That way someone joining this year has an incentive to stay in long term.....which in term should raise more $$$ for the Club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
GreatNo9s
Club Player

Has anyone actually confirmed that the Club has removed the Foundation SC entitlements ?

Or as usual have you all just worked yourselves into a lather because someone deemed that it is fact ?

:roll:

Great bunch of supporters :roll:

20-2 for the season and you're still potting the Club

I just don't get the thinking on here :roll:

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think a lot of peeps are confused and i put myself in the same boat

some people are thinking they are a social club member so they get a ticket automatically....thats not the case
the first 11,500 people that became social club members THIS YEAR get a ticket, and yup im guessing a ticket is just that..A TICKET (like someone else said, sorry cant remembr who, 'its not a seat, its entry and a ticket')
this is correct so far im presuming???

September Saint is a registration process of your membership number if u ARENT a social club member, just in case any of the 11500 social club members do not want a ticket (for whatever reason)
this is correct im presuming????

now the whole 'do i tick the box thats marked standing room' for social club members when we do it on wednesday (after we beat the pies :) ) is a bit cloudy i reckon.

and i totally see where barks beef is here...
why should i have pref over someone that has been a social club member for 10, 20 years??
i shouldnt
i would have thought that barks barcode as well as many of the peeps on here would be a lower number than mine as he/they first did social club yeeeeeears ago...so you would think that when we both register it recognizes that his number is lower and therefore he gets pref over where he wants to watch the game from.....we both get tickets as we are amongst the 11500 social club memebrs that DEF get tickets, except that he gets the first choice...and rightly bloody so, all members who have been with the club for ages, years, blimey decadeS even SHOULD have first dibbs on the allocated tickets.
now,
when it gets down to the higher numbers (like mine) if ive ticked every box of acceptable ticket , yet there is standing room left...well then tough s*** really.
but a lot of the lower numbered peeps might have only picked prime and general seats as theirs prefs, i might have picked, premium, prime, general and standing....so when it comes around to me near the end of the allocation numbers (say we have hit the 10,000 mark out of the 11,500) there might be premium left (as some peeps didnt wanna fork out that amount of money) and standing room left. then i get a choice

phew....
honestly if the system doesnt recognise social club members years of loyalty to the club then that is not really good enough.

but then again
if the afl didnt give out FARKING p1ss poor ticket allocation numbers to the competing teams there wouldnt be much of a bloody problem
23000 tickets :roll:
and the other 70 odd thou?
split between other teams and corporate/sponsorship
i mean SEVENTY THOUSAND?????
surely 30 thousand at the MAX is enough for sponsorship companies
teams not competing dont need them and neither does most of that corporate mob, they can do what most others have to do, join their teams social club, or find a package somehow.

seriosuly this need to be in clear cut black and white how the standing room thing yadda yadda yadda works

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 9:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

i would have thought that barks barcode as well as many of the peeps on here would be a lower number than mine as he/they first did social club yeeeeeears ago...so you would think that when we both register it recognizes that his number is lower and therefore he gets pref over where he wants to watch the game from.....we both get tickets as we are amongst the 11500 social club memebrs that DEF get tickets, except that he gets the first choice...and rightly bloody so, all members who have been with the club for ages, years, blimey decadeS even SHOULD have first dibbs on the allocated tickets.
I don't think that's right. I have been a Saints member for years and have just joined the Social Club and I am pretty sure my barcode number has not changed after I joined the Social Club

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:i think a lot of peeps are confused and i put myself in the same boat

some people are thinking they are a social club member so they get a ticket automatically....thats not the case
the first 11,500 people that became social club members THIS YEAR get a ticket, and yup im guessing a ticket is just that..A TICKET (like someone else said, sorry cant remembr who, 'its not a seat, its entry and a ticket')
this is correct so far im presuming???

September Saint is a registration process of your membership number if u ARENT a social club member, just in case any of the 11500 social club members do not want a ticket (for whatever reason)
this is correct im presuming????

now the whole 'do i tick the box thats marked standing room' for social club members when we do it on wednesday (after we beat the pies :) ) is a bit cloudy i reckon.

and i totally see where barks beef is here...
why should i have pref over someone that has been a social club member for 10, 20 years??
i shouldnt
now,
when it gets down to the higher numbers (like mine) if ive ticked every box of acceptable ticket , yet there is standing room left...well then tough s*** really.
but a lot of the lower numbered peeps might have only picked prime and general seats as theirs prefs, i might have picked, premium, prime, general and standing....so when it comes around to me near the end of the allocation numbers (say we have hit the 10,000 mark out of the 11,500) there might be premium left (as some peeps didnt wanna fork out that amount of money) and standing room left. then i get a choice

phew....
honestly if the system doesnt recognise social club members years of loyalty to the club then that is not really good enough.

but then again
if the afl didnt give out FARKING p1ss poor ticket allocation numbers to the competing teams there wouldnt be much of a bloody problem
23000 tickets :roll:
and the other 70 odd thou?
split between other teams and corporate/sponsorship
i mean SEVENTY THOUSAND?????
surely 30 thousand at the MAX is enough for sponsorship companies
teams not competing dont need them and neither does most of that corporate mob, they can do what most others have to do, join their teams social club, or find a package somehow.

seriosuly this need to be in clear cut black and white how the standing room thing yadda yadda yadda works
There is no way known bar code numbers will come into it. It will be luck of the draw. As for comment about 30,000 sponsorship well that is the maximum figure and that includes the 16000 the clubs get. The other tickets go to the MCC members and AFL members not sponsorship.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:phew....
yep, you're right, the system doesn't take years of loyalty into account and is just not good enough.

i reckon they just don't have the information. if they have no way of knowing how long i've been a member, which is why they had to ask a couple of years ago, then how will they know how long i've been a social club member? i don't think they've even kept those records.

footy clubs are only just starting to be well run, remember - in the eighties and before that couldn't have been further from the truth.

Maxstar22
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:phew....
yep, you're right, the system doesn't take years of loyalty into account and is just not good enough.

i reckon they just don't have the information. if they have no way of knowing how long i've been a member, which is why they had to ask a couple of years ago, then how will they know how long i've been a social club member? i don't think they've even kept those records.

footy clubs are only just starting to be well run, remember - in the eighties and before that couldn't have been further from the truth.
I thought they did know how long we have been members for....
On my membership ticket, it tells me how many years I have been a consecutive member for. When we were renewing late last year, they asked you to confirm with them those details.

But reading all these posts and talking to alot of ppl about this, it doesn't seem like this information will be used.

I am still totally and utterly confused.

I am ringing the club this morning to get further clarification. Hopefully they will not be as confused as we are :shock:

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

GreatNo9s wrote:Has anyone actually confirmed that the Club has removed the Foundation SC entitlements ?

Or as usual have you all just worked yourselves into a lather because someone deemed that it is fact ?

Yeah spot on.

I think you lot should stop panicking - social club members will be catered for.

What's more important - where you sit or the fact you can get a ticket to the game?

Why don't one of you chicken littles ring the Club and find out instead of speculating and whingeing. It's worse than a mothers club meeting in here!

It's not that hard really.

Maxstar22
Club Player

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:
GreatNo9s wrote:Has anyone actually confirmed that the Club has removed the Foundation SC entitlements ?

Yeah spot on.

I think you lot should stop panicking - social club members will be catered for.

What's more important - where you sit or the fact you can get a ticket to the game?

Why don't one of you chicken littles ring the Club and find out instead of speculating and whingeing. It's worse than a mothers club meeting in here!

I thought the reason (for lack of a better word) for all our so called "whinging" was due to the fact that we are supporters of our club, have been for years, through thick and thin and now we want to SUPPORT our club on the big day.

Nothing wrong with ppl wanting to know the correct information and get everything right for the GF so we can support our boys bring it home.

Many have mentioed that they will be ringing the club to clarify (me included).

So before you start on bagging us, how about you look at why we are saying what we are all saying.

Actually, I still can't believe posters on an internet forum who apparently have the same interests (The St Kilda Football Club, just in case anyone had forgotten) can act/type the way certain posters do. Sheesh :shock:

TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey
Club Player

Maxstar22 wrote:
TimPekin'sDirtyGuernsey wrote:

Yeah spot on.

I thought the reason (for lack of a better word) for all our so called "whinging" was due to the fact that we are supporters of our club, have been for years, through thick and thin and now we want to SUPPORT our club on the big day.

Nothing wrong with ppl wanting to know the correct information and get everything right for the GF so we can support our boys bring it home.

Many have mentioed that they will be ringing the club to clarify (me included).

So before you start on bagging us, how about you look at why we are saying what we are all saying.

Actually, I still can't believe posters on an internet forum who apparently have the same interests (The St Kilda Football Club, just in case anyone had forgotten) can act/type the way certain posters do. Sheesh :shock:
For your information I'm also a Social Club member.

I'm just happy enough to be allocated a ticket.

Don't care whether I sit or stand - as long as I'm there.

Maxstar22
Club Player

I agree with that, I too will be happy wherever I sit/stand also.

However, the fact remains that many ppl are still confused (me included)over the "allocation" of tickets/seats. I think ppl just want further clarification, as many ppl have stated on here some members are unable to stand and just don't want to miss out.

I'd hate to think because of all this confusion many of our loyal supporters may miss a ticket/seat.

I have re-read the letter again and my interpretation is that ALL SC members will receive a ticket (including Foundation members) and that you will be allocated a seat until all those seats are exhausted. If your name does not come up before that, you will then still receive a ticket, it will just be standing room. I think if you tick "Best Available" you will be in the above category, if you ticket "Best Available, excluding standing room", I think you will get a ticket unless your name comes up after the exhausted seats and then you miss out as you have selected that option.

Anyways, I am ringing the club right now.

Maxstar22
Club Player

Ok I just rang the club..after being put on hold and getting pumped by listening to our theme song, I spoke to a lovely young girl called Ashley.

She has confirmed with me that if you tick the Best Available option, it allocates seats randomly to members starting at Premium and working right down to Restricted Viewing. If your name has not come up by the time all these tickets have been allocated, you will still be allocated a ticket, however it will be Standing Room. If you tick Best Available, you are not saying you want Standing Room first. By ticking this option, you are saying you will take whatever ticket is available at the time when your name comes up. Standing Room will only be allocated to you once all other seats have been allocated and your name has not come up yet.

If you tick Best Available excluding Standing room, the above applies, until all other seats have been allocated and if your name still hasn't come up then you will not be offered Standing Room.

So my advice to most ppl (excluding perhaps the elderly etc) is to select the Best Available option and we should all be ok.

Clear as mud??

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Hows about we all take a deep breath and focus our energy on getting the boys across the line on Sunday, and then worry about tickets IF we get to the big dance....