What the hell has happend?? Amateur anlaysis here please...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Fkn so many people pissing and moaning about the umpires.

FFS get over it.

We lost due to poor intensity in the first half and poor conversion in front of goal throughout.

These blokes are in third gear IMO...not good enough.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
starsign
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:thought some might of thought they were playing for a spot in a finals side :?

maybe they were told something very different
bigred wrote:Fkn so many people pissing and moaning about the umpires.

yep no value there, just complaining/worrying about something way beyond our control........

however.....anyone who has ever played the game in a serious vein will tell you they are HUMAN and have been known to be influenced by adverse player reactions and punish individuals with the obvious weapon they have at their disposal when given the chance

(same as the old evener-upper only the reverse)

they often like to remind players who's boss

so it makes more sense to complain about something we HAVE control over ...stirring them up........never a smart thing

Oh and someone needs to remind Schneider !!! (maybe GT).....

(It SHOULDN'T happen , we all know that. but it DOES!! )

timclark27
Club Player

Our use of the ball was terrible. Disposals were woeful, inaccurate all day. I think the scoreboard alone tells you that. If we had of kicked straight we would have won.

I had the feeling they were coasting. Win or lose doesn't change much but go in too hard, risk being injured and miss out on playing in the finals.

The umpires get told each week what to pay and what to let go. The perceived 'poor umpiring' complaints should go further up the chain as the umpires are only doing what they are told to do.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

spert
Saintsational Legend

It's all won and lost in the midfield -the mids lose the contest and that puts pressure on the backs. Our midfield and onballers have gone off the boil in the last couple of weeks and that's where the problem lies.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Not only did we lose the "contested possessions" stat, but according to the scoreboard after the match, they had pretty much DOUBLE our "hard ball gets". That is terrible, especially after Ross made a point last week of the fact that had been our weekness in recent weeks.
But the worst thing is only kicking 8 goals, in pretty much ideal conditions, against a team that's 13th on the ladder. That's pathetic, especially just 2 weeks out from the finals.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
mordi
Club Player

Some credit PLEASE to our players..........

They can (and do) raise and lower the intensity of their game when needed.

I want self-less acts in games that count, not against North and Demons.

I think they get the fact that when we play the Doggies in two weeks time, they will turn the intensity knob up to 11 !

What's the Point of it All?