Long term survival of the Saints...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

Win a flag. This is teh biggest drawcard for any kid. The peer pressure at school is immense so any flag win puts them in a position of power.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well first things first, start breeding, have to that first before you can indoctrinate them.
Have fun!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Milton66
SS Life Member

Nice sentiments. This isn't about who we hate, it's about the survival of our tribe.

Any youngster who does not follow tribal law, must be banished from the tribe: Bottom line.

Mr Magic: Just tell her that it's all in the great cause of expanding the chosen people (just don't tell her who the "chosen" are). :wink:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Onto it...Jake's 'St Kilda Birth Certificate' is on the wall...Nick and St Trev did a great job getting to Adelaide so early in the morning to sign it off.

Milton66
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:Onto it...Jake's 'St Kilda Birth Certificate' is on the wall...Nick and St Trev did a great job getting to Adelaide so early in the morning to sign it off.
Well done. Great work. Your name will be put forward on next year's Queen's Birthday list. You'll be nominated for an OSE (Order of the Saints Empire) for your efforts.

Maxstar22
Club Player

While I don't have any ruggies of my own, I have managed to brainwash my Godson and one of his sisters.

Mad Saints fans in a family of Tigers supporters.

For every birthday, Xmas etc, I swamp them with even more Saints gear, just to make sure the brainwashing is complete.

rexy
SS Life Member

Good work from many on here. I am one of 4 kids and mum and dad got us all. I now have 2 kids both members and my brother also has 2 kids both memebers.

My biggest victories are my wife, converetd from the filth and my nephew on her side who has a Collingwood supporting mum and a Hawthorn man for a dad. He knows 5 words. Mum Dad Car and Go Saints.

Maybe this year?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Good work from many on here. I am one of 4 kids and mum and dad got us all. I now have 2 kids both members and my brother also has 2 kids both memebers.

My biggest victories are my wife, converetd from the filth and my nephew on her side who has a Collingwood supporting mum and a Hawthorn man for a dad. He knows 5 words. Mum Dad Car and Go Saints.
Good work, and is it more like "go shaints"

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 9:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

spose i could sign my Image up

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Re: Long term survival of the Saints...

Milton66 wrote:I had a strange idea this morning... It will seem crazy to most, but read on and think about it:

There have been numerous threads about our long term survival and membership numbers etc.

So here's my solution...

If you have kids, it is absolutely vital that you indoctrinate (brainwash) them into the world of Red White and Black from the day they are born.

This means buying them Saints clothes etc, and taking lots of photos and placing them strategically around the home.

For the first 3 years, they must remain ignorant that other teams exist, so they only know and love the mighty Saints.. like a 2nd language.

Teach them to hate Colliingwood, Essendon and Carlton from the minute they start talking.

Threaten to put them up for adoption if they decide to follow another team.

Turn down the volume when they watch the Wiggles and turn up the club song on the stereo.

It is incumbent on parents to do this to ensure we have provide an ongoing inter-generational supply of mad Saints supporters and members.

In much the same way that Howard's Work Choices was idealogically a weapon to eliminate Unions, and therefore eliminate the Labor Party by reducing it's main source of financial support, we as Saints parents must do likewise to ensure that our precious bundles of joy do not defect, and therefore provide finacial support to our football enemies.

Like I said, it's crazy, but you know it makes sense.

To paraphrase Peter Costello...

One for mum, one for dad, and one for the Mighty Sainters!!

Sow in the spring so that our great club will reap in the winters to come!

Tried that, only succeeded in turning them completely off football. They always ask if we won or not though :wink:

PS: If you don't have kids, but have young and impressionably neices, nephews or cousins, buy them Saints merchandise from day 1.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Sun 04 Apr 2010 9:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well um i dont know when he was born
i rescued him and his sister from the vet...someone dumped them
i needed some mousers at that time

the sisters gone walkabout tho :roll:

Milton66
SS Life Member

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
rexy wrote:Good work from many on here. I am one of 4 kids and mum and dad got us all. I now have 2 kids both members and my brother also has 2 kids both memebers.

Yup, and ya gotta teach 'em the old knock-knock joke...

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Owen...
Owen who?

Owhen the Saints go marching in...

My 4yo daughter love sthat and sings the song.

My next challenge is to get my 6yo son to sing it at school assembly when they are told to sing the National Anthem.

If anything, the words to our song are easier to remember.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Owen...
Owen who?

My next challenge is to get my 6yo son to sing it at school assembly when they are told to sing the National Anthem.

aaahahahha
could you imaging it
absolute classic
s*** that would be funny

Milton66
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:

Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Owen...
Owen who?

aaahahahha
could you imaging it
absolute classic
s*** that would be funny
Don't laugh... I did it at the 97 GF.

:oops:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hahahaha
i never sing the anthem

i know what ill do now tho...maybe quietly under my breath anyway

The darkness
Club Player

When i firstmet my wife to be she was a dockers supporter, i really liked her and we went out for a few months before i told her that the relationship can not go any further if she choose to continue her support for the dockers. She is a smart lady and so changed to become a sainter.
We moved to Perth and had 2 x daughters there and had my wifes family trying to tell me that the girls deserve to be either eagles or docker supporters. I told them any kids of mine are born Saints and that is that !
When we were on the way to the hospital with the first born we had the radio on ABC classical to keep the good lady calm as she was in labour and lo and behold a jazz version of "oh when the saints" came across the airwaves. I looked over at my wife and we both smiled as we knew a new sainter was coming into the world.
My eldest two daughters are now 5 and 4 and both sing the song with gusto and our newest little saint is now 7 months and she was signed up from day 1 and has the coolest Saints birth certificate. Im so wrapped that my whole family are saints and look forward to the day when my kids have a whole heap of more Sainters....Get to work fellow Sainters
Have also made sainters of cousins that have come over from new zealand with no idea about the game and now are rabid saint supporters.

Milton66
SS Life Member

I signed up my son as a member this year. He is yet to see a losing game (didn't go to Nth game).

At the footy, he's more interested in food than footy, and occasionaly bobs his head up ask how many goals we've kicked.

To my surprise at the Brissy game, when they hit the front, he totally cracked the shytes and screeched his head off yelling at the players to "C'mon Saints. Kick more goals!".

I can't recall a prouder moment as a parent. :D

He did ask me last year why Fraser was no longer playing, to which I told him that he hurt his leg, and couldn't play anymore.

He quickly hit back with: "How can you hurt your leg playing on soft grass?"

linz
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:
linz wrote:Why stop there.

I reckon the club should post out mini Saints scarves to every new-born in

Australia. If nothing else it helps keep the bub warm and gives our Saints

Granny sewing supporters a sense of self-worth. Maybe the club could

supply the wool.

Even if we ping 1 supporter in a 100 it'd be worth it.
Brilliant, farkin brilliant suggestion. No, better than brilliant.
Imagine the media response as well.
I know a granny or 2 that'd be happy to knit a couple of scarves.
Pretty soon all clubs would get on the wagon... BUT thanks to linz, the Saints would've been the first.
Did I mention it's a brilliant idea?
Hail the mighty linz.
Aw shucks thanks aussierulesok :D :D :D

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.