Should Schneider be dropped this week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

OUT: Grun, Keating (or is that spelt Cheating)
IN: Schneider

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Ice Wolf wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
GSG wrote:I cannot believe what I’m reading here - Schneider the Scapecoat!!

So Schneider did a stupid thing, but these Umpires are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS, not influenced by a player’s petulance. If a free needs to be paid, then it MUST be paid. It should NOT be overlooked because an umpire feels slighted, or miffed, or peeved, or narked, or what-#*# you want to call it. If he doesn’t pay such very, very blatant free kicks, then HE most certainly is the petulant, unprofessional one, and should never be allowed to umpire again.

As far as I’m concerned, this umpire threw the game. I don’t care whether St. Kilda played well or not, or deserved to win or not, it is supposed to be a fair a sporting event and should not be subjected to any umpire throwing hissy fits, consequently influencing the game to get revenge!

For God’s sake what kind of sporting event has the AFL become if an umpire is allowed to punish an entire football club because a player got up his nose!!
'Whispers in the Sky' - some would have you believe that it never happened?

Tony Jones never heard what was said to him - he's a liar!
The umpires didn't miss any baltant free kicks to us that night.
The umpires didn't pay any blatantly wrong free kicks to Freo that night.
It was just all 'swings and roundabouts' apparently.

As for Schneider's missed free kick in the last qtr - the umpire, although only 5 metres away, was obviously 'unsighted'. :roll:

It's just purely a co-incidence.
Was able to call holding the ball though.
And pay a 50!

Interesting that the Geish hasn't been asked to explain the umpires action! Probably because the club hasn't made a big enough stink about it. But I guess it makes us look bad if we have to resort to an unpaid free kick as the reason we lost to a bottom four team. Also, he would only either defend it or point out an instance where North should have got a free and wasn't paid.

I don't think for a second Schneider cost us the game and I guess everyone has a brain fade. A player of his experience though should know certainly know better and as stupid as his actions were, we all make mistakes!

So in that context, implying he needs to get dropped was a bit harsh of me. But seeing as every club adopts such a stance of mediocrity, you never know!

Bad management is bad management
JABBER
Club Player

should schneider be dropped

i beleive not you play your best 22 for the game leading into the finals and we need him and Milne to step up this week.

trevor barker
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
GSG wrote:I cannot believe what I’m reading here - Schneider the Scapecoat!!

So Schneider did a stupid thing, but these Umpires are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS, not influenced by a player’s petulance. If a free needs to be paid, then it MUST be paid. It should NOT be overlooked because an umpire feels slighted, or miffed, or peeved, or narked, or what-#*# you want to call it. If he doesn’t pay such very, very blatant free kicks, then HE most certainly is the petulant, unprofessional one, and should never be allowed to umpire again.

As far as I’m concerned, this umpire threw the game. I don’t care whether St. Kilda played well or not, or deserved to win or not, it is supposed to be a fair a sporting event and should not be subjected to any umpire throwing hissy fits, consequently influencing the game to get revenge!

For God’s sake what kind of sporting event has the AFL become if an umpire is allowed to punish an entire football club because a player got up his nose!!
'Whispers in the Sky' - some would have you believe that it never happened?

Tony Jones never heard what was said to him - he's a liar!
The umpires didn't miss any baltant free kicks to us that night.
The umpires didn't pay any blatantly wrong free kicks to Freo that night.
It was just all 'swings and roundabouts' apparently.

As for Schneider's missed free kick in the last qtr - the umpire, although only 5 metres away, was obviously 'unsighted'. :roll:

It's just purely a co-incidence.
Has anyone noticed whenever someone in the media this weeks discusses the implied corruption re this decision, there is laughter from the radio jocks?

Like: "Ahh, come on, it doesn't happen" (as in previous player actions influencing later ones).

No one has the guts anymore to take on the AFL on this.......GT no doubt would love to go head-to-head on air with Dimwit, but we all know this will never happen (unless Dimwit agrees to go on a community station with a very weak signal!).

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:No way, he has been fantastic this year. Maybe drop the dick head umpire though :roll:
Another fare call!
Tickets please.

oh the irony..... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Gurgman
Club Player

Re: Should Schneider be dropped this week?

SydneySainter wrote:Been a big fan of his since he came to the club and so far this year has been a very important player for us. But after his stupid antics last week which arguably cost us a clear free kick late in the game and a chance to tie the scores, I wouldn't be surprised if he's made to sit this one out and think about his breech of discipline.

He was a dick head and needs a kick up the bum!
How many games have you watched this year ? you should be dropped for being such a goose and starting this

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:No way, he has been fantastic this year. Maybe drop the dick head umpire though :roll:
Another fare call!
Tickets please.

I havent heard from you in a while cleaner man ffs emoticon old person. How are you going after not getting your pay rise.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Should Schneider be dropped this week?

Gurgman wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Been a big fan of his since he came to the club and so far this year has been a very important player for us. But after his stupid antics last week which arguably cost us a clear free kick late in the game and a chance to tie the scores, I wouldn't be surprised if he's made to sit this one out and think about his breech of discipline.

He was a dick head and needs a kick up the bum!
How many games have you watched this year ? you should be dropped for being such a goose and starting this
I think my criticism is fair. Probably doesn't deserved to get dropped, but the way he carried on was stupid and a player of his experience should know better than to bait an umpire, as we all know they have a lot of power with that whistle and there isn't a jury in world that will convict them!

Bad management is bad management
bozza1980
Club Player

No he should not be dropped.

That said, no matter how revoltingly bad the umpires were, we can't afford our senior players to show such glaring dissent towards them.

At the end of the day, no matter how incorrect the umpire and how accurate your argument, he aint changing his mind.

He needs to be, and I have no doubt was, told he can't act that way again, but he shouldn't be dropped.

asiu

Another fare call!

Tickets please.

I havent heard from you in a while cleaner man ffs emoticon old person.

:lol: :lol:

ahhhhh, i so love this place

aussiejones
Club Player

Should have known "he aint changing his mind."

Lucky it wasnt in a Final !!!

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:No way, he has been fantastic this year. Maybe drop the dick head umpire though
Another fare call!
Tickets please.

oh the irony.....
:shock: :mrgreen:

Stand your ground :shock:
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

No, bad call, silly call, emotive call.

I'm tipping the playing group collectively failed Ross and the Club last week so it's up to each and everyone of them to make amends this week and in the coming weeks. To do that we need our best on the park, not scolded and sitting in a corner.

Milton66
SS Life Member

gazrat wrote:
Another fare call!

Tickets please.

:lol: :lol:

ahhhhh, i so love this place
No comment. :shock:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?