Time to hold our nerve

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Time to hold our nerve

Have deliberately not posted for a while until I have calmed down and bit after watching the game on Fox.

Posts have fluctuated between the predictable meltdown[and troll baiting :x ] to more rational responses to what we saw today.

Todays loss was disappointing no doubt but I am not hitting the panic button by a long way.

Really believe that the last 2 weeks have been the result of not a lot to gain/heavy training and a little subconscious self preservation before september.

Last year in the same round Hawthorn were in a very similar postion and lost to Richmond for probably the same reason.

As it is most are now talking up Collingwood and the Dogs bigtime [the team that lost to the eagles 2 weeks ago!] and I would think that Thompson and Lyon wouldn't mind that aspect at all.

The reality is that we have lost 2 games by under a kick[1 after the siren :x ] and could so easily be still undefeated .

Today we had 58 inside 50's to Norths 39 and had 19 scoring shots to 14
which clearly means that we just butchered our opportunitys in front of the sticks.

Again not good but not fatal in a game of no real consequence and it gives the coaching staff something to address before the real stuff.

There is no real merit in blaming umpires but I hope we don't get the raw end of the pineapple in september like we got in the last 10 minutes of the last quarter.

This along with the bounce of ball seeming to fall Norths way in every 50/50 contest hopefully means we have got some bad karma out of the way before the finals.

If either of Schneiders or Armos free kicks had been paid[and they were blatant even according to the commentators on the ABC we win the game.

They weren't...we didn't but ultimately it means little.

If it gives false hope to the Collingwood army then good luck to them 8-)

We will see a fresher,more committed St.Kilda when the real stuff begins..

Watch this space,hold your nerve and KEEP THE FAITH :wink:
Last edited by saint patrick on Sun 23 Aug 2009 9:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

wish people would get the Rich / Haw round correct!

:wink:

saint4life
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Great post.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Yes like the fact that the spotlight has turned to on the Pies and the Dogs - I am sure Lyon and Thompson would welcome this

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:wish people would get the Rich / Haw round correct!

Sorry chook thought it was round 21 ...know it was late...round 19,20 whatever..still about as significant IMO :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Yes like the fact that the spotlight has turned to on the Pies and the Dogs - I am sure Lyon and Thompson would welcome this

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY
and you think it wont be on us in the press/radio tomorrow

saint4life
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Well done St Patrick...

I agree totally St Pat - but it doesn't assist with the thought that perhaps the boys have lost their metal and are going to go out of the finals in straight sets. I dont believe they will but I can understand peoples concerns - but like you wisely added it is 'time to keep your cool'....and have faith in Rossy and his crew.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Oh FFS does it matter.

The point is that the Hawks got thumped coming into the finals (we also thumped them if you remember) and won the flag.

That is the point - so farking what if it is a round or two out :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Oh FFS does it matter.

The point is that the Hawks got thumped coming into the finals (we also thumped them if you remember) and won the flag.

if it is timed to the perfection maybe but one or 2 rounds/games out could be a huge farking concern to us

saint4life
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

no - i'm off the lazy bastards - cost me a whopper burger! again!

but seriously, like you, i waited a fair while to post - didn't want to get in a slanging match with all the closet critics and pessimists that have jumped out in force.

some comment is fair and... well it is a forum, but you gotta wonder about some others. And we should trade that liability of a captain...apparently?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Oh FFS does it matter.

if it is timed to the perfection maybe but one or 2 rounds/games out could be a huge farking concern to us
so from that response it is obvious you still dont get it :roll: :roll:

Fair Dinkum - go and drown in your own misery for all I care.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
chook23 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Oh FFS does it matter.

so from that response it is obvious you still dont get it :roll: :roll:

Fair Dinkum - go and drown in your own misery for all I care.
JB I do get it.....

it is the timing that is of some concern......the hiccup and so called tapering/workload has generally been washed through the system by end of round 19-20....

saint4life
SuperSaint
Club Player

Yes, excellent post Saint Pat but I am completely baffled by the fact that they couldn't turn it on and break away from North today. That's the really disappointing part. At no stage did they look convincing with the game plan they have led the competition with. :(

Also I am concerned with Gardy's injury in the last quarter and Roo's knee injury. Gardy apparently did not re-appear from the rooms and Roo was struggling. At least it was his right knee and not his left, which needed surgery pre-saeson.
Last edited by SuperSaint on Sun 23 Aug 2009 10:08pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baldock Rules
Club Player

Good post Patrick.Have a feeling the motivation factor will overide the survival[self preservation] factor by the first final.

The dogs were in a similar situation early in the season last year and could not lose 3 rd spot.Think they lost 4 or 5 games towards the end of the regular season but ended up just losing to Geelong in the prelim in a very close one.

Wouldn't write us off just yet!

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
felixleo
Club Player

You are far too reasonable to be on this site ,get off.

Are you gonna be the one?
Baldock Rules
Club Player

felixleo wrote:You are far too reasonable to be on this site ,get off.
Ok.Past my bedtime and have had enough of the doomdayers.Stay positive everyone.The saints will be there when the whips are cracking :D

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.