Should Schneider be dropped this week?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Should Schneider be dropped this week?

Been a big fan of his since he came to the club and so far this year has been a very important player for us. But after his stupid antics last week which arguably cost us a clear free kick late in the game and a chance to tie the scores, I wouldn't be surprised if he's made to sit this one out and think about his breech of discipline.

He was a dick head and needs a kick up the bum!

Bad management is bad management
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

just leucoplast his gob shut.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

You're surely not suggesting that an umpire deliberately didn't pay a free kick to Schneider becasue he was still 'smarting' about Schneider's derisive clapping of him not awarding a free kick earlier?

To answer your question in the OP.

No I don't think Schneider should sit this one out.
It was an abberation When was the last time you saw him show a 'lack of discipline'? He seemed to be particularly peeved with teh umpiring on Sunday - maybe he felt he/we were being treated more badly than in previous weeks?

Young Georgie
Club Player

So is/do you :wink:

What on earth's that going to achieve - how about he repay you by booting a few goals this weekend and preparing on the field for a super important finals campaign.

Big fan one minute, 'he's a d**khead' the next - seriously, everyone's gotta quit this jekyl and hyde panic and put this into perspective ... 'it's a marathon' strength through loyalty!

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
shmic_s
Club Player

NO.

Should've got a kick up the backside from the coaching staff and then move on. Big factor for us come finals. We need him confident and firing.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

nope

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Absolutely not, has been the ultimate team player ALL year, one aberration borne out of frustration from p1ss poor umpiring.
Give him a break.

reincarnated

Schnider should also be held accountable for Nazi Germany

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

shmic_s wrote:NO.

Should've got a kick up the backside from the coaching staff and then move on. Big factor for us come finals. We need him confident and firing.
Probably a fair enough call!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: He seemed to be particularly peeved with teh umpiring on Sunday - maybe he felt he/we were being treated more badly than in previous weeks?
As were Goddard, Montagna, King, Milne and even Blake at various times too...

There was fury aplenty.

I suspect the cumulative effect of a lot of grizzling Saints had (possibly)more impact on the umpiring than Schneiderman's handclap.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
AlpineStars
Club Player

I think the p nut umpire who missed the free kick from 5 meters away should be sent to umpire test cricket as he is about at that standard.

Who was he? Is he doing a game this week?

Wake me up when September ends.
Sainterman
Club Player

Nope, deal with it during the review and move on.

Just hope they do the same thing at the umpiring panel...or wherever it is they do their reviews.

starsign
Club Player

be interesting to see if he's made to "really earn" his frees in the near future

don't expect any softies anyway, the events of last week won't be lost on the fraternity

I would never underestimate the power of the whistle and what some will do with it!

they like to educate players in their own way, and it often doesn't cease after the siren

not the cleverest thing to do on a footy field, particularly by a bloke of his experience, and he won't need to be told, just reminded!

asiu

no

passions a bitch sometimes ....done schneids

but this should go in red's thread of win
everyone's gotta quit this jekyl and hyde panic and put this into perspective ... 'it's a marathon' strength through loyalty!

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Joke thread... No way drop him..

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

No way, he has been fantastic this year. Maybe drop the dick head umpire though :roll:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Saint Bev wrote:No way, he has been fantastic this year. Maybe drop the dick head umpire though :roll:
Another fare call!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:No way, he has been fantastic this year. Maybe drop the dick head umpire though :roll:
Another fare call!
Tickets please.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Another fare call!
Tickets please.

:D

starsign
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:
Another fare call!
Tickets please.
fair call Plugger !

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No, not this time...and hopefully we don't have to worry about a next time

GSG
Club Player

I cannot believe what I’m reading here - Schneider the Scapecoat!!

So Schneider did a stupid thing, but these Umpires are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS, not influenced by a player’s petulance. If a free needs to be paid, then it MUST be paid. It should NOT be overlooked because an umpire feels slighted, or miffed, or peeved, or narked, or what-#*# you want to call it. If he doesn’t pay such very, very blatant free kicks, then HE most certainly is the petulant, unprofessional one, and should never be allowed to umpire again.

As far as I’m concerned, this umpire threw the game. I don’t care whether St. Kilda played well or not, or deserved to win or not, it is supposed to be a fair a sporting event and should not be subjected to any umpire throwing hissy fits, consequently influencing the game to get revenge!

For God’s sake what kind of sporting event has the AFL become if an umpire is allowed to punish an entire football club because a player got up his nose!!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:I cannot believe what I’m reading here - Schneider the Scapecoat!!

So Schneider did a stupid thing, but these Umpires are supposed to be PROFESSIONALS, not influenced by a player’s petulance. If a free needs to be paid, then it MUST be paid. It should NOT be overlooked because an umpire feels slighted, or miffed, or peeved, or narked, or what-#*# you want to call it. If he doesn’t pay such very, very blatant free kicks, then HE most certainly is the petulant, unprofessional one, and should never be allowed to umpire again.

As far as I’m concerned, this umpire threw the game. I don’t care whether St. Kilda played well or not, or deserved to win or not, it is supposed to be a fair a sporting event and should not be subjected to any umpire throwing hissy fits, consequently influencing the game to get revenge!

For God’s sake what kind of sporting event has the AFL become if an umpire is allowed to punish an entire football club because a player got up his nose!!
'Whispers in the Sky' - some would have you believe that it never happened?

Tony Jones never heard what was said to him - he's a liar!
The umpires didn't miss any baltant free kicks to us that night.
The umpires didn't pay any blatantly wrong free kicks to Freo that night.
It was just all 'swings and roundabouts' apparently.

As for Schneider's missed free kick in the last qtr - the umpire, although only 5 metres away, was obviously 'unsighted'. :roll:

It's just purely a co-incidence.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:

'Whispers in the Sky' - some would have you believe that it never happened?

Tony Jones never heard what was said to him - he's a liar!
The umpires didn't miss any baltant free kicks to us that night.
The umpires didn't pay any blatantly wrong free kicks to Freo that night.
It was just all 'swings and roundabouts' apparently.

As for Schneider's missed free kick in the last qtr - the umpire, although only 5 metres away, was obviously 'unsighted'. :roll:

It's just purely a co-incidence.
Was able to call holding the ball though.

starsign
Club Player

think we all would agree on the "shoulds" but I got news for you it's never been nor ever will be any different !