Schneider applauds the umpire

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
The Sainter wrote:Look, we were very poor with our decision making today continually hand balling when we were clear and should have quickly kicked it down field to our tall forwards but saying that, today's umpiring was as bad as any i've seen in my over 50 years of going to the football.
They are obvious second rate umpires who have no idea what a free kick actually is. and this seems to be going on in every game we watch now whether it is at the ground or on tv. Players are getting jumped on in packs, getting dragged out of marking contests and being pulled back when trying to get the ball on the ground in full view of these so called umpires who do not have the brains or know how to pay the obvious free kick.
God help some team in the finals who will certainly lose a game because of these incompetent fools. This is not sour grapes but an observation of how umpiring has slipped now to its lowest standard i have ever seen.

No idea how old you are but if you really want to see bad umpiring watch a final in the 60's and 70's. Makes todays game look like the best game ever umpired.
The thing is it isn't the 60's and 70's any more, the umpires are meant to be professionals. I don't really blame the umpires I blame their bosses, they've caused this situation.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Mon 05 Apr 2010 1:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:ahhh, now I understand why most posters here think plugger66 is an idiot and/or a stooge for the AFL.... he is.

I thought you left this site because you were upset with some people. My 9 year old daughter told me today she was leaving because her mum said she was naughty. Anyway back to the thread. As i said umpiring today is better than 40 years ago just like the players.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:ahhh, now I understand why most posters here think plugger66 is an idiot and/or a stooge for the AFL.... he is.

I thought you left this site because you were upset with some people. My 9 year old daughter told me today she was leaving because her mum said she was naughty. Anyway back to the thread. As i said umpiring today is better than 40 years ago just like the players.
Is it better than it was 5 years ago? 10?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is it better than it was 5 years ago? 10?
Dont know but I dont think there is much anyone can do about it. I think umpires go out to do their best just like the players. Sometimes best isnt good enough just like the players today.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
The Sainter wrote:Look, we were very poor with our decision making today continually hand balling when we were clear and should have quickly kicked it down field to our tall forwards but saying that, today's umpiring was as bad as any i've seen in my over 50 years of going to the football.
They are obvious second rate umpires who have no idea what a free kick actually is. and this seems to be going on in every game we watch now whether it is at the ground or on tv. Players are getting jumped on in packs, getting dragged out of marking contests and being pulled back when trying to get the ball on the ground in full view of these so called umpires who do not have the brains or know how to pay the obvious free kick.
God help some team in the finals who will certainly lose a game because of these incompetent fools. This is not sour grapes but an observation of how umpiring has slipped now to its lowest standard i have ever seen.

No idea how old you are but if you really want to see bad umpiring watch a final in the 60's and 70's. Makes todays game look like the best game ever umpired.
Now thats novel, comparing today's game to something 30 years ago, the ultimate whats that got to do with anything...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Now thats novel, comparing today's game to something 30 years ago, the ultimate whats that got to do with anything...
Maybe you should read the first part of his post and then you will see why I said that.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

If anyone on this site thinks the umpires cost us the game today, they have no idea about AFL footy.

We were woeful and that is it.

We will not play like this in September, but the umpiring had nothing to do with today's loss.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:If anyone on this site thinks the umpires cost us the game today, they have no idea about AFL footy.

We will not play like this in September, but the umpiring had nothing to do with today's loss.
We were woeful, but the free against Schneider, and the one missed when he clapped were just as...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:If anyone on this site thinks the umpires cost us the game today, they have no idea about AFL footy.

We were woeful, but the free against Schneider, and the one missed when he clapped were just as...
So, did that cost us the game against a team we should have beaten by 10 goals?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

doesn't say much for the evolution of officialdon, plug. the game has gone ahead in leaps and bounds. the umpires ?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
maverick wrote:

Not sure if we should have won by 10 goals, but it probably did cost us 4 points, and Schneider 12 dream team points...

Cro
Club Player

SaintDebi wrote:I'm obviously dyslexic when it comes to umpires. #13? And here I've been blaming Todd Keating, Umpire #31!
I'm 90% sure it was #31 that pinged him.

That s*** makes me want to quit umpiring, if hacks like that can get into the AFL.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
maverick wrote:

Not sure if we should have won by 10 goals, but it probably did cost us 4 points, and Schneider 12 dream team points...
"dream team points"?

What have "dream team points" got to do with the results of footy games?

Does your petty little "dream team" mean more to you than St Kilda?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
maverick wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
maverick wrote:

"dream team points"?

What have "dream team points" got to do with the results of footy games?

Does your petty little "dream team" mean more to you than St Kilda?
Don't take your mood out on your keyboard, go speak to your family instead.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Don't take your mood out on your keyboard, go speak to your family instead.
My mood's fine. We lost a game we should have won.

Next week is another game (and Melbourne will not let us lose).

As for "dream team points", what a crock.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
maverick wrote:Don't take your mood out on your keyboard, go speak to your family instead.
My mood's fine. We lost a game we should have won.

Next week is another game (and Melbourne will not let us lose).

As for "dream team points", what a crock.
Dream team is a nice little distraction whilst we wait for the season to start.

It was a bit of a joke that's all.

reincarnated

plugger66 wrote:

The benefits of being unemployed...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The benefits of being unemployed...
Speaking from experience reincarnated?