Ross Lyon

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

felixleo
Club Player

Our trust is in the team.

Are you gonna be the one?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Now that it is raised. Watched his press conf. On afl site and did not like it.
A) kept saying about record this year instead of todays game.
B) was obviously fibbing re injuries ( scratched himself each time he answered questions re injuries
and
C) appeared satisfied and saying it is a marathon.
Not his best performance.
what he says to press and what he does with Team
St Kilda coach Ross Lyon stressed it 'certainly is not panic stations' yet despite giving his players a fearful verbal spray after a shock five-point loss to struggling North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

Lyon had the media ushered from the Saints' dressing-room immediately after the loss before he launched at his men after they had followed a stunning two-point loss to Essendon in Round 20 with a lethargic effort against the Kangaroos.
http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/ ... ints-76463

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
matrix
Saintsational Legend

The darkness
Club Player

Yep we have lost 2 games in a row...People, the ship is listing ,not sinking ! Love the position we are in...we can only get better from here.
The Filth are setting them selves up nicely for a major case of the wobbles ,the cats are in more strife than the early settlers and the dogs will play there finals games 3 weeks too soon. We have the world doubting us and turning their backs on the team that took all before them through the yaer...Let them do this at there peril.
We have turned from being the hunted to the hunter...its all before us
Why bitch and moan ? Yeah we could of done this and that over the last 2 weeks but hey we are top of the ladder and will be there come september in the best shape we have been for a long time...Have faith !

Legendary
Club Player

No one can really make a judgment on the last two weeks or next week until the end of this season.

If we go on to win the flag Lyon will be the "master coach" for the way he has managed the group and their form.

If we bow out in straight sets then he will have stuffed us up completely.

But until September, how can we judge?

Finna
Club Player

The Darkness:
Yep we have lost 2 games in a row...People, the ship is listing ,not sinking ! Love the position we are in...we can only get better from here.
The Filth are setting them selves up nicely for a major case of the wobbles ,the cats are in more strife than the early settlers and the dogs will play there finals games 3 weeks too soon. We have the world doubting us and turning their backs on the team that took all before them through the yaer...Let them do this at there peril.
We have turned from being the hunted to the hunter...its all before us
Why bitch and moan ? Yeah we could of done this and that over the last 2 weeks but hey we are top of the ladder and will be there come september in the best shape we have been for a long time...Have faith !
Awesome Post.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Now that it is raised. Watched his press conf. On afl site and did not like it.
A) kept saying about record this year instead of todays game.
B) was obviously fibbing re injuries ( scratched himself each time he answered questions re injuries
and
C) appeared satisfied and saying it is a marathon.
Not his best performance.
Ahh...perception....I didnt see it that way at all.

To me Lyon distrusts the media immensely - hes not comfortable so he talks to fill in gaps eg asks himself questions he knows the answers to/reverts to numbers cause he does know where we break down.

That said I actually thought he looked a tad p1ssed off. Im sure he had his game face "we are all calm at saints" attitude strapped on.....but to me h'ed have given a burst to the players and rightly so.

Im just wrapt he dropped Hayes and it just proves the theory: stop Hayes and you go a long way to stopping Saints midfield.

Lie to see Joey, Goddard, Dal ramp it up again and soon. Ball needs to get back - we are 1 prime midfielder short IMHO.

Anyone like the look of Ben Cousins by the way? (I did...)

“Yeah….nah””
vacuous space
SS Life Member

I watch or listen to the pressers every week. There wasn't much out of the ordinary about today's presser except for the fact that we had lost. I think it might have been a little longer. Since the footy press tends to focus on the loser more than the winner, that's to be expected.

I thought Ross was very composed in his presser. I didn't see arrogance or anything worrying. He gave the opposition due credit, he lamented the missed opportunities we had. He didn't take the bait on the umpires unlike certain hotheaded former coaches would have. If anyone wanted him to give us a bake in public, then they're clearly not familiar with RL.

It would surprise me if he'd torn strips off our players after either loss. It just doesn't seem to be his nature. It's always possible that he's entirely different behind closed doors. I doubt it though. He does a good job of keeping the lid on after a win, I doubt he's going to blow a gasket after the loss. Sportal's probably just annoyed they got booted.

I'm not worried. We're 19-2. We have a great list. We have a good coach. I'm not guaranteeing wins, but I doubt we'll leave anyone wondering once meaningful football returns.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
maverick
Saintsational Legend

RL does his some of his best work publicly IMO, always professional, leads the club with class.