Gram

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:I don't think the likes of Gram can be condemned for there efforts today. They were far superior to that of Dal Santo who looked less than interested. I would doubt anyone here would claim that Levi Greenwood is an outstanding tagger yet he made "The Jogging Man" look every bit an ordinary player. People will come on this forum and have a crack at the likes of Blake, R.Clarke, X.Clarke, Jones and Gram yet they are the ones that work there butts off even though they aren't blessed with the skills of a great AFL players. Yes there lack of skills will turn the ball over and maybe constantly but they put in the efforts to win the ball back often. I just home that some of our boys have a long hard look at the game replay and are made to see who pathetic some of their efforts were.
I agree with everything you have said there, however when does Gram win back his own ball, has he ever had a contested possession?
True that part was mainly for the battlers other than Gram. But he does run to get the hard earnt ball from those other players rather than expect to be given to him with out little effort.
I like the battlers and their effort, I dont like it how Gram dances around a pack and messes his dipsoal, if he could pick those parts of his games up he would be a star of the competiiton

He has the ability to win the ball and the fact that this is his job and he stillc ant kick is a major negative, they practice their skills, yet he still can't do it. So if you are the boss of your company and your employee keeps stuffing up what they are doing do you keep them because they are trying or sack them because they are costing you money and making mistakes?

Go figure

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:I don't think the likes of Gram can be condemned for there efforts today. They were far superior to that of Dal Santo who looked less than interested. I would doubt anyone here would claim that Levi Greenwood is an outstanding tagger yet he made "The Jogging Man" look every bit an ordinary player. People will come on this forum and have a crack at the likes of Blake, R.Clarke, X.Clarke, Jones and Gram yet they are the ones that work there butts off even though they aren't blessed with the skills of a great AFL players. Yes there lack of skills will turn the ball over and maybe constantly but they put in the efforts to win the ball back often. I just home that some of our boys have a long hard look at the game replay and are made to see who pathetic some of their efforts were.
I agree with everything you have said there, however when does Gram win back his own ball, has he ever had a contested possession?
True that part was mainly for the battlers other than Gram. But he does run to get the hard earnt ball from those other players rather than expect to be given to him with out little effort.
I like the battlers and their effort, I dont like it how Gram dances around a pack and messes his dipsoal, if he could pick those parts of his games up he would be a star of the competiiton

He has the ability to win the ball and the fact that this is his job and he stillc ant kick is a major negative, they practice their skills, yet he still can't do it. So if you are the boss of your company and your employee keeps stuffing up what they are doing do you keep them because they are trying or sack them because they are costing you money and making mistakes?

Go figure
Grams kicking is pretty bad but he isn't alone there Fisher, Dal Santo , Ball, Armitage are all ordinary with their kicking and their decision making. So the question is how much are we practicing out kicking because some of these guys have gone backwards with their disposal of late.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Re: Gram

Batnoe wrote:Yay, well done son, you got 30 touches....

Now learn to kick you cost us the game with your crappy disposal, if you could learn to kick it would be great, but until then you are going to cost us games...

The commentators were amazed they were leaving him on his own, you dont think they know he cant kick and hurt you!!

30 touches 50 % efficiency, well done
You really dont have a clue do you? if it wasn't for Gram and Roo in the first half we would have got flogged. The guy ran himself to a standstill. I am not a Big Gram fan, as my previous posts will atest to, but give credit when its due, he had a great game. Dal was woeful 9 possessions for the game is bad enough but he also got continuously ran off by his direct opponent.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

how can you say Gram had a great game, my god!! He butchered the ball more than any player in a single gameI have seen in my 36 years. Fair dinkum what game where you watching?

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

older saint wrote:Grams nickname should be "Shower" as he sprays the ball everywhere.

The problem is the difference between his bad and good are extreme. Yes he won the ball but that is worth nothing if you turn it over. Mark Mcgough used to win the ball.
Thats crap he hardly ever got it with us that why we flicked him. I've never known anyone thats been dropped or delisted for getting 30 disposals a game regardless of how good or bad.

So do you lot really believe we would have been truly better off without his game today and think he should be dropped?

Yeah lets drop him and put some green little pimple faced kid in that struggles to get 3 touches.

Yeah the Roos players deliberately allowed him 30 disposals because they have no respect for him as he would turn them all over.

This is the biggest load of crap I've read on here.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:how can you say Gram had a great game, my god!! He butchered the ball more than any player in a single gameI have seen in my 36 years. Fair dinkum what game where you watching?
You obviously don't remember Jayson Daniels and Frank Coglan.

You get 30 disposals a game If half are poor that means you have 15 good effective disposals and out of the 15 poor a lot of those don't end up causing damage anyway (especially if they're up in our forward area).

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:He is a selfish player. He has got to lower his eyes.
Spot on.

He is also leaning back and over hooking his leg when he kicks.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
Legendary wrote:Better than 9 touches at 80% efficiency, aka Nick Dal Santo.

At the end of the day, it's better to have a bloke like Gram get 30+ and turn it over, than to have a lesser player in the side who doesn't find the footy.

Gram was the only one getting near it until half time.
Are you trying to be funny?

i would rather Gram touch the ball once at 100 % than touch it 30 times and butcher it 15 times, he can be a great player if he learnt to kick

At least Dal Santo hit 10 targets out of his 12 as apposed to 15 out of 30
So you would rather Gram have one good disposal only and instead of taking a chance with him, have his opponent make up the difference and have plenty of it instead?

Batnoe

Winmar7Fan wrote:
Batnoe wrote:

At the end of the day, it's better to have a bloke like Gram get 30+ and turn it over, than to have a lesser player in the side who doesn't find the footy.

i would rather Gram touch the ball once at 100 % than touch it 30 times and butcher it 15 times, he can be a great player if he learnt to kick

So you would rather Gram have one good disposal only and instead of taking a chance with him, have his opponent make up the difference and have plenty of it instead?
No what part dont u understand, i like it how he gets the ball but he f**** it, so i would rather 1 touch at 100 percent than turn 15 over and give the team f***** easy possessions out of defence because of his inept kicking

its a disgrace, he is getting paid to kick a ball and he practices it, so would you let some letter maggot work at McDonalds giving the wrong change every time because they are trying hard? It is the same thing, he is costing the team by his crappy disposal

Simple

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
Batnoe wrote:

No what part dont u understand, i like it how he gets the ball but he f**** it, so i would rather 1 touch at 100 percent than turn 15 over and give the team f***** easy possessions out of defence because of his inept kicking

its a disgrace, he is getting paid to kick a ball and he practices it, so would you let some letter maggot work at McDonalds giving the wrong change every time because they are trying hard? It is the same thing, he is costing the team by his crappy disposal

Simple
He didnt turn the ball over 15 times. If that was the case he would have had 15 clangers. Played well today just kicked poorly. Not sure on your theory of having one possession being as good as 15 wasted ones when you have 30. Never seen a game won by a side withh 22 possessions at 100% accuracy.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
Winmar7Fan wrote:
Batnoe wrote:

Simple
He didnt turn the ball over 15 times. If that was the case he would have had 15 clangers. Played well today just kicked poorly. Not sure on your theory of having one possession being as good as 15 wasted ones when you have 30. Never seen a game won by a side withh 22 possessions at 100% accuracy.
His kicking is never great, its part of his game, what was the excuse for 20 odd others? Easy to remember Grammy's bad kicks because he GOT the thing.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:
Batnoe wrote:

Go figure
Grams kicking is pretty bad but he isn't alone there Fisher, Dal Santo , Ball, Armitage are all ordinary with their kicking and their decision making. So the question is how much are we practicing out kicking because some of these guys have gone backwards with their disposal of late.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote: Image
Can you farking stop with those stupid emoticons ???

Put in some substance into your post or just leave the thread alone FFS...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Does it matter. Its a bit of fun. Dont take things to seriously.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

excuse you???

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

A good deal of his post mean F*** all and have an just an annoying emoticon as a response with nothing else....

either have a comment or why the F*** bother ???

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

A good deal of his post mean F*** all and have an just an annoying emoticon as a response with nothing else....

either have a comment or why the F*** bother ???
Its called a bit of fun. You remember fun dont you.

wallbanger
Club Player

I thought Gram and dal Santo were VERY, VERY ordinary today - disappointing considering Lenny wasn't there, you would've expected these two to life a bit to try and cover the gap of Hayes.

It just seems that without Lenny our midfield suddenly seems a little brittle and, dare I say it, a little soft, especially with Ball also out of the team and apparently out of favour.

God, can't wait for Lenny to return next week.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

am i breaking any rules?

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

matrixcutter wrote:am i breaking any rules?
Your being to light hearted in this ultra serious forum. Now i recall why i avoided this place for the first 19 weeks of the year. I will have to remember that in future. This place used to be a fun place to talk footy now no one is allowed to have an opinion without being lambasted for having an alternative point of view to cyberbully know it alls.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

thank you
ive had a really REALLY shite day
the footy topped it off
if i want to eat chips or popcorn i will

Image to the grumpy bums
8-)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Can someone please get rid of stupid little yellow balls from this site full stop.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
reincarnated

Reincarnated was correct, Gram's disposal is still bloody awful

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Gram was good today in terms of getting the ball...his use was ordinary if not shocking. However at least he was running and taking them on. Would of been nice to see NDS get the ball more than single digit times. Old JT wannabe had an absolute shocker today,probably his worst game ever

Bring back the Lockett era
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:

Sorry mate - But thats just silly.