Don't let 'em spook ya Folks!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Don't let 'em spook ya Folks!!!!!

My Fellow Sainters!!!!!

You are going to be hearing all the "gurus, pundits, sages, experts texperts, etc" giving out their opinions and forecasts regarding the game this sunday.
Their opinions are worth exactly the same as OURS!!!! (except they get paid more!!!) The opinions of ex-footballers and ex coaches and journos will have precisely "snot-all" to do with winning a flag (trust me on this)
Don't let 'em spook ya!!! Be of good heart be of strong nerve Be of cool demeanour ....UNTIL that siren goes and then UNLEASH those dogs of war!!
The Jiggsters in the Ponsford end and lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(the TUF boots are being dubbined as I write :lol: )

Love to all

Dave

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
reincarnated

Reincarnated thinks its time to f*** up the rest of the competition

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

The more the "experts" question and doubt our ability to seal the deal, the happier I am.

Personally, I'm so calm and confident in our boys that it scares me!

Destiny is in their hands, all I can do is believe.

Bad management is bad management
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

The wauy the so called "experts" were talking about us "on the couch" last night anyone would have thaught we scrapped into the 8 on % or something.

Seriously we must be the worst 20-2 top side in teh history of the game!

Still the worse Mike Sheehan, James Hird and their ilk say we are teh wider my smile becomes.

Write us off bitches then sing our praises in 4 weeks

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated thinks its time to f*** up the rest of the competition
For once, dear Reinc, I absolutely concur with your splendid suggestion. 8-)

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Hurricane wrote:The wauy the so called "experts" were talking about us "on the couch" last night anyone would have thaught we scrapped into the 8 on % or something.

Still the worse Mike Sheehan, James Hird and their ilk say we are teh wider my smile becomes.

BANG BANG
Haven't watched "On The Couch" yet, but hardly surprising Sheehan thinks we're gone. He hasn't really been on our bandwagon this year. Until round 7, he only tipped us once. But this speaks for the entire football media, they've always had their doubts about us this year and frankly, I don't blame them. This is now our fifth finals challenge in six season (four of those were top four) and yet we still haven't even made the granny. They have every right to doubt us and three weeks in cruise control gives them plenty of ammo.

But that suits me fine. Let them doubt us and question our resolve. Only makes the boys all the more eager to prove their worth and I know they have what it takes.

If we were ever going to win the flag, it was always going to be before the majority of the football world just waiting to say "choke, I told you that you would", only to have them choke on their own words after they try to swallow them quick smart!

GO SAINTERS!
Last edited by SydneySainter on Tue 01 Sep 2009 2:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

steph
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:The wauy the so called "experts" were talking about us "on the couch" last night anyone would have thaught we scrapped into the 8 on % or something.

BANG BANG

Hird has tipped us for the flag.

bozza1980
Club Player

steph wrote:

BANG BANG

Beat me to it.

He has been pretty consistent in voicing his belief that we are the best side in the comp and did so again last night.

The one that annoys me is footy classified, I don't understand the hype about adelaide. The call was that they will beat the loser of St Kilda v Collingwood.

No matter how impressive Adelaide have been despatching sides below them, they are 1-6 against top 4 sides this year, losing the last 6 and losing to 3 top 4 sides in the last 6 weeks.

I think the press are spending too much time trying to find a winner outside of the obvious that they are almost dismissive altogether towards the best two performed teams of the last 6 months.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bozza1980 wrote:
steph wrote:

BANG BANG

Beat me to it.

He has been pretty consistent in voicing his belief that we are the best side in the comp and did so again last night.

The one that annoys me is footy classified, I don't understand the hype about adelaide. The call was that they will beat the loser of St Kilda v Collingwood.

No matter how impressive Adelaide have been despatching sides below them, they are 1-6 against top 4 sides this year, losing the last 6 and losing to 3 top 4 sides in the last 6 weeks.

I think the press are spending too much time trying to find a winner outside of the obvious that they are almost dismissive altogether towards the best two performed teams of the last 6 months.
Which is why I refuse to watch Footy Clasifieds, the entire panel makes my blood boil! Don't be surprised if the elmination final winners become the talk of the town for the week, happens every year.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Geelong must be loving it...anyone remember those guys in the stripey jumpers that finished second?

Pies = pfffft. Adelaide = pfffft.

I haven't been as confident of the Saints winning this weeked since last years prelim...erm...so maybe I should be worried?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

three months ago geelong was my worry
three weeks ago it was the pies
as of three days ago its actually the bloody crows

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:Geelong must be loving it...anyone remember those guys in the stripey jumpers that finished second?

Pies = pfffft. Adelaide = pfffft.

I haven't been as confident of the Saints winning this weeked since last years prelim...erm...so maybe I should be worried?
Yes, maybe you should! :)

BakesFan
SS Life Member

I'm not spooked.... I'm excited!!
I'm as excited as a very excited person who has something special to be excited about. :D

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Schillaci
Club Player

SydneySainter wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
steph wrote:

BANG BANG

Beat me to it.

Which is why I refuse to watch Footy Clasifieds, the entire panel makes my blood boil! Don't be surprised if the elmination final winners become the talk of the town for the week, happens every year.
Does happen every year....and every year they lose.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No-one has given Essendon any chance whatsoever, and of course I realise the obvious reasons. However zero pressure works in their favour, and you just never know. I would certainly rate Essendons defence above that of Carlton, fair call?

As far as Sheahan goes, we always win when he tips against us...that speaks for itself 8-)

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated thinks its time to f*** up the rest of the competition
For once, dear Reinc, I absolutely concur with your splendid suggestion. 8-)
Stillwaiting agrees with reincaranateds point of view and enjoys the way reincarated gets to the point.

I love this club