Training-the pictures"they"didn't want you to see!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Training-the pictures"they"didn't want you to see!

Yes folks, I've entered the world of Today Tonight, bringing you the "real" story behind the news.

At Moorabbin today, an "open" training session was conducted. Such was the interest in this event, that almost fifty people turned up. After snapping a number of photos, I was approached by a very polite and rather embarrassed security guard and asked whether I had "official" permission to take photos. I had obviously missed the sign at the entry to the ground warning of such an offence (as did a few others, because it wasn't there).

Anyway, the man was only doing his job, so I stopped my photographic expose, and put the camera away. But not before these salacious gems were captured.

First, on entering the Linton Street area, this is a shot of the approach which will inform those who went to the ground in the 60s, 70s and 80s of certain removals in the recent past:

Second, in front of the G G Huggins Stand, the boys are doing a few exercises:

Next, Nick was explaining to the medicos that it was his arm and not his leg that he injured last Sunday. They seemed to say, "Nick, you clearly don't know your a*se from your elbow!" With that, Nick went for a run, on his elbows:

Then, Grammy is having a little conversation with Rossy about a twinge in the lower calf area. The coach seems to be saying, " You're a wuss Grammy, get out there and show your stuff!" With that, Grammy joined training:

Finally, the man with the digital recording device seen at the bottom of the second photo, and who wasn't challenged by the security guard (maybe he was too obvious), left training and got into a Lexus GS450h, chauffeur driven by a bloke called "Eddie" and sped off into the Melbourne whirly whirlies. This was after they took a quick look at something in the St Kilda Trophy Cabinet (small cabinet). I managed to snap what they saw, a 1966 version of the Holy Grail:

I left training in a far more positive frame of mind than when I arrived, despite my run in with "the law". Nick just wanted to fly but was held back by the medical staff, Lenny was itching to get out there and the rest were gearing up for the final onslaught. They looked ready to go. Go Saints!

Arthur Mullard
Club Player

Training the pictures they didnt want you to see

:lol: :lol: Any cruise missiles around???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yus my dear!!!!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

I think someone has stolen a few grandstands since I was last there??

saintly
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist, you said you left in a far more more positive mood!

was that different to to last week do you think?

Behind Play
Club Player

Was Lenny trainning?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:perfectionist, you said you left in a far more more positive mood!

was that different to to last week do you think?
Yes. Not sure why, the vibes just seemed better. As I mentioned, Lenny was pretty full on during the session and Nick was wanting to get into the fray but the medical staff were being very cautious. Even when he was supposed to be running laps, he sprinted ahead of the others (Michael, Steven K, Sean and Sam F).

The again, a team sitting 19/2, playing the bottom team on the MCG in the final round and virtually injury free, should have positive vibes.

I haven't read any reports as to why Brendon Goddard did not train. Oh, and I did not see Matthew Maguire either, now three weeks. Next year will be his time, I hope, and still with us.
Last edited by perfectionist on Thu 27 Aug 2009 1:45pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Lenny Hayes train with a guard? And did you notice him showing any discomfort at all throughout the session?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Lenny Hayes train with a guard? And did you notice him showing any discomfort at all throughout the session?
No to both that I could see (they do wear long sleeve lycra things at training these days, but they would show a guard).

starsign
Club Player

thanks for your sterling efforts Mr P

very greatly appreciated!

cheers!