SC Members GF Ticket Letter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

PLUGGER14 wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:$245 bucks i would wanna be f****** sitting down i give ya the big tip
If you get a $245.00 tik then you will have a seat......

Standing room gets charged the standing room rate
The choice between standing & sitting at home watching it on the box... I know which one I'd take.

If standing room does eventuate then we'll just have to organise a few St Kilda only sections!

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:My thoughts too Raven.

I'm a bit confused about the standing room bit...

I thought that by becoming a SC member, it guaranteed you a SEAT at the GF (if we made it). If so, we shouldn't need the standing option.
Am I now to understand SC'ers are only guaranteed ENTRY?
I don't think my dear old mum will wanna stand and I'd rather watch it on tele than stand up the back.

Is it possible we wont be allocated enough SEATS to cover all the SC members?

Please explain - someone that knows.
Exactly, what does this all mean?

Our quota is a minimum of 11,500 SEATS for the 11,500 Social Club Members, that is a given, as we've all been led to believe,

SO what's all this standing room option garbage about?

Can someone connected please explain?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
sainter35
Club Player

Surely if we're one of the 11,500 Social Club members and we're guaranteed entry we'd almost be volunteering to stand by choosing that option.

This does need further clarification because we'll hopefully be having to buy them on Wednesday and I know in our situation I'm not going to make Dad stand for over 6 hours (bearing in mind you're going to have to get there very early to hold your place).

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

Our quota is a minimum of 11,500 SEATS for the 11,500 Social Club Members, that is a given, as we've all been led to believe,

whe you read the Grand Final letter sent yesterday arrangements are the same as last year
$3.30 to register for a grand final ticket
some of the tickets available are Standing room- If you DO NOT wish to have the option of being offered a standing room ticket
THEN when you register next Wednesday 9th you tick the box to say you will not accept a standing room ticket

if you are happy to stand- then don't tick that box ( and if you'd all like to do that it measn I am more likely to get a $245 ticket and a good seat :wink: )
when the random matching of seats and registrations takes place you will get on of the 4 options- standing, restricted viewing, $150 or $245

if you DO tick the NO STanding option
you will onl;y be offered restricted, or the other two prices.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Personally the choice between standing 30m from the action or in the heavens at the top of the Southern, Ponsford or Olympic stands is a pretty simple one.

Having said that, if we do get the chance to register I'll be choosing the best available excluding standing & hope like hell for a premium seat.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

My concern is that my Grandma who is 90 is a social club member and would want to go. However she is not eligible for a disabled seat as she is technically not disabled but she couldn't stand up for the game either. So do i tick the not standing room part and risk not getting there at all? I have absolutely no idea what to do.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
sainter35
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

whe you read the Grand Final letter sent yesterday arrangements are the same as last year
some of the tickets available are Standing room- If you DO NOT wish to have the option of being offered a standing room ticket
THEN when you register next Wednesday 9th you tick the box to say you will not accept a standing room ticket

if you are happy to stand- then don't tick that box ( and if you'd all like to do that it measn I am more likely to get a $245 ticket and a good seat :wink: )
when the random matching of seats and registrations takes place you will get on of the 4 options- standing, restricted viewing, $150 or $245

That's not the issue Saintbrat. We all understand the instructions.

The issue is we all want a seat and we're worried that by ticking that box we're in effect volunteering to stand. However on the flip side, we're all so desperate to attend that by not selecting the standing option we're reducing our chances of actually get a ticket (and I know we're guaranteed a ticket but until we get one there's always that element of doubt).

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

IluvHarvey wrote:My concern is that my Grandma who is 90 is a social club member and would want to go. However she is not eligible for a disabled seat as she is technically not disabled but she couldn't stand up for the game either. So do i tick the not standing room part and risk not getting there at all? I have absolutely no idea what to do.
I'd go the seat only... there is bound to be plenty of people that nominate any seat/standing room possie and leave enough seats to go around.

If in doubt call the club & ask what they suggest. If you nan is 90 I'd be checking with them as she obviously needs not only a seat but a seat in the lower decks. The upper decks would be unsafe for her, especially in regards to getting up there.

I'd ask what proof they need to get a disabled spot too... maybe a aged health care card will do the trick?

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Non social club members who signed up to the September Saints ballot also recieved the same letter, so i assume standing room tickets will be allocated to them first, and social club members who want a seat will also be accomodated first. There will be a point where these 2 groups meet, and that won't be known until the registration period finishes.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 9:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

That's not the issue Saintbrat. We all understand the instructions.

The issue is we all want a seat and we're worried that by ticking that box we're in effect volunteering to stand. However on the flip side, we're all so desperate to attend that by not selecting the standing option we're reducing our chances of actually get a ticket (and I know we're guaranteed a ticket but until we get one there's always that element of doubt).
Yep...its one pretty simple question..

If you DONT tick the Standing box...are you running the risk of not getting in at all..if thats all thats left when your turn comes around in the random allocation of Tix???

the Club havent been saying *your ticket might be only a standing room ticket tho* when theyve been going on all year about 11,500 SC members all getting a TICKET..not a seat!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:My concern is that my Grandma who is 90 is a social club member and would want to go. However she is not eligible for a disabled seat as she is technically not disabled but she couldn't stand up for the game either. So do i tick the not standing room part and risk not getting there at all? I have absolutely no idea what to do.
I'd go the seat only... there is bound to be plenty of people that nominate any seat/standing room possie and leave enough seats to go around.

If in doubt call the club & ask what they suggest. If you nan is 90 I'd be checking with them as she obviously needs not only a seat but a seat in the lower decks. The upper decks would be unsafe for her, especially in regards to getting up there.

I'd ask what proof they need to get a disabled spot too... maybe a aged health care card will do the trick?
Thanks mate might call the club. I already called Ticktek for this weeks final and they told me she doesn't count for a disabled spot, pretty ruthless i thought.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 9:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

we have to have 11500 seats
thats the max social club cut off to be deff getting a ticket
so in theory if they are saying the cut off is 11500 for the social club then they must be giving 11500 seats to st kilda supporters

i expect a seat.
and so should everyone that got in before the 11500 cap off

Maxstar22
Club Player

Still haven't received my letter in the mail - would have been quicker for me to walk over the Neapen and pick it up myself.

Anyhoo...I know this discussion and issues re ticket allocation happens every year, but I still for the life of me can't understand why the AFL shaft competing clubs with such a pitiful allocation of tickets.

Members are the life blood of teams, we are the ones that go every week, sit in horrid weather conditions (well not so much now with Etihad), beg, borrow and steal to pay for our memberships, support the club through good times and bad...only to have to pretty much disregarded when it comes to the pointy end of the season.

People who haven't been to a game all year and are fair weathered supporters are a better chance of getting a ticket to the GF than those who have bled for the club for years and years.

I know people will say it is all about the money, but surely charging $245 a ticket plus $100 for a pie and beer rakes in the cash. :shock:

Needless to say, I will be selecting "best seats available" as at the end of the day as long as I am there watching our boys win the flag, I could be sitting in the gutter for all I care.

PS - If we do win it, I will more than likely end up in the gutter at some stage :lol:

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

Guys,

As I understand it, being a SC member guarantees you a GF ticket. Thats how it has been marketed by the club. If you select the "not standng room" option then you should get a seat.

Imagine the outcry if a SC member goes through the correct process outlined by the club (pre-registering etc) and doesnt get a GF ticket. The club would be in some really hot water in regards to false advertising/deceptive conduct etc

It is still annoying that you cant choose the seating category though. I will be annoyed if I get put up in the clouds

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I am also concerned that the registrations go to ticketmaster and are then sent off to ticketek.

To me that leaves more room for errors and if there is going to be a problem one mob will just blame the other

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Maxstar22
Club Player

I am still confused....

So if I tick best seats available which includes standing room, does that mean that I will get standing room first or standing room only if there are no other seats left to give me??

Hoping the "random" allocation isn't alphabetical. Being a W, I'm bound to get the dregs tickets.

Richter
SS Life Member

Sainter_4_life wrote:It is still annoying that you cant choose the seating category though. I will be annoyed if I get put up in the clouds
I won't because it'll mean that the Saints have got through to the GF.

We want to make sure that we get a ticket IF we make it that far.

Only two letters but an important word that...... IF we get that far......

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Raven
Club Player

Thinking about it more, there's one golden rule:

As a SC member, you're guaranteed entry to the ground.

So makes sense that if you select that you DON'T wish to be in the standing section, then they'll allocate you a seat. They give you a choice.

They can't guarantee you entry, then not give it to you because you don't want to stand. That's stupid, surely.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:Thinking about it more, there's one golden rule:

As a SC member, you're guaranteed entry to the ground.

So makes sense that if you select that you DON'T wish to be in the standing section, then they'll allocate you a seat. They give you a choice.

They can't guarantee you entry, then not give it to you because you don't want to stand. That's stupid, surely.
Ahh no I suspect it just means that you are guaranteed a ticket if you register and accept any option. If you decide to opt out of the "standing room" option then you are pretty much saying that you dont want a ticket(s) if standing is the only option left

Why else would they word it like that?

Thats how I read it anyway...anyone care to ring the Club in the morning and clarify it??

Edit: I just looked on the MCG website...there are 5000 standing room spaces at the G...if 50% of them are in the public areas.. that means that 1250 of our allocation of 11,500 will be standing room..a bit over 10%

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I tried to do a bit of research last night on a similar yet different issue....

Every year bar the last Grand Final tickets were offered to clubs on a pro rata basis.....meaning the more members you have the greater 'share' of club tickets given.....with the overall allocation given to clubs being fixed....

Last year they allocated 23,000 tickets to competing clubs.....down the middle....making it 11,500. Obviously this is the figure being used by the Social Club in making their cap.

I couldn't confirm that this allocation system was to remain the same for 2009 from the AFL. And particularly this looms as a problem for St Kilda because of our relative low membership to some of the bigger clubs.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?????

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I tried to do a bit of research last night on a similar yet different issue....

Every year bar the last Grand Final tickets were offered to clubs on a pro rata basis.....meaning the more members you have the greater 'share' of club tickets given.....with the overall allocation given to clubs being fixed....

Last year they allocated 23,000 tickets to competing clubs.....down the middle....making it 11,500. Obviously this is the figure being used by the Social Club in making their cap.

I couldn't confirm that this allocation system was to remain the same for 2009 from the AFL. And particularly this looms as a problem for St Kilda because of our relative low membership to some of the bigger clubs.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?????
Its 23,000 again..thats why the CLub have been able to cap the SC and say that you deffo will get a ticket (if 1200-odd of you are prepared to stand it seems tho)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Legendary
Club Player

St Kilda would not have "guaranteed" their 11,500 social club members ticktes to the Grand Final without having those tickets guaranteed by the AFL.

You can't legally advertise that and guarantee tickets and then not have them.

So Spinner -- the allocation must be the same as last year, 11500 for each club competing.

Hence why the Saints have capped their "guaranteed" Grand Final tickets to the Social Club of 11,500 people.

However, this does not solve the problem -- are all those 11,500 tickets "seats" ... or are some of the 11,500 tickets "standing room"?

Because a "ticket" technically just means entry to the ground - it does not imply a guaranteed seat.

I suspect saint66au is correct, and roughly 1250 of our tickets will be standing room.

So every Social Club member is guaranteed to attend, but 1200 may have to stand?

However, not every SC member will use their ticket to the Grand Final. So just say 9500 social club members only want Grand Final tickets. They would all be allocated seats, and the remaining 2000 tickets (of which 1250 are standing room) would go to ordinary members ... who have registered as "September Saints".

That's the way I read it.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

aussierules0k wrote:My thoughts too Raven.

I'm a bit confused about the standing room bit...

I thought that by becoming a SC member, it guaranteed you a SEAT at the GF (if we made it). If so, we shouldn't need the standing option.
Am I now to understand SC'ers are only guaranteed ENTRY?
I don't think my dear old mum will wanna stand and I'd rather watch it on tele than stand up the back.

Is it possible we wont be allocated enough SEATS to cover all the SC members?

Please explain - someone that knows.
From my understanding only Foundation SC Members are guaranteed a seat other SC members get remaining tickets before remaining tickets are offered to ordinary members.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.