Lyon furious

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintdavies

Lyon furious

Heard from a reliable source that Lyon is furious...good signs.

He took the team in for a meeting for over an hour and yelled at them and was able to be heard by everyone in the building. Lyon knows people are slacking off and is prepared to make the necessary decisions.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Could you please ask your source saintdavies, was this the widely reported scolding after the game, or has there been another truth session today?

saintdavies

It was today just during a team meeting...Lyon aint happy.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

You got any radio or newspaper links to back it up?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

'Engineering losses' can send the wrong message through the place.

saintdavies

Nope...it was from someone inside the club itself, thus why he could hear him throughout the building. Said he's never heard Lyon be this loud or angry before.

Before anyone asks, i won't be saying who it is whether you believe me or not.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who was your reliable source, GT?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintWodonga
Club Player

saintdavies wrote:Nope...it was from someone inside the club itself, thus why he could hear him throughout the building. Said he's never heard Lyon be this loud or angry before.

Before anyone asks, i won't be saying who it is whether you believe me or not.
OK was it yesterday or today?

saintdavies

Was today during a team meeting as i said before.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

saintdavies wrote:Was today during a team meeting as i said before.
Sorry did not see your second post. Anyway, I am happy with that. He needed to, that's for sure.

saintdavies

yeah so am i after the people were saying Lyon was laid back and arrogant at his media conference. Hopefully that means we can get a 100+ point win against the Dees like we did to the bombers last year at this time :D .. even though it wont mean too much.

busso mick
Club Player

How loud was the Lyons Roar?

saints11
Club Player

busso mick wrote:How loud was the Lyons Roar?
:lol: :lol:

saintdavies

From what I've heard pretty loud if he could be heard from everywhere within the building.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I thought today was a recovery day and that the review meeting is tomorrow. Some things aren't quite adding up here. We might need to get stinger the troll sniffer on the job :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintdavies wrote:yeah so am i after the people were saying Lyon was laid back and arrogant at his media conference. Hopefully that means we can get a 100+ point win against the Dees like we did to the bombers last year at this time :D .. even though it wont mean too much.
Not sure who said he was laid back? I thought he was very prickly.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I thought today was a recovery day and that the review meeting is tomorrow. Some things aren't quite adding up here. We might need to get stinger the troll sniffer on the job :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: !!
Maybe it was a performance for the media? :wink:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintdavies

Eastern wrote:I thought today was a recovery day and that the review meeting is tomorrow. Some things aren't quite adding up here. We might need to get stinger the troll sniffer on the job :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: !!
Lol no im not trolling...unless the source was wrong, which i highly doubt, it happened. Not much i can do to prove it to you guys but yea...i trust this person.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I perceive him to be a measured kind of guy, an hour long scolding session strikes me as unusual...more unusual however is this apparent lack of privacy between the coaches and players.

saintdavies

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I perceive him to be a measured kind of guy, an hour long scolding session strikes me as unusual...more unusual however is this apparent lack of privacy between the coaches and players.
Exactly why i posted this as it is unusual for Lyon to do this, meaning the players are obviously not putting in 110%.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintdavies wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:I perceive him to be a measured kind of guy, an hour long scolding session strikes me as unusual...more unusual however is this apparent lack of privacy between the coaches and players.
Exactly why i posted this as it is unusual for Lyon to do this, meaning the players are obviously not putting in 110%.
And also maybe that he's out of ideas?

Legendary
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
saintdavies wrote:
Or maybe for such a measured and well-thought out coach, he is purposefully using some verbal anger at this point in the season?

Depends which way you spin it.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintdavies wrote:
Or maybe for such a measured and well-thought out coach, he is purposefully using some verbal anger at this point in the season?

Depends which way you spin it.
Gee I hope you're right.

But a bit worrying that a formula that has worked all year, suddenly gets changed at R22.

Hopefully it's not a sign of desperation.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
saintdavies wrote:
For sure. If I was Lyon I'd be heading straight around to GT's place tonight after Footy Classified,and asking him to come back to the helm as a coaching advisor. Maybe even hand the reigns over to the supercoach,we'd be in much safer hands ,especially with his september record!

Bring back the Lockett era
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
saintdavies wrote:
For sure. If I was Lyon I'd be heading straight around to GT's place tonight after Footy Classified,and asking him to come back to the helm as a coaching advisor. Maybe even hand the reigns over to the supercoach,we'd be in much safer hands ,especially with his september record!
And then GT could call in rodgerfox as his tactical advisor?