Bad tempered Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:According to the TV commentary, Roo apologized to the ump later on in the match for the spray he'd given them. I thought that was a class act.
Never give a rat anything.

You only end up with more rats.

Oops! sorry rats for comparing you to umpires, I will try harder next time to find an appropriate comparison.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:When BJ kicked it Jarrah was 2 metres from him and then Jarrah ran away whilst BJ was having a go at our players for not making space even though an average kick would have found one of the three players there. I was 50 metres away at the most.
If you were 50 metres away, then you would have been on the field, which you were not. So you must be lying.

What happened was this: The players grouped rather than spread. Their fault not Brendon's. However, Brendon then forgot to take responsibility for his own actions. Cleaning up errors of teammates is the mark of a true champion.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
plugger66 wrote:When BJ kicked it Jarrah was 2 metres from him and then Jarrah ran away whilst BJ was having a go at our players for not making space even though an average kick would have found one of the three players there. I was 50 metres away at the most.
If you were 50 metres away, then you would have been on the field, which you were not. So you must be lying.

What happened was this: The players grouped rather than spread. Their fault not Brendon's. However, Brendon then forgot to take responsibility for his own actions. Cleaning up errors of teammates is the mark of a true champion.
He kicked it from well inside the 50 line so I fail to get your point. I am lying, yes nice one. JB said he was 40 metres away. Where does that make him then? you not only got the ditance wrong you got what happened wrong. Why do you have that nick name.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: JB said he was 40 metres away. Where does that make him then?
I was the umpire who called play on.

There is no denying bj's kick was poor - but to believe that he could have got to jarrah is plain wrong.

Why was it play on for starters? He took on step. Is that enough? If so why dont umpires call play on every single marking contest as players always take a step or two.

bj had a go at me (as i said I was the umpire) and then I was yoo busy setting the mark and running backwards and making sure I was in the TV shot to hear what bj was saying to his teammates.

Mabye you could tell us - you must be one of the players if you were only ten metres further away than me.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

There is no denying bj's kick was poor - but to believe that he could have got to jarrah is plain wrong.

Why was it play on for starters? He took on step. Is that enough? If so why dont umpires call play on every single marking contest as players always take a step or two.

bj had a go at me (as i said I was the umpire) and then I was yoo busy setting the mark and running backwards and making sure I was in the TV shot to hear what bj was saying to his teammates.

Mabye you could tell us - you must be one of the players if you were only ten metres further away than me.
I am Sam gilbert and he told me to make better position and to allow for his bad kicking. He also said i should have picked up Jarrah as he needed a good sook after he kicked it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I am Sam gilbert and he told me to make better position and to allow for his bad kicking. He also said i should have picked up Jarrah as he needed a good sook after he kicked it.
Sorry Sam - I bow to your greater knowledge on the subject - sorry have to go and feed my seeing eye dog. Hate having to run backwards to the fridge.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Well I'm Liam JURRAH and I've logged on to ask someone to spell my farking name right!

:wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Well I'm Liam JURRAH and I've logged on to ask someone to spell my farking name right!

:wink:
Sorry Laim.

SaintWal
Club Player

Well I am god

Go to bed!

BJ dropped his head like old, JB you are right in that he probably would not have got to the next contest but the example he set was poor form.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

last week I mentioned his little hissy fit directed towards Ray at half time.
Ray and King just looked at Goddard with contempt.
And I was told that its all good...

ok he may have underestimated Jurrah's closing speed, and ok he stuffed the kick up, but once the mistake was made he let Jurrah sprint off him to mark the ball on the 50mt.

The guy has a problem, he doesnt think he has a problem, so the team has to put up with it. This years team FIGJAM award goes to .... I dont even have to open the envelope, c'mon up Brendon.

Seeya
matrix
Saintsational Legend

bj needs to stfu and get on with footy
having a go at the ump isnt going to do anything but have neg results
having a go at team mates shows a little bit of passing the buck

stfu
get the cherry
and use it
its what u are best at BJ
8-)

mustangjack
Club Player

mmmm yeah pisses me off when he waves his arms around like the robot from lost in space telling players to man up when he doesn't move, and usually his opponent ends up with the ball . sometimes it seems hes too lazy to chase or man up, hey great player just wish he would take this out of his game . If your spent Brendan and couldn't be bothered manning up theirs a bench :roll:

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

All players make mistakes during a game. And many of them vent a little too, not just BJ. Ever watched Roo mouth off if he gets free and isn't then spotted up?

BJ is without doubt the best ball distributor and decision maker we have. Out of 20 kicks he's hit 18, and many over distance. Rather than heap scorn on him for his passion, how about we give him a little bit of a break on this one and appreciate his many talents?

markp
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:All players make mistakes during a game. And many of them vent a little too, not just BJ. Ever watched Roo mouth off if he gets free and isn't then spotted up?

BJ is without doubt the best ball distributor and decision maker we have. Out of 20 kicks he's hit 18, and many over distance. Rather than heap scorn on him for his passion, how about we give him a little bit of a break on this one and appreciate his many talents?
Agree.

Ha made a mistake, big deal.

And I dont think he's about to change his arm waving, finger pointing angry ways to appease some of the beers swilling pie scoffers in the stands.

jay young
Club Player

B Goddard always looks skeezed out

Superboot
SS Life Member

Roo's 50m penalty after a spray at an umpire was in the 2nd quarter, 5 or 10 minutes after the reverse free kick against BJ.

BJ had wacked the Melbourne player with his forearm or elbow. The reason for Roo's spray was that he was punched in the back and looked across to see that the umpire has seen the incident but did nothing about it. I was in the top deck of the Ponsford but heard Roo shout "Hey! You saw that f....in' ...." . The rest was unclear.

Basically,. the problem stemmed from the umpire's inconsistency.

aussiejones
Club Player

'Basically,. the problem stemmed from the umpire's inconsistency."

as with Schnieder last week ...... Move on, as the ump will NEVER change their minds ...spraying will only attract a penalty so what does it achieve to spray at the ump ???

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

markp wrote:
St DAC wrote: Agree.

Ha made a mistake, big deal.

And I dont think he's about to change his arm waving, finger pointing angry ways to appease some of the beers swilling pie scoffers in the stands.
in the end what we think amounts to a pile of horse dung.
But that was my point about Goddard, his effect on his own team mates.
against Jurrah he made three mistakes in a single instance of play
yet he still goes off his cruet at his team mates. (and the rumpire made the correct call he played on, he marked on one side of his body and wheeled round to kick on the other)
Last week in the half time incident with Ray and King they were basically laughing at him, and not in a nice way.
this isnt an argument about whether he is a good player...

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

People are quick to change sentiment on here, at the start of the year there were multiple threads about him being our next captain! He has flaws sure, but he also has heart...I am sure he will grow older and wiser, but I am willing to ride the bumps.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti23 wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:Roo also cost us a 50 for giving the ump a spray, then later gave another for no penalty
Roo had his back turned to play, which was about 5m away, complaining to the umpire when he wasn't paid the mark near the end of the 3rd quarter. It would have been embarrassing if the ball had come out to him

Mini had to get him focused again.
I just had another look at this. The weird thing is, the umpire was right. He never had a firm grip on the ball and it hit the ground.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
saintly
Saintsational Legend

thought most if not all the players were doing really well in not making sprays to anyone this year until the last two weeks.

until the last two weeks if there was a wrong decision by the umpires etc they just got back to their job. i even praised them on this point during hte year, the last 2 weeks has been different. lets hope it all returns!

spert
Saintsational Legend

More anger the better coming into finals -no wimpy efforts this time around Saints.

Superboot
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:thought most if not all the players were doing really well in not making sprays to anyone this year until the last two weeks.

until the last two weeks if there was a wrong decision by the umpires etc they just got back to their job. i even praised them on this point during hte year, the last 2 weeks has been different. lets hope it all returns!
Perhaps with greater focus and intensity they will shrug off the shocking decisions more easily and just get on with it. The outbursts may reflect their lack of intensity over the final three weeks of home and away.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:Roo gave the umpire a fearful spray in the second quarter resulting in a free kick 100m up the ground.

I was sitting in the second tier at that end of the ground and defintely heard the spray without fully understanding what he said.
I actually thought that he gave a team mate a spray and not the umpire

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Surely all just a symptom of playing meaningless games...

I like the fact that there's a bi of anger.

Fire up.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'