Riewoldt - Scan

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldt - Scan

A lot of apparent hide and seek Roo and his scan - knee

Club according to SEN said he was going to be at a Club announcement re Seaford when Roo was booked in for scan and was never going to be a show at the Seaford announcement.

fingers crossed re the scan!!!

saint4life
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Same thing when Joey had a scan on his elbow. St Kilda have been renowned this year for trying to keep the media at bay and not offering anything up for nothing. With the behaviour of the media this year in particular, I can't say I blame the club. With finals coming up, we need to keep our cards close to our chest.

The little parasite Hutchy would be on it. Would have been waiting out the front of his house this morning and followed him as soon as he left the driveway.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I hate to be the pessimist here, but Lyon said it was corky. From what Roo was clutching at, and from how he appeared to be impaired, I'm not sure how it could have been a cork. I mean what's to cork in your knee? Just hope it ain't a posterior, even mild...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Saintschampions08
Club Player

Thinline wrote:I hate to be the pessimist here, but Lyon said it was corky. From what Roo was clutching at, and from how he appeared to be impaired, I'm not sure how it could have been a cork. I mean what's to cork in your knee? Just hope it ain't a posterior, even mild...
They said a corky just above the knee...

But the clubs been notorious for hiding everything even close to an injury this year, and more or less since RL has come to the club.

older saint
SS Life Member

Looked fairly good turning on to his right and launching it 55 metres in the last minute yesterday.

Probably just precaution which is good management and perhaps a weeks reat

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Let's hope so. Like I said, I hate being the pessimist...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

older saint wrote:Looked fairly good turning on to his right and launching it 55 metres in the last minute yesterday.

Probably just precaution which is good management and perhaps a weeks reat
+1

The way he finished off the game says it all. Scans are precautionary and will probably get a weeks rest. Good time to test MacGuire.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

he grabbed for the outside of the right knee

strange cork, but im presuming its possible
:?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Probably just precaution which is good management and perhaps a weeks reat
bj to ff?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

He always takes a week to get going after a breather. For that reason I don't want him rested. better he plays at 80% on reduced game time I reckon. If it's feasible/realistic that is...

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:
saint75 wrote:Probably just precaution which is good management and perhaps a weeks reat
bj to ff?
I believe it may be MacGuire or McEvoy in to replace him. Hope it is MacGuire. Think he would slot into this spot well if needed. Would like to see what he has got to offer before the finals.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bj to ff?
I believe it may be MacGuire or McEvoy in to replace him. Hope it is MacGuire. Think he would slot into this spot well if needed. Would like to see what he has got to offer before the finals.
i'd go with bj as our main avenue to goal in riewoldt's absence, but that's just me.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bj to ff?
Goose for PM!

Fair Dinkum, is it worth bothering with Goose at this stage of the season?

I was in favour of a "charity" type apprearance for his 100th game, but the North game would've been a good vehicle for that IMO.....we need players in the side against Melbourne that realistically have a chance of playing finals footy, and I'd bet my house that Goose is not part of the plan for this season. By all means bring back the Big Mac, as he's shown form over several games.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

umm what was the seaford anouncement?, all I heard was Brumby helps the saints but how?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Would unsettle the team too much to push him up forward IMHO. I would prefer to give MacGuire a run next week to see what he has to offer. It would be better to try him now to see what he can bring to the table in a no pressure game that if we lose it won't make a difference to September.

Make no mistake though, it would be a very high pressure game for MacGuire as he will want to save his spot on the St Kilda list. He will want to show his value to both the Saints coaching panel and other potential AFL teams (if he does get delisted next year). If he plays and can show his versatility (in that he can play forward as well as back), it will work in his favour and may also be another ace up our sleeve for September.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

so give goose a run?
when the chances of him playing a finals are what??

has he been dominating in the twos??
nope
no afl match fitness
so i really cant see a reason in bringing him in

sad tho

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Isn't Goose injured?

And if not, what's he done to deserve a game?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Far out.

If we lose Roo....season over. :shock:

WTF is all this about Seaford?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

I think it would be worth a shot next week in a game that means nothing in regards to the finals. May add an extra dimension to the team that was not there otherwise, especially if Nick is out for a week or 2.

Can't see the harm considering we would have to be sitting in a circle in the middle of the ground and refuse to participate in the match before Melbourne would throw away their priority pick!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Sainterman
Club Player

Be nice to get a result on the scan first wouldn't it?

I am still surprised Roo would remain on the ground and launch into a 50-55 metre shot at goal if this was a major issue.

Might need to be looked after through the week and injected with something on game day, but unless it is very serious he just needs to be out there at this time of year.

Don't care too much about the loss yesterday, but losing Roo would be devastating news.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Sainterman wrote:Be nice to get a result on the scan first wouldn't it?

I am still surprised Roo would remain on the ground and launch into a 50-55 metre shot at goal if this was a major issue.

Might need to be looked after through the week and injected with something on game day, but unless it is very serious he just needs to be out there at this time of year.

Don't care too much about the loss yesterday, but losing Roo would be devastating news.
Didn't we lose Lenny after he played a full game with an anterior cuciate injury?

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:

Didn't we lose Lenny after he played a full game with an anterior cuciate injury?
Yes we did.

Thanks for the reminder NOT!

Sainterman
Club Player

Mr X from the West wrote:

Would we have learned nothing from that?

markp
Saintsational Legend

They just said when he was leaving he was walking perfectly, which has to be a good sign.

vantheman
Club Player

nick on sen

Nick just spoke to Mark Doran and said his leg feels a little sore but fine.
Scan for precautionary purposes but he would be very surprised if any problems, expects to play against Dees this Sunday