Public ticket sale now on!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Public ticket sale now on!

For those who missed out on Members or AFL Members ticket allocation, the public sale of tickets is now on. Tickets are currently available, but there is no way of knowing what the demand will be. Someone might like to tell us about MCC ticketing and what happens if there is only moderate interest and, therefore, unsold tickets.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Doesnt seem to be any premium seats available so perhaps we were offered the best available on Monday. Nothing worse than having some closet opposition barracker who cant even be bothered buying a membership getting better seats 2 days later :twisted:

Voyager
Club Player

Got 3 M5 labelled as premium...are they?

Geezer
Club Player

1000's of tickets left.
mostly southern stand and ponsford stand.
far from a sellout.
ticket sales will have to pickup in the next day for it to be anywhere near 80,000

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Geezer wrote:1000's of tickets left.
far from a sellout.
ticket sales will have to pickup in the next day for it to be anywhere near 80,000

Premium allocation exhausted.....

I think it will go very close to 80,000.....

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I think it will go very close to 80,000.....
you'd hope so. i'd expect most of the public tickets to go, but the afl and mcc members sections to be a bit empty. that's usually the problem with filling the mcg.

sainter35
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Geezer wrote:1000's of tickets left.
far from a sellout.

Premium allocation exhausted.....

I think it will go very close to 80,000.....
Of course it will.

Be careful about your warnings Geezer, I'd hate for one of our supporters to think they have more time to secure a ticket than they really have and miss out.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
you'd hope so. i'd expect most of the public tickets to go, but the afl and mcc members sections to be a bit empty. that's usually the problem with filling the mcg.
AFL Members section sold out half way through yesterday....More pressure on the MCC now!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
bergholt wrote:
AFL Members section sold out half way through yesterday....More pressure on the MCC now!!!
No pressure on them, they own the ground.

steph
Club Player

be prepared to be dished out some pretty average seats from the ticketek site. i physically went into a ticketek office (after the site then started crashing and said no more seats were available) and was told that they can only offer me seats that the computer happens to select, they don't have access to a seating plan where i can choose best available.

the whole system is a farce.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Spinner wrote:
bergholt wrote:
No pressure on them, they own the ground.

Really? :shock: :wink:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

No, the MCC does not own the ground, but is the ground manager. The MCG Trust, a government appointed body, is the owner in law, and the ground and its surrounds is Crown Land. The Trust has appointed the MCC to administer the MCG and whilst, theoretically, they could appoint some other body - like the St Kilda Football Club - it isn't ever going to happen.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:No, the MCC does not own the ground, but is the ground manager. The MCG Trust, a government appointed body, is the owner in law, and the ground and its surrounds is Crown Land. The Trust has appointed the MCC to administer the MCG and whilst, theoretically, they could appoint some other body - like the St Kilda Football Club - it isn't ever going to happen.
The point is thee is no pressure on them to attend. There has been plenty of times the MCC stands have been empty and nothing has changed on how they can just turn up and fair enough to. They play millions a year for upkeep and building the stands.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Don't agree plugger. When a refurbishment of the ground is done, the AFL and the state government always kick in a sizeable chunk.

THis arrogance of ' we pay our memberships at the start of each year, so we don't have to attend if we don't want to' crap just reasserts many ppl's opinion of it being an old boys club.

The AFL members also pay a similar amount each year, but if the AFL reserve is not full it's not uncommon for the AFL to open it up to the general public if need be.

Makes me wonder if the MCC give a crap about sport at all, or just their own vested interests.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Don't agree plugger. When a refurbishment of the ground is done, the AFL and the state government always kick in a sizeable chunk.

THis arrogance of ' we pay our memberships at the start of each year, so we don't have to attend if we don't want to' crap just reasserts many ppl's opinion of it being an old boys club.

The AFL members also pay a similar amount each year, but if the AFL reserve is not full it's not uncommon for the AFL to open it up to the general public if need be.

Makes me wonder if the MCC give a crap about sport at all, or just their own vested interests.
They paid so much more than the AFL and the government. Not even sure the government kicked in any in the end. They are still paying off the stands and are planning to upgrade the southern stand again soon. The AFL money goes to the AFL. The MCC money basically upgrades the stadium. And it isnt a boys club. Any person has the opportunity to join up.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:Don't agree plugger. When a refurbishment of the ground is done, the AFL and the state government always kick in a sizeable chunk.

They paid so much more than the AFL and the government. Not even sure the government kicked in any in the end. They are still paying off the stands and are planning to upgrade the southern stand again soon. The AFL money goes to the AFL. The MCC money basically upgrades the stadium. And it isnt a boys club. Any person has the opportunity to join up.
Very well said plugger.

Now plugger - you are an AFL member.....are you an MCC member as well?

BTW - visitor's tickets for the filth game have SOLD OUT.

Only 16,000 public tickets remain.

SaintDebi
Club Player

steph wrote:be prepared to be dished out some pretty average seats from the ticketek site. i physically went into a ticketek office (after the site then started crashing and said no more seats were available) and was told that they can only offer me seats that the computer happens to select, they don't have access to a seating plan where i can choose best available.

the whole system is a farce.
That seems odd. We were able to choose from seats available when tickets went on sale to members on Monday morning, from a seating plan they had access to. This has always been the case whenever we've gone into the booking agency in person, although I think I've mainly dealt with ticketmaster before.
I can't see why it should be any different for general public sales, although of course there might not be as much to choose from.
I hope you got some ok seats.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

You disappoint me plugger66, the government of Victoria poured mega millions into the upgrade of the MCG for the Commonwealth Games.

Do you really thing a cricket club can build and maintain the MCG?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:No, the MCC does not own the ground, but is the ground manager. The MCG Trust, a government appointed body, is the owner in law, and the ground and its surrounds is Crown Land. The Trust has appointed the MCC to administer the MCG and whilst, theoretically, they could appoint some other body - like the St Kilda Football Club - it isn't ever going to happen.
The point is thee is no pressure on them to attend. There has been plenty of times the MCC stands have been empty and nothing has changed on how they can just turn up and fair enough to. They play millions a year for upkeep and building the stands.

mmm I meant pressure on them to lift the crowd numbers....Not in terms of releasing tickets.....Maybe pressure wasnt the right word.....Maybe 'the ball is in there court' for the possibility of a bumper crowed would have been better.....

Oh well. 8-)