Joey's Trip - Anyone Worried

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Joey's Trip - Anyone Worried

Joeys trip on the wing didn't look great on the replay...

No free kick or umpire reaction of any kind, but i've seen the review panel monkeys come up with stranger things.

We're not too far from the results being out, so is anyone worried??

For mine, he'll get a week. Tell me if i'm wrong, but i believe he has points from earlier this year???

saints11
Club Player

Well as long as he doesn't get 2...

Joey
Club Player

was looked at and no charge from herald sun

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

"Contact between St Kilda’s Leigh Montagna and North Melbourne’s Andrew Swallow from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Montagna held up his leg and had his arms outstretched in an attempt to prevent Swallow from getting past him. Montagna’s leg made contact with the North Melbourne player just above the knee and he did not swing his leg into Swallow. "

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Sainterman
Club Player

Joey wrote:was looked at and no charge from herald sun

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

"Contact between St Kilda’s Leigh Montagna and North Melbourne’s Andrew Swallow from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Montagna held up his leg and had his arms outstretched in an attempt to prevent Swallow from getting past him. Montagna’s leg made contact with the North Melbourne player just above the knee and he did not swing his leg into Swallow. "
Don't tell me we have some good news!

:)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Contact between North Melbourne’s Alan Obst and St Kilda’s Nick Riewoldt from the first quarter of Sunday’s game was assessed. Due to the inconclusive nature of the video evidence, no further action could be taken.

Contact between St Kilda’s Leigh Montagna and North Melbourne’s Andrew Swallow from the fourth quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. Montagna held up his leg and had his arms outstretched in an attempt to prevent Swallow from getting past him. Montagna’s leg made contact with the North Melbourne player just above the knee and he did not swing his leg into Swallow. No further action was taken.
nothing against Obst either- where Nick was left doubled over.

nothing for Schneider 'pheww

but Swallow charged
Andrew Swallow, North Melbourne, has been charged with a first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire (Stefan Grun) during the second quarter of the Round 21 match between North Melbourne and St Kilda, played at Docklands on Sunday August 23, 2009.

In summary, he can accept a $1950 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for making negligent contact with an umpire is a $2600 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $1950 sanction.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Great news on Joey.

I thought he'd go on that.

As for Obst on Riewoldt, isn't there a process in place to investigate incidents that were not captured on camera? Obviously something has happened way of the ball, but because there was no film they just can't be bothered.

I'd like to know if it was worse than for instance, Dawson's hit on Symes.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti23 wrote: As for Obst on Riewoldt, isn't there a process in place to investigate incidents that were not captured on camera? Obviously something has happened way of the ball, but because there was no film they just can't be bothered.
Only if it's Bakes. They all but called the entire Etihad stadium audience for evidence on that one!

Did anyone actually see the incident? Was up the other end of the ground to that and all I saw was the North player running off with Nick bent over on the ground and the ball was up our end of the ground. Nick should take a leaf out of Nick Maxwells book and out the player and call them on it as Maxwell did on TV. Sorry, forgot, Nick has more class and intelligence than that....... :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius