Will Goose get a run?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Geezer
Club Player

in goose
out gwilt

#35 - Thanks for the Memories.
21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
starsign
Club Player

yeah , dur

HE can have the gander but
WE really don't really want to watch do we??

(I know i'm an old fart but that "gander" hasn't gone from the vernacular surely )
Last edited by starsign on Wed 26 Aug 2009 6:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Geezer wrote:in goose
out gwilt
:lol: Should they put Gwilt in before they drop him?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Goose not at training today.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Geezer
Club Player

degruch wrote:
out gwilt
gwilt played on sunday against the roos.

21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Geezer wrote:
degruch wrote:
out gwilt
gwilt played on sunday against the roos.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Did he? I (a) didn't notice and (b) didn't see a thread slagging off at him. I guess I'm the goose now! :oops:

Geezer
Club Player

he wasnt great on sunday . . .looked very ordinary . .wasnt alone tho.
we need a good middle size lead up forward for the finals and i dont think hes up for it.
hope im wrong.

21 Great Season's
Simply Remarkable
saintly_safes
Club Player

Carnt see Goose getting a gig this year but hopefully he will stay on & make the 100 club next year.I suppose we will find out soon enough

Newman
Club Player

I say definitely no Goose. Love him but let's celebrate his 100th in Round 1 2010. This week we need to pick the 22 players that will take part in the first semi and get them used to that one game at the MCG before finals. Why play Goose one week and then drop him. You can't go picking a player for finals with one senior game in 2009 under his belt.

rexy
SS Life Member

Newman wrote:I say definitely no Goose. Love him but let's celebrate his 100th in Round 1 2010. This week we need to pick the 22 players that will take part in the first semi and get them used to that one game at the MCG before finals. Why play Goose one week and then drop him. You can't go picking a player for finals with one senior game in 2009 under his belt.
I dont see him getting picked either, but to be honest you can do whatever you want. Gwilt debuted in a final. Paul Salmon is another that comes to me as a guy who played finals after missing the last part of the year through poor form.

Maybe this year?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
Newman wrote:I say definitely no Goose. Love him but let's celebrate his 100th in Round 1 2010. This week we need to pick the 22 players that will take part in the first semi and get them used to that one game at the MCG before finals. Why play Goose one week and then drop him. You can't go picking a player for finals with one senior game in 2009 under his belt.
I dont see him getting picked either, but to be honest you can do whatever you want. Gwilt debuted in a final. Paul Salmon is another that comes to me as a guy who played finals after missing the last part of the year through poor form.
Gwilt did not debut in a final.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
rexy wrote:
...just played his most outstanding early game in a final. Dermott Brereton would be the most famous finals debutant, wouldn't he?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:
reincarnated wrote:He will play - source coaching staff

ok, c'mon... spill it
It's about time Reincarnated received the praise and respect he/she/gt deserves

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...the g isn't that close to the i on most keyboards....... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
reincarnated wrote:
matrixcutter wrote:

ok, c'mon... spill it
It's about time Reincarnated received the praise and respect he/she/gt deserves

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...the g isn't that close to the i on most keyboards....... :twisted:
I'd considered that also, but thought the right hand which controls the "i" key is most likely otherwise engaged...

:shock: :wink:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm certainly one for romanticism...and I'd love to see Goose given the nod. The trouble is, and sadly, he hasn't been given the green light all year by the selectors. Since they are ones closest to the action, my opinion on the matter means very little. I hope he stays on with us and is onboard for next seasons Grand Final defense! Stay true Matty!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SaintWal
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:I'm certainly one for romanticism...and I'd love to see Goose given the nod. The trouble is, and sadly, he hasn't been given the green light all year by the selectors. Since they are ones closest to the action, my opinion on the matter means very little. I hope he stays on with us and is onboard for next seasons Grand Final defense! Stay true Matty!!
Matt is true, unfortunately the decision is not his.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I hope you are right. I would really like to see him have a shot to see what he has got to offer. Especially in a game that won't mean a lot in regards to our position in the finals. He may be a string in our bow should we have any injuries during the finals. My only concern is that there are various reports that he is still not 100% fit after the hamstring issue.

I tipped him as a smokey for this weeks ins and outs. I would genuinely like to see what he brings to the table at the top level. I have seen him at VFL level and the results have been a mixed bag. That said, I also don't know what the coaching staff expect from him. Maybe he is meeting their criteria.

If they do rest Riewoldt, it may be a logical inclusion. If they don't, he has no chance of getting a spot in the team this week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
rexy wrote:
...just played his most outstanding early game in a final. Dermott Brereton would be the most famous finals debutant, wouldn't he?
Was there a Hawthorn player called Michael Cook who debuted in a Grand Final in the mid 70s? Kicked 4 goals and went on to only play about 10 games in total?

Anyone remember that?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.