My view on where we're at.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

My view on where we're at.

Far more reasons to be not too concerned. Lets look at our situation.

We will finish on top

I believe we are a team that unfortunately still lack mental strength and psych ourselves up to perform better against top teams than lower sides which we expect to just go out and beat.

That's why I think we've slipped and been beaten by 2 teams we should have won against.

Also add to that the fact that in their heads they would have known these last couple of games are as good as dead rubbers as we finish now on top regardless.

I'm not saying they deliberately didn't try I'm just saying with the mental intensity of the game today any slight lapse in focus or hunger can have you under the hammer very easily.

Then let's not forget our other good fortune. Injuries. We're about to go into the finals in very good shape.

So IMO I truly expect (regardless of this last game) at the start the finals for them to hit the reset button and be mentally psyched and charged up applying the same intensity as the beginning of this season.

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Re: My view on where we're at.

Winmar7Fan wrote: Also add to that the fact that in their heads they would have known these last couple of games are as good as dead rubbers as we finish now on top regardless.

I'm not saying they deliberately didn't try I'm just saying with the mental intensity of the game today any slight lapse in focus or hunger can have you under the hammer very easily.

Then let's not forget our other good fortune. Injuries. We're about to go into the finals in very good shape.
Good to see a level-headed thread on here!

Some points well made.

wallbanger
Club Player

Very optimistic post - let's hope so!!!

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
ctqs
Club Player

Re: My view on where we're at.

Winmar7Fan wrote:I believe we are a team that unfortunately still lack mental strength
What? You're kidding? Based on what? How can a team that lacks mental strength do what only three other sides have done in the entire history of the competition? :evil:

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.